Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
V-Twin Swaps
download-4.jpg

This might have been brought up before but I would love if the Arcade Mode Time Trial Ranking Board had more than just those 8 spots. Add more pages. For example, I drive the Nordschleife with almost every car I buy, but I only see the top 8 times, which is a shame.
This is something that bothers me too.
Now i must use excel or such to keep track of times. :rolleyes:

Better weather effects like reflections on wet tracks instead of invisible standing water and i would also love it if they brought shuffle mode back as it was one of favourite parts of GT5 because there's no messing about with setups or waiting for other players to be ready, just straight in instant racing.
Oh and AI drivers on this game are more like sunday drivers, there's no competition there really.

Last edited:
Yes i definitely miss reflected front/back lights on wet track.

But what i miss the most is that in career mode theres absolutely no fun at racing. Only if you take car with PPs less than 100 PP from the limit you can have a "nice" chasing the rabbit, but no race at all.

Many many times happens, that when i cross finishi line into final lap, i'm like 5 - 8 seconds behind the leader and what happens in just 2 corners? Yes, i'm directly behind him, even if i do some small mistake!! He just waits for me!
This is not fun rubber band effect after all. Thats over exaggerated rubber band which takes all fun out completely.

Change it now to proper race weekends with some racing please.
(but i say this at least from Gran Turismo 4 and there is just a little little chance to change.)
And do not dare say to me, that Gran Turismo is only The Real DRIVING Simulator.

I lost hope in Kaz.

Last edited:
Yes i definitely miss reflected front/back lights on wet track.

But what i miss the most is that in career mode theres absolutely no fun at racing. Only if you take car with PPs less than 100 PP from the limit you can have a "nice" chasing the rabbit, but no race at all.

Many many times happens, that when i cross finishi line into final lap, i'm like 5 - 8 seconds behind the leader and what happens in just 2 corners? Yes, i am durectly behind him, even if i do some small mistake!! He just waits for me!
This is not fun rubber band effect after all. Thats over exaggerated rubber band which takes all fun out completely.

Change it now to proper race weekends with some racing please.
(but i say this at least from Gran Turismo 4 and there is just a little little chance to change.)
And do not dare say to me, that Gran Turismo is only The Real DRIVING Simulator.

I lost hope in Kaz.
I agree, the career mode is boring. I was really hoping when i first started this game that there would be something fresh and new but i was very disappointed. It felt like i was just doing GT5 all over again.

Cars that compete with each other in the real world... Like an complete class instead of just one or two from a class. For example if you have an M5... You should probably have and E63, RS6 (sedan), CTS-V (sedan), CLS 63, XFR-S, RS7, Porsche Panamera if we had them in the game, and so on for most cars. Makes since right? Forza does it. You can go take a car and run it on a track against its natural competitors and have races in the season or create races that put natural competitors against each other. Unlike how GT is now. I can select an 458 Italia and the race will have a ford boss 302 or strangely and m5 or m3 in the race. Or even an older car that doesn't even belong in the race. I'd rather have Forza 5 selection of cars than GT's 1200.

Last edited:
Testing like motor trend. Figure 8, 0-60 and 1/4 mile. Braking from 60-0. To be able to test your car like the automotive journalist get to. That's everyone's dream who's into cars...to be able to test their limits. Benchmark track like top gear or willow springs that motor trend uses. I know big and small willow are in the game but make the game a game at least. Add some fun to it. Test like this will liven it up in my opinion. I know everyone wants to say it was in gt5 but not really. That was boring and dry. And a fake track at that not a real world area where cars are tested. Bring in a real test site and have us do it like it's done in real life by the automotive world.

Last edited:
Man I got a couple things and I'm def not going to read through 160 pages to see if it's already been posted. Rally needs to be upped a lot more. It's like and after thought and a bit half ass attempt. Have more than three rally races in the game team PD... Probably spent too much time putting detail into the coliseum that we can't see in Madrid but had to be as detailed as possible for no reason. Weird... Lose the 17 billion Same model vehicles from the Asian auto market. Too many miatas and so forth. Or keep them and add a billion bmw's, audi's fords and chevy's. Ditch all standard cars... Just start fresh.

I would like to see the 458 GT3 and the MP4-12C GT3 (the most popular touring cars of FIA-GT3, but STILL MISSING :guilty:) and some original tracks from previous GT games like Seattle, SSR11, El Capitan and Midfield... BUT, one important thing I'm waiting to see is a real livery editor. (WAKE UP PD!!! You're making promises about it since GT4 years, but nothing yet...)

An auction house,
Old GT tracks that aren't in GT6(eg.red rock,midfield and tahitti maze)
And my biggest hope, more rally races. What's the point of putting 3 pikes peak cars in, 1\2 new rally cars in aswell and have 1 rally championship!? A couple more rally tracks and events please,
Oh, and speed test and shuffle;)

Auction houses are online useful if other customisable feature are added. Why sell a car you can buy and just send over tuning sheets, but even then, its tuned to your driving style so may not be universal. And its not forza so it would be right at the bottom of the list, BOTTOM.

But i do feel like alot of people are giving up, not just on GT6 but GT/PD altogether.

Last edited:
Thank for posting this up... it's a huge list so please excuse me if my suggestion(s) is/are already on the list as I have yet to read the whole thing...

- ability to pull up a friends list in the online lobbies so you can jump straight from one lobby to another that a friend or friends are in without the need to exit back to the lobby main screen with an option to see exactly the settings of the lobby before selecting to join;

- (probably already up there on the list, but...) absolutely comprehensive ability to filter in the online lobby main screen (pp from/to, bhp from/to, active steering on/off, race quality, connection quality etc);

- online lobby block list: ability to permanently block users from entering any/all lobbies that you make, with an option to unblock as well;

- invite option, to allow friends to quickly join you in a lobby and vice versa;

- menu option to disable the animations/waiting periods during oil changes etc in GT auto;

- ability to purchase paint chips separately;

- oil changes permitted in race lobbies/tuning sheet (online and offline);

- ability to change vehicle in offline pre-race lobbies, such as when in a single race, without having to exit back to the main race event screen;

- easier availability to earn credits - more seasonals, higher credit awards for existing races, more a-spec race events;

- 'rivals' feature which allows for a comparison between yourself and any number of other drivers in given areas of the game, including updates when a rival beats you in achieving a certain trophy or achievement etc;

- in online lobbies, the ability to see all members' fitted car parts (but not their actual settings, of course) including the ability to view each car's bhp/weight etc;

- bug reporting feature which allows for gamers to report bugs about the game direct to a handler at PD in a similar way to how one can send a report when the PS3 itself shuts down unexpectedly;

- ability to choose to voice chat with only certain members of the lobby, so as to facilitate both privacy and the possibility of team event racing without the risk of leaking tactics etc;

- unlimited tuning sheet save spaces (limited only by HDD space);

- ability to share tunes with other drivers (both friends and newly met racers);

- separate time trial leader boards for those who use driving aids and those who do not;

- mobile phone functionality in the shape of being able to send a b-spec driver into a race WITHOUT the need for the PS3 to be on, with progress updated/saved during booting of the game when the user eventually powers on their PS3 whilst connected to the internet;

- virtual equivalents of real-life racing events such as the Bathurst 12hrs and the le Mans 24hrs etc;

- ability to use all existing decals that appear on every race car in the game on any other car, as the user sees fit (seeing as absolute free reign will probably only lead to offensive designs being created anyway);

- ability to gift DLC to other drivers (at a cost, of course);

- ability to use one's own cars when restricting by single make in the online lobbies;

That's all for now. Again, sorry if most of these are already featured in the OP.

I'll add more later.

:cheers:

-I would like to see the Dutch 'Circuitpark Zandvoort' in the list of tracks.
-A dragstrip would me nice, but I think that I won't use it that much.
-I also would like te see that you can make your own decals/decoration on the car, it makes your car more a personal vehicle (when you're online).
-And classics like the BMW M3 E30, VW Corrado, Opel Kadett C Coupe, Ford Capri etc.
-Engine swap is cool, but rebuilding a 4wd/quattro/awd car to rwd would be much cooler :D
-Twin turbo tuning, so there is power in the complete powerband?
-More Vans, trucks, pickups? Maybe big (racing)trucks like DAF, Scania, Mack, Freightliner?

Greetings Eduard
Holland

I'm unsure if this has been mentioned already, but the option to remove/limit the amount of fuel in the vehicle would be cool! Why do i have to drive with a full tank to do the Time Trials?

Where is engine swapping or a livery editor? The fact that GT has never had this legitimately, yet Forza has, is unacceptable. And when people were getting creative making realistic hybrids, children ruined the fun for everybody.

Back