Time zone 200% trick?

DaveTheStalker

Vinyl Addict
Premium
United States
Michigan
DaveTheStalker
Read about it last last night, but it was within some other thread. What is the trick about adjusting your XMB time zone to build up the 200% bonus in 5 hours?

I tried setting it ahead one hour and it didn't work.

Change the timezone - not the time itself.
And it was the VIP thread you saw it in I believe. ;)

1. Set your PS3's timezone so that the system time is 11:xx pm. (For example, as of this post, you would need to set it to GMT -2, so that the system time is 11:01 PM.) Note that you have to change the timezone, NOT the system time, else GT5 will tell you "The date and time are not set correctly" and it won't work.
2. Wait until the top of the hour, log in to GT Mode, recieve bonus.
3. Repeat until 200% bonus is reached.
4. ???????
5. Profit.
(from the thread in GT5 VIP)

CSLACR
Change the timezone - not the time itself.
And it was the VIP thread you saw it in I believe. ;)

I know it's the time zone. Otherwise GT5 will spaz out ;)

I just figured it out. The time zone has to be changed to one just about to switch to midnight.

EDIT I just set it to one that is +3.5 (Tehran) ;). England was previous (+3), Abu Dhabi (+4) will be next. Then I should be all good!

EDIT Actually, I need to back now, not ahead...

Last edited:
I actually found this out and was wondering if it was my thread that got moved to the v.I.p. Section since I don't seem to be a very important person can someone check for me? Thanks

SopranoStylle
I actually found this out and was wondering if it was my thread that got moved to the v.I.p. Section since I don't seem to be a very important person can someone check for me? Thanks

I read it as a post, not as a thread. Probably the "What's this I hear about GT5?" thread. As it's the only one in the VIP forum that I'm subbed to.

Either way it's a fantastic find! Especially if you do a long endurance race like 9 Hours of Tsukuba Boredom or LeMans & Nurb 24 hour races.

DaveTheStalker
I read it as a post, not as a thread. Probably the "What's this I hear about GT5?" thread. As it's the only one in the VIP forum that I'm subbed to.

Either way it's a fantastic find! Especially if you do a long endurance race like 9 Hours of Tsukuba Boredom or LeMans & Nurb 24 hour races.

Oh cool thanks for letting me know man

Do you mean than it's possible to reduce the length of these races by changing the time zone?

Back