• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 36 comments

Do you like this advertisement?

• Total voters

Ameer67

Premium
United States
Chicago
Is everyone else constantly getting this T300 ad?

Is everyone else constantly getting this T300 ad?

Yep.

EDIT:

It doesn't look like a normal ad, there's no X button or anything for you to click like the others. If you had the X button, you would be able to classify it as repetitive.

Are us permo's supposed to see their ad, since it is a sponsor's ad? If not, I see it as a ad in where the third story in the news section would be.

This is how the advertisement looks on the news section. I like the fact that is says site sponsor on it. Also, could there be a chance in the future that Thrustmaster could become a permanent site sponsor rather than a temporary one?
thrustmaster ad.png

If not, I see it as a ad in where the third story in the news section would be.
Thanks for letting me know about that, it should be gone for you now.

Also, could there be a chance in the future that Thrustmaster could become a permanent site sponsor rather than a temporary one?
I hope they would be interested in something like that in the future, but that's ultimately for them to decide, of course. Direct sponsorships from companies like them will be extremely important for the viability of the site moving forward.

Thanks for letting me know about that, it should be gone for you now.

I hope they would be interested in something like that in the future, but that's ultimately for them to decide, of course. Direct sponsorships from companies like them will be extremely important for the viability of the site moving forward.
I will say this- I've held off of buying a wheel for a while since I'm still not sure about what I really want in a wheel. But if someone (in this case, Thrustmaster) does decide to do a permanent sponsorship, I'd be more inclined to purchase their product since they support a site that I care about. I hope that they do go permanent with the sponsorship so that I'd have a bigger reason to justify my wanting of a T300 RS.

I will say this- I've held off of buying a wheel for a while since I'm still not sure about what I really want in a wheel. But if someone (in this case, Thrustmaster) does decide to do a permanent sponsorship, I'd be more inclined to purchase their product since they support a site that I care about. I hope that they do go permanent with the sponsorship so that I'd have a bigger reason to justify my wanting of a T300 RS.

I concur, definitely.

Not sure how much Thrustmaster spent, but I wish PD do the same to support a thriving community if they haven't already do so. I'm sure PD learned and benefited immensely from the discussions on GTP.

TB
Does there really have to be a poll for everything?

There's only one way to find out. Include an option for "No Standards", that way both I and the GT6 crowd can vote.

Clicking through to the Amazon page there's a great price on the T-Flight HOTAS controller, I use that for FSX/X-Plane and it's brilliant.

Last edited:
I just wonder sometimes how the ads on top and to the left while in the forums, when I do searching for cameras while incognito, are still able to show what I was just looking at (there's a word for that type of ad but i forgot..).

I have AdBlock on my computer and it made YT a lot faster, and don't have issues here.
But things related to GT such as products or even announcements don't bother me. I know what I'm looking for and don't get distracted.

I don't care. Why? Because the yellow banner under my username.

Maybe this wasn't the best poll for premium member to answer.

I said yes, since my wheel will be useless on the PS4. And I did watch it twice before Jordan fixed it when I said I could see it. :indiff:

I'm going to make a new thread entitled, "Does there really have to be a poll for everything?"...with a poll of course, minimum 8 options. Will surely win the award for most epic poll on GTP ever
smiley-laughing001.gif
I made one a few years ago, it got locked :P

Ah man. The Banner is no longer there. It has been replaced with a generic GoogleAds. Sponsored news article stayed though.

Wish the contract was prolonged. I hate seeing "Sign up for Facebook" ads on GTPlanet. Thrustmaster banner looks in theme to me.

Their ad is definitely working, because it was the ultimate trigger to my decision to finally get a T300 RS...
I don't mind at all well picked adverts that can actually be useful to us, e.g. sim equipment that we're likely to want to know about. Thanks Jordan (I'm refraining from asking for attention via a @).

Their ad is definitely working, because it was the ultimate trigger to my decision to finally get a T300 RS...
I don't mind at all well picked adverts that can actually be useful to us, e.g. sim equipment that we're likely to want to know about. Thanks Jordan (I'm refraining from asking for attention via a @).
That's great to hear; perhaps you should consider sending them an email to let them know it played a part in your buying decision? I'm sure they would like to know, and it may encourage them to advertise again here in the future. I love working with advertisers like them, too; unfortunately there just aren't enough businesses in the sim racing niche to run more exclusive campaigns like that.

Back