Nissan Skyline GT-R (R33)
Nissan Skyline GT-R N1 (R33)
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33) / LM Limited
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33) '97
Nismo 400R
Nismo GT-R LM Road Car
Infinity Concept Vision Gran Turismo
Nissan Gran Turismo Skyline GT-R Pace Car
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec (II) N1 / MNP (R34)
Nissan Skyline GT-R M-spec (R34)
Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) '99
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec (II) (R34)
Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) '00
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II Nür (R34)
Nissan Skyline GT-R M-spec Nür (R34)
Nissan Gran Turismo Skyline GT-R
Nismo Skyline GT-R R-tune (R34)

Moral of the story : don't ask your friend for a car suggestion when you just began to test the brand he hates the most, or he will make the most time consuming suggestion he can think of :lol:

R32s were full of tiny differences, like 10kg, 3hp, 0.03 stiffer springs, etc.
R34s ? That's even worse ! I even found cars with the exact same stats, but different PPs... and one is definitely faster... :banghead: Note that the Midnight Purple editions seem based on the N1 specs, though they have the regular GT-R body, while the N1s got the V-spec aero bodykit.
R33s GT-R could have been nearly fitted in one line, as they really felt identical for most of them. I decided to keep one line for each different technical spec.

At least, now, I'm done with all those modern GT-Rs :D But I'm afraid it will be the same kind of joke with the S2000, Miata, RX-7 catalogs...

About the Infinity VGT : ugly, chinese copy of the Nissan VGT, unpleasant to drive - especially when you have to hold a button on your steering wheel to get all the power. Plus, it looks like it has eaten too much at fast foods when you look at those... useless things below the side windows. And it's ugly.

Tried for fun to have a quick shot with the Chap' 2X, on its stock race hard tires, looks like it could break the minute. A bit more difficult on comfort softs, I didn't took the time to do a clean lap but it can surely still go well under 1'10. Anyway, that was just to try out, this won't figure out in the board.

Last edited:
About the Infinity VGT : ugly, chinese copy of the Nissan VGT, unpleasant to drive - especially when you have to hold a button on your steering wheel to get all the power. Plus, it looks like it has eaten too much at fast foods when you look at those... useless things below the side windows. And it's ugly.

Tried for fun to have a quick shot with the Chap' 2X, on its stock race hard tires, looks like it could break the minute. A bit more difficult on comfort softs, I didn't took the time to do a clean lap but it can surely still go well under 1'10. Anyway, that was just to try out, this won't figure out in the board.

Well, that review of the Infiniti was just brutal. I think you didn't like it, but maybe that's just me... :lol:

As for the 2X, what is your opinion? Is it good or bad?

The 2X is clearly the type of car I'll probably never use anymore, but I like it, because now it really nailed what the VGT project is for. It is a nice experience which opens a reflexion on its technologies. I love the thought and dedication that was put into it. The main downside I can find with it is that a steering wheel doesn't feel appropriate for this. I think maybe there should be an option to control the wheels with the L and R buttons of the pad, with sticks for braking and acceleration.

The 2X is clearly the type of car I'll probably never use anymore, but I like it, because now it really nailed what the VGT project is for. It is a nice experience which opens a reflexion on its technologies. I love the thought and dedication that was put into it. The main downside I can find with it is that a steering wheel doesn't feel appropriate for this. I think maybe there should be an option to control the wheels with the L and R buttons of the pad, with sticks for braking and acceleration.

Now that is you review a car; you take into consideration everything that led to the creation of the car and don't judge the car with basic uninspired guesses. The wheel bit I find odd, most people who drove the 2X felt it was a better car with a wheel than with a pad. They mentioned that scrubbing the tires is harder with a pad, and tire scrubbing is the best way to use the car properly.

What I mean by saying the wheel feels not appropriate in this case is that the "real" car has different controls, and the steering wheel won't allow you to experience the whole wingsuit thing. But I don't blame anyone for that, that's certainly too much work for that very thing.

I do my testing on Trial Mountain myself, gave the Infiniti a thorough test on it today. Definitely see why you don't like it, even on sports softs it's incredibly unpredictable and slidey, ruined a few good laps due to it. The interior is even more of a joke, going down into a crest you can't see a thing due to the curved windscreen. :lol:

Liking what you're doing here, keep up the good work! :cheers:

What I mean by saying the wheel feels not appropriate in this case is that the "real" car has different controls, and the steering wheel won't allow you to experience the whole wingsuit thing. But I don't blame anyone for that, that's certainly too much work for that very thing.

Well, GT can do many things, but I think imitating a wing suit isn't one of them. :lol: Unless you were using Oculus Rift or something... But yeah, the car is demanding, but not bad at all. It's just a car that requires you to recalibrate your driving senses to get it right.

Update :

Mercedes SL 500 (R129)
Mercedes SL 600 (R129)
Mercedes SL 500 (R230)
Mercedes SL 55 AMG (R230)
Mercedes SL 600 (R230)
Mercedes SL 65 AMG (R230)
Mercedes CL 600
Mercedes CLK 55 AMG
Mercedes C 63 AMG
Mercedes E 55 AMG
Mercedes SLS AMG
Mercedes SLR McLaren '09
Mercedes SLR McLaren '03
Mercedes AMG Vision Gran Turismo
Pontiac Vibe GT
Pontiac Sunfire GXP Concept
Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
Pontiac Solstice Coupe Concept
Pontiac Tempest Le Mans GTO
Pontiac GTO 5.7 Coupe
Holden Monaro CV8
Holden Commodore SS

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand....

KILLCOUNT = 5

KrRr4Zw.jpg

This one tried to fly through the other stars, but 2 tons always fall back to Earth.

Also, I tried a Lotus Elise Type 72 vs Buick Special race on SSR5 tonight. That was hilarious and closer than you might think (despite the long main straight) :lol:

Last edited:
You're lucky as I saw that just before doing my daily session. The Diablo GT2 is technically a race-car prototype that never seen public roads, so I haven't done it yet. I might do it nevertheless, as it is packaged in GT6 as some road-legal tuners are, but I have other priorities now (I'll spend the week doing cars under 410 PP).

Also, I've reached the 300th car ! So I had to try out something along these lines :

This had to be the Toronado, and after driving it, I think I couldn't have represented this any better :D

So, cars tested today :

Jay Leno's 1966 Oldsmobile Toronado
Ford Focus ST170
Ford Focus ST '06
Ford Focus ST '13
Ford Focus RS
Lamborghini Diablo GT
BMW M5 '08
BMW M5 '05

---------------------------------------------------------------------

So, let's update the tops and flops at the current state :

Top 10 "real street cars" :

McLaren MP4-12C
McLaren F1
Ferrari Enzo
Ferrari 458 Italia
Nissan GT-R Nismo
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6)
Light Car Company Rocket
Jaguar XJ220
Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale
Mercedes SLS AMG

We have three new entries in here, which lefts only one GT-R in the top now. Those 3 cars are here for very different reasons : power for the Corvette, race-car like cornering speeds for the XJ220 and overall balance for the SLS. Note that the Jaguar is the second pre-2000 car to come in here.

Top 10 "cheated cars" :

Lotus Elise 111 R (S2) > +65 (gains 10)
Amuse S2000 R1 > +45 (gains 11)
Lotus Elise Type 72 (S2) > +44 (gains 5)
Ferrari Dino 246 GT > +42 (gains 6)
MG F > +41 (gains 11)
Lotus Elise (S1) > +40 (gains 6)
Lotus Elise 111 S (S2) > +37 (gains 4)

Lotus Esprit Sport 350 > +36
ASL Garaiya > +36 (gains 3)

Tommykaira ZZ-II > +35 (stable)

Only one new entry, which is again a Lotus - though this time it is not an Elise. All the cars in the top got even more points since last time, except for the ZZ-II, but some gained more. The 111R reaches now an impressive +65 PP, while the Amuse R1 and the MG F share the most important increase both in points and ranking.

Flop 10 :

Jay Leno's 1966 Oldsmobile Toronado > -117
Buick Special "Bu'Wicked" > -89 (improves of 5)
Mercedes SL 65 AMG (R230) > -86
Mercedes SL 600 (R230) > -70

Cizeta V16T > -66 (improves of 1)
Citroën GT Concept > -54 (stable)
Chevrolet Silverado SST > -53
Lotus Carlton > -50 (stable)
Mercedes SL 55 AMG (R230) > -50
Caterham Seven Fireblade > -50 (improves of 9)

Now there's a lot of change in the flop with five new entries : if Lotus takes the cake in the cheated cars rank, Mercedes made the flop their territory ! If we don't acknowledge the Citroën, there's another Mercedes waiting for the 10th spot. For those which were already in this flop before, they tend to improve, as ******** cars are tested around. We can also notice that the flop is now mainly occupied by powerful but heavy cars. Only the Caterham is from the light but underpowered type, and it is on a good way to exit the flop 10. And don't forget the Tank Car has probably something like -200, but is put aside for now as it makes a hell of a mess on slower cars recalculation currently.

See you for the 400 cars mark !

Update :

Chrysler PT Cruiser
Opel Vectra 3.2 V6
Vauxhall Vectra 3.2 V6
BMW 507
BMW 120i
BMW 120d
BMW 2002 Turbo
Honda Fit RS
Honda CR-Z α

And...

KILLCOUNT = 6... twice !

kL1CzyI.jpg

EdejHfL.jpg

Hello, is this the Honda dealer ? Yeah, remember the spare car I asked you when I crashed the first... I think I'll need another one.

Quick note on the two Vectras : the Vauxhall has a shorter final ratio and exits the corners better, but the 4th gets you too low on the revs, so the Opel takes back what it lost there at the end of the straights.

Quick note on the CRZ : I had to restart the session twice, because the batteries are getting out of power just when finishing lap 2, which is then more than noticeable in performances. It showed completely unnecessary finally as the best lap was the very first one :banghead:

The racing version of the CR-Z does the same thing. When I raced it in an online championship I'd basically get 1 flying lap in Qualifying, sometimes the hybrid battery would be fully expired on the warm-up lap.

Sorry about the lack of updates since the beginning of the year. Wasn't really in the mood with all that stuff going around here.

Anyway, back to business with the whole Fiat dealership ! Which increments the

Killcount = 8

VrCBt0H.jpg

That's why Pandas are an endangered specie.

It's okay man, France must still be reeling from all those terrible moments. My thought are with you and all who perished in the attacks.

Also, how did you manage to crash a Panda? Surely the car isn't that fast to crash like that... :boggled:

I haven't been receiving updates for this thread somehow, and that makes me sad because this is my favorite thread on the boards (besides mine of course :P)

I love your captions under your kill count photos, especially the Cappuccino and Panda!

Hey, you've tested 335 cars, and I've tested 336 cars (at Laguna.) What are the odds we'd be so close?

It's okay man, France must still be reeling from all those terrible moments. My thought are with you and all who perished in the attacks.

Yep, that's a very sad and unfortunate thing of course, but now there's politics and people's reactions to deal with.

Also, how did you manage to crash a Panda? Surely the car isn't that fast to crash like that... :boggled:

It really likes to roll over on that curb. In fact, I rolled it twice here. So I had to make myself a reason and gice a few centimeters back :lol:

I haven't been receiving updates for this thread somehow, and that makes me sad because this is my favorite thread on the boards (besides mine of course :P)

Thanks mate, that's nice to read things like that these days :)

I love your captions under your kill count photos, especially the Cappuccino and Panda!

Yeah, that kind of car names is so much better than the usual arrays of letters and numbers, you can mock them more easily :D

Hey, you've tested 335 cars, and I've tested 336 cars (at Laguna.) What are the odds we'd be so close?

I don't know, but now I have to keep up with the testings !

Yep, that's a very sad and unfortunate thing of course, but now there's politics and people's reactions to deal with.

Yeah, it must be hard for you to see so many negative thoughts after all that's happened. Terrorism is never a nice thing to witness...

It really likes to roll over on that curb. In fact, I rolled it twice here. So I had to make myself a reason and gice a few centimeters back :lol:

Small cars, soft suspensions and curbs, am I right? :lol:

Update :

Honda Civic 1500 3 door CX
Honda Civic 1500 3 door 25i
Honda Ballade Sports CR-X 1.5i
Honda CR-X Del Sol SiR
Honda Civic SiR-II EG6 '91
Honda Civic SiR-II EG6 '92
Honda Civic SiR-II EG6 '93
Honda Civic SiR-II EG6 '95
Honda CR-X SiR
Honda Civic Type-R EP3 '01 (EU)
Honda Civic Type-R EP3 '01 (JP)
Honda Civic Type-R EP3 '04
Ford Ka

And...

Killcount = 10

tKtEMec.jpg

CmiCAZh.jpg

Elders, youngsters... everyone seems to have problems with their Civic duties nowadays.

A few notes :

- In the game, all EG6 are advertised as SiR-II, but weight 1040kg, which matches the specs of the lightweight SiR. ABS was at least an option on EG6, and I think it was systematically fitted with the SiR-II trim. ABS was standard on EG6 VTi in Europe... but a lot of people tend to disable the system (everyone if you look only at people who go on track or rally). So I decided to give a quick try with ABS, but ultimately disabled it. ABS wasn't faster anyway.
- The EU version EP3 doesn't have the right 4 - 5 - 6 gears, which are longer than the JDM version's IRL (fitting the JDM 4-5-6 gears is quite common around here).
- Ford Ka : ABS was optionnal, and had reliability issues, so I ran it without.

If you think the EU got screwed with a K20A2 engine in the EP3, at least you're not in the USA where we got the K20A3 with just 160 hp. Wish they would have included that so everyone could laugh at it.

Generally, you guys just got screwed with japanese cars. Your gen 2 CRXs just look like **** compared to what we have here XD. The only positive thing I see are the US-specific Coupe Civics.

And, for the EP3, I think some 2004 restyled EU models actually had a more power than the non-facelifted EU versions.

Generally, you guys just got screwed with japanese cars. Your gen 2 CRXs just look like **** compared to what we have here XD. The only positive thing I see are the US-specific Coupe Civics.

And, for the EP3, I think some 2004 restyled EU models actually had a more power than the non-facelifted EU versions.

On the plus side, the last few Toyota Supra Turbos on the Euro market were delimited, both power and speed wise, compared to JDM models. So that's good, at least.

Yeah, but they are also uber-rare, and now super expensive. The last French-spec MK4 Supra I saw in the classifieds was around 50k € if I remember well.

Yeah, but they are also uber-rare, and now super expensive. The last French-spec MK4 Supra I saw in the classifieds was around 50k € if I remember well.

Yeah, that's the problem. The very few that haven't been Fast and Furious'd now command collector's money. They are indeed the last of their breed.

Another examples of JDM screwing us from good cars are the Daihatsu Sirion\Storia (the X4 version), and the Nissan Almera\Pulsar (the VZ-R and the VZ-R N1 versions, both found in GT2)...

I swear I'll import a Storia X4 and spread the good word about Daihatsu's to Americans one day. Love that car. Makes something like 133 hp from 700cc. Incredible.

Don't forget the Pulsar VZ-R N1; it took Honda making the S2000 to take away the "most power per litre" Naturally Aspirated throne from it. That car makes the Almera GTI look like a bad joke...

There's so much things to import... I'd love to have a Vivio RX-R just to drive it on snow with studded tires and kick some AX 4x4's asses on Flaine ice track^^

Update :

Ford Taurus SHO
Mitsubishi FTO GR '94
Mitsubishi FTO GR '97
Mitsubishi FTO GPX '94
Mitsubishi FTO GPX '97 / '99
Mitsubishi FTO GP version R '97
Mitsubishi FTO GP version R '99

Notes :
- The Taurus is not as bad as I thought. But it's still slow and very ugly.
- I spotted an error on the FTOs. IRL, only the GPvR has a LSD, but in GT6, every single FTO has the same LSD values.
- Regarding ABS on the FTO, it was an option on most versions. In fact, nearly everything was an option on these (but reasonably priced options). Also, they are awesome. I already thought about importing one before. I'm still wanting one.

Back