(((Thunder Days))) -NASCAR Series- Season Over- *Claim Your Prizes* :)

United Kingdom
worcestershire
TheOldStig
\\\*Welcome*///

Series info:
-All welcome to join.
-A Nascar series with straightforward rules and regulations for the purpose of fun, competitively close and fair racing.
-Series consisting of 6 events with 2 races per event (Including: 2 official Nascar tracks, 2 DLC tracks and 2 custom made tracks)
-unrestricted number of Teams and Independent entires based.
-Series start date: 04/08/2013

How to join:
-Write in this thread if you would like to join or send a request to TheOldStig through PSN.
-The race event will be on every Sunday at: 9pm UK time (In TheOldStig's lounge) following the race Calender (list below)
-Please be on time (Race 1 starts at: 9:10pm UK time). If you miss 3 events in a row without informing TheOldStig in this thread, PM or through PSN, you will be removed from the season.

Racing rules and regulations:
-Drive cleanly and avoid collisions as much as possible.
-At least one pit stop must be made in a each race.
-Bump Drafting is allowed as long as it doesn't cause any crashes.
-A driver is given the right bump another car side on if they have the inside line while corners to keep their position but without causing the other driver to go off the track or crash into wall or any of the other drivers.
-If you do go off (not caused by another driver) then be careful of other drivers when rejoing the race.

Grid system:
-Race 1: Qualify for place on the grid (fastest first), 10 mins qualifying, Race 1 starts at: 9:10pm UK time.
-Race 2: Reverse grid based on race 1.

Safety Car Rules:
After a crash of spin caused by another drive to one or more cars, this procedure must be followed:
1: The driver/s who were impacted must message "crash" in the chat which will allow the safety car to move into the track.
2: No overtaking is allowed (keep in single file) after the message is displayed, The cars that were involved in the crash must rejoin the back of the grid (person who caused it to take last place).
3: The cars must keep behind the safety car and stay in a single file to allow all the cars behind to catch up and when all the drivers have caught up, the safety car will drive into the pits then all Nascars can resume to race speeds when they cross the start/finish line.

People responsible for the crashes/spins will be given a penalty. (see below)

Penalty system:
After the race, the race replay will be watched and Penalties will be given to:
-Drivers who caused a crash <-5pts>
-Drivers who do not follow the 'Crash & Spin' procedure <-15pts>
-Drivers who do not make at least 1 pit stop <-10pts>

Any complaints will be taken into account.

Points system:
Disconnecting or Missing a race:
-The drivers who are disconnected will be placed below the drivers who finished the race, on the results table. All drivers who are disconnected will receive the same number of points.
-The drivers who do not attend or join a race will be placed below the drivers who were disconnected on the results table. All drivers who miss a race will receive equal number of points.

-Points given to each driver for the team results are determined by what position those drivers gained on the driver results table, the amount of points given to each driver in the team are converted depending on how many drivers are in the team.
Additional points:
-1 point is given to the drivers who make the podium for the Race:1 grid by setting the best lap time in qualifying.
- 1 point is given in each race to the driver who achieves the fastest lap time in the race.

Car rules and regulations:
-Mics- Allowed
-Driving Aids: Only ABS allowed
-Tyre/Fuel Consumption: Very fast/normal
-Visual Damage Off
-Mechanical Damage Off
-Slipstream: Strong
-Penalties: Off
-Boost: Off
-Tyres: All tyres are Allowed
-Car setup/tuning: Allowed
-Aero parts: Allowed
-Start Grid file: Rolling start (dbl. file)/ Standing Starts
-Power Limit: 867Bhp

Nascars:
-Please ensure your car is not already taken as there has to be one of every car unless you're in a team where all drivers must drive the same car. (see list of cars taken below)
-If you do not own any of the Nascars left available then we will be happy to provide you with the car that you need to compete with for the series.

List of Teams and Drivers: 9/15
SAFETY CAR -> Nissan GRAN TURISMO SKYLINE GT-R (PaceCar)
-Alan2134 / Alan_2134

A team can consist of up to 3 drivers.

#83 -> Red Bull TOYOTA CAMRY
-TIMxMP4-26 / TIMxMP4-26

#48 -> Lowe's CHEVROLET IMPALA
-Optimusbiffus / Optimusbiffus
-rst220 / rst220

#18 -> M&M’S TOYOTA CAMRY
-mrbrendon999 / Mrbrendon999
-sibbystiggy / TheOldStig

#20 -> The Home Depot TOYOTA CAMRY
-Stormtrooper217 / Stormtrooper2178

#20 -> GameStop TOYOTA CAMRY
-MP412C /mosstheboss9722

#11 -> FedEx TOYOTA CAMRY
-PAN-__- / PAN-__-

#43 -> Best Buy FORD FUSION
-katiegan / Katiegan

Calender:

-Indy Speedway (Official Nascar Track)
Date: 04/08/13
Laps: 24
-Tyre/Fuel Consumption: Very Fast

-Eifel Nascar/Speedway (2 Custom Tracks)
Date: 11/08/13
Laps: 20

-Motegi Super Speedway (DLC Track)
Date: 18/08/13
Laps: 26

-Daytona Speedway (Official Nascar Track)
Date: 25/08/13

- Toscana Tarmac Speedway (Custom Track)
Date: 01/09/13

-Route X (DLC Track)
Date: 08/09/13
Laps:
-Tyre/Fuel Consumption: Normal

Standings:

Last edited:
Alan2134
Do you need pace car for your series

I wasn't considering 1 tbh, I need more drivers before I can actually start the series, however as I've only given room for a max of 15 nascar driver entries, there is 1 extra space for a pace car but I will need to rethink the incidents rules before I can put 1 in so il get bck to u, Thanx for the suggestion 👍

I wasn't considering 1 tbh, I need more drivers before I can actually start the series, however as I've only given room for a max of 15 nascar driver entries, there is 1 extra space for a pace car but I will need to rethink the incidents rules before I can put 1 in so il get bck to u, Thanx for the suggestion 👍
Ok. I'll be NASCAR driver when more people to sign up. Than tell me you want me be pace car. Now NASCAR driver

Name GTP Alan2134
Name PSN Alan_2134

Ok. I'll be NASCAR driver when more people to sign up. Than tell me you want me be pace car. Now NASCAR driver

Name GTP Alan2134
Name PSN Alan_2134

Done, welcome to the series :)
if there is anyone you know who would be interested in this series, please let them know, thanks 👍

Sounds great. I'll be up for this. :)

GTP: Stormtrooper217
PSN: Stormtrooper2178

And if it is available, I would like to drive the #20 Home Depot car.

I've put you down, Thanks for joining welcome to the series :)
so far 'Kyle Busch #18 M&M&#8217;S TOYOTA CAMRY' & 'Joey Logano #20 The Home Depot TOYOTA CAMRY' have been taken

Do you want be in a team with me or someone else

Me and Tim as team mates were the initial idea however, ive not heard from him for a while so we can be in a team of 3 if you want? or if he decides not to take part or be my team mate then we'll be in a team of 2, or you can ask any of the other drivers if they want to team up 👍

I've put you down, Thanks for joining welcome to the series :)
so far 'Kyle Busch #18 M&M’S TOYOTA CAMRY' & 'Joey Logano #20 The Home Depot TOYOTA CAMRY' have been taken

Me and Tim as team mates were the initial idea however, ive not heard from him for a while so we can be in a team of 3 if you want? or if he decides not to take part or be my team mate then we'll be in a team of 2, or you can ask any of the other drivers if they want to team up 👍

You want me to be Jimmie Johnson #48 Lowe's Chevy. Or Denny Hamlin #11 FedEx Camry

Alan2134
You want me to be Jimmie Johnson #48 Lowe's Chevy. Or Denny Hamlin #11 FedEx Camry

I don't mind which 1 u choose :-) i
Think there is a small difference between them but I suggest the FedEx Camry for the looks, let me know which you choose

So do you want to go independent then or join me and Tim?

Last edited:
I don't mind which 1 u choose :-) i
Think there is a small difference between them but I suggest the FedEx Camry for the looks, let me know which you choose

So do you want to go independent then or join me and Tim?

Go with Denny Hamlin #11 FedEx Camry

I like join with you and Tim

Go with Denny Hamlin #11 FedEx Camry

I like join with you and Tim

cool cool, I was thinking more of Brian Vickers #83 Red Bull TOYOTA CAMRY '11 do you have 1? just a suggestion or we can stick to Denny Hamlin #11 FedEx Camry if you want

I'll put down the teams now

cool cool, I was thinking more of Brian Vickers #83 Red Bull TOYOTA CAMRY '11 do you have 1? just a suggestion or we can stick to Denny Hamlin #11 FedEx Camry if you want

I'll put down the teams now

I don't have Brian Vicker #83 red bull Camry

I don't have Brian Vicker #83 red bull Camry

I can send you a 'Brian Vicker #83 red bull Camry' if you wish to use it

I'm not sure if I can make it every Tuesday but I will try.

-Improvements:
Re-designed scoring display
A new layout for teams and drivers

-New INFO:
Races will take place on Sundays (more people found it convinced, im opened to suggestions)
Power Limit: 865BHP
Car setup and Tuning: Allowed
Visual Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: None
Start Grid file: Rolling start

-Still to sort out:
Series start date.....
Procedure after an incident:...............
Time of races......

Last edited:
Send me a Brian vicker #83 red bull Camry
I watch NASCAR race. And can we race after NASCAR race.

Alan2134
Send me a Brian vicker #83 red bull Camry
I watch NASCAR race. And can we race after NASCAR race.

What time is the race? Sounds like a plan (watching it and then doing it ur self on gt5)
Ok il send you the car today :-)

Series is to start Sunday 4th August 2013,
'Time of races' in different zones will be put up during this week.

-Newer rules are added and few adjusted

Good luck for Sunday guys!

Last edited:
Series is to start Sunday 4th August 2013,
'Time of races' in different zones will be put up during this week.

-Newer rules are added and few adjusted

Good luck for Sunday guys!

Crash & spin
About 65 mph for cautions
3 laps cautions

1lap is everyone catch up
2 lap is everyone allow to pit
3 lap is everyone need to double up to restart

(Lucky dog)who first lap down

(Wave around) who front of the leader and get back their lap

Green- white- checkered
If caution on 2 lap to go is A Green-White-Checkered will only be attempted 3 times

1 lap is pace lap
2 lap is green flag
3 lap is white flag

Last edited:
Alan2134
Crash & spin
About 65 mph for cautions
3 laps cautions

1lap is everyone catch up
2 lap is everyone allow to pit
3 lap is everyone need to double up to restart

(Lucky dog)who first lap down

(Wave around) who front of the leader and get back their lap

Green- white- checkered
If caution on 2 lap to go is A Green-White-Checkered will only be attempted 3 times

1 lap is pace lap
2 lap is green flag
3 lap is white flag

Thank you for your suggestions, your way sounds very professional however, my proceedure's purpose is to minimise time spend on not racing so people can get back to the race as quickly as possible cus the priority of this series is to be fun, competitive and simple, your idea seems to take alot of laps and steps,

I would really like to try out my idea and see if it's successful and if not then I will change it to your way, is that Ok with you?

-The race event will be on every Sunday at: EDT-10:00, BST-15:00

If any problems with this scheduled, please message me as soon as possible before sunday

Alan2134
Do we practice before the race or we race at the time

You can practice whenever you want with me but due to everyone having different schedules on days other than Sunday, it's unlikely anyone else will join us, I'm free most of the week so you can choose a time and il join for practice before Sunday

Last set of changed before Sunday.

Disconnecting or Missing a race:
-The drivers who are disconnected will be placed below the drivers who finished the race, on the results table. The order depends on the position their held before getting disconnected.
-The drivers who do not attend or join a race will be placed below the drivers who were disconnected on the results table. All drivers who miss a race will receive equal number of points.

Crash & Spins:
3: The lap leader must slow down to 120mph to allow all the cars behind to catch up, when all the cars are caught up TheOldStig will post a number in chat, once the total time (top right of screen) reaches this number the cars will resume to race speed or there will be a count down via a mic. (making use of the mic or total time to resume back into the race quickly)

Last edited:
I'll be there as long as I don't fall asleep. I barely got any rest last night. :scared:

Great race guys. Believe it or not, that's my first win in any GTP series. :lol::D

Race 2 is about to begin. Hopefully I can make it 2-for-2.

EDIT: Finished 3rd. Great racing. Running a few laps on your custom track, I expect even better racing next weekend. :)

Last edited:
I swear that Brendon crossed the line after I took the checkered flag. He should be credited with a 2nd place finish for race #1.

Back