• 45 comments

Matty

Insert User Title Here
Premium
Ireland
Mother's House
MattyMc1996
Egg's box? £3.60.
Okay, I just thought this evening that a Touring Trucks series would be a good idea.

The cars allowed would be:

Ford SVT F-150 Lightning '03

ford__svt_f_150_lightning___03_by_chaletsuisse-d33yyr6.jpg

Toyota Tacoma X-Runner '04

images

Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Hemi Quad Cab '04 (Recieving one of Tom. 👍)

images

Chevrolet Silverado SST concept '02 (Recieving of HSV-010)

6733170917_2efbfe9dd0_z.jpg

When I get the Dodge of Tom I have all the cars I need to do the series. I will run 1 team of each car and there will be 3 member's per team. There will be a Driver's Championship, Team's Championship and Manufacturer Championship.

Point's System to be announced. Also I will consider getting a safety car for pace lap's and maybe running cautions in the series. 👍

This is still very much a work in progress so please be patient.

SPECIFICATIONS

To be announced.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FORD:

CHEVROLET:

DODGE:

TOYOTA:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if anybody's interested just say and sign up in this format:

GTP:mattymc96
PSN:mattymc1996
CAR: Dodge, Ford, Toyota or Chevrolet.

Anyway I think I'm done now, if you notice any mistakes or have any queries don't hesitate to ask/mention them. 👍

:gtpflag: :gtplanet:

Last edited:
Daihatsu Midjet?

No..

Road and oval courses?

Mainly Road with the possibility of a oval one as I don't want it to be too much like Furi's NASCAR Trucks series.

Didn't Furi already do this?

As I just said he did NASCAR Trucks, this is Touring Truck's a completely new idea. As we will focus on road tracks more with possiblity of a oval race.

Didn't Furi already do this?

He did NASCAR trucks which was based around the Camping Truck Series so it was mainly ovals. I'm guessing this is somehow different :confused:

EDIT: Tree'd, Tree'd and Tree'd again.

Last edited:
He did NASCAR trucks which was based around the Camping Truck Series so it was mainly ovals. I'm guessing this is somehow different :confused:

EDIT: Tree'd, Tree'd and Tree'd again.

Different as in it focus' on road course rather then oval's.

So anybody interested or are you just going to annoy me? :dopey:

Trucks aren't really my thing, they're too heavy and lethargic for me :yuck: Don't mind the NASCAR CWTS but I think I'd get too frustrated running these things on the road :lol:

Well I don't care how much you annoy me as long as you turn up and drive clean 👍 which I know you will.

*Wait's for flood's of Dax like troll's :nervous:*

So I'll do some testing on the truck's I do have and I'll post requirements and setting's, time's etc. as needed. 👍

Last edited:
So... If someone ran a series with the ford GT, the audi R8, the corvette ZR1, lamborghini murcielago and nissan GT-R, but most of the tracks were ovals...

Ahh, forget it. :sly:

So what time would this be ran?

Sign me up for this! :D

I can send you a Dodge Ram, by the way.

Tom
Sign me up for this! :D

I can send you a Dodge Ram, by the way.

Hmm read the OP again.. Or I'll do as it says.. :sly:

And great.. Might have a sign up thread up next week after I do some testing.👍

OP updated to reflect change's in cars and to add a few more rules/idea's.

I made a mistake as the Silverado was a GT4 car, added the SSR as that was the car I intended to put there in the first place.

Also I'm going to start accepting sign up's now so if your interested say and I'll add you.

Please post in this format:

GTP Name: mattymc96 PSN Name: mattymc1996 Car: Chevy, Ford, Toyota, Dodge.

Thank you,
mattymc96

FordMKIVJ5
Time? If it suits I'll run the Ford. But only if it suits. :)

I accidentally cut that out of the OP but it's either 8-10 on Thursday or 9-11 on Saturdays. 👍

Note that's not how long it'll last as it'll be around 1 hour for quali and race split 20-40 or something like that. 👍

TomMcD
I'll be your pace car if you want mate :D

I'd rather have you racing but sure if you want.. 👍

Btw I might make the pace car the diahatsu midget :sly:

I would but I'd be a liability in these things, it's the reason I didn't sign up for Furi's trucks. At the road course on schedule I'd have been well and truly screwed :yuck:

And anyway I've wanted to try being pace car for a while now. Sounds like a good suggestion, I'll think of some other options *goes to mygranturismo.net* :lol:

EDIT: By the way the first Silverado you posted is actually in GT5, it sounded like you thought it was only in GT4 👍

http://www.mygranturismo.net/car_sheet.php?id=131

I seen it on that but when i searched it I could only find GT4 pics.. Anyway I have the SSR and I think the silverado would be too heavy anyway :dopey:

Wanna help spread the word of this seroes? :dopey:

I seen it on that but when i searched it I could only find GT4 pics.. Anyway I have the SSR and I think the silverado would be too heavy anyway :dopey:

Wanna help spread the word of this seroes? :dopey:

Yeah sure, plug away on the IndyCar thread buddy 👍

I actually think the Tank Car would be quite a fitting pace car for this series :sly:

The Dodge Ram is about 3-400KG heavier then the Toyota and Ford, and the SSR isn't really a proper truck, but back in the SST concept and limits of 750(If I remember correctly) BHP and 1500 KG and it should be an even playing field.👍

Yeah sure, plug away on the IndyCar thread buddy 👍

I actually think the Tank Car would be quite a fitting pace car for this series :sly:

Thank's I'll put one in when I'm done my Spread sheet.

And if you want, car choice is yours as long as it stand's out. And after all the Tank Car does.. :nervous: Drove it around Kart Space today :dopey:

I have concluded that this will be a 6 race series with 1 oval race (Daytona or Indy - Depending on the vote) High Speed Ring and 4 other road courses including Laguna Seca and Daytona or Indy Road depending on which oval track we have. 👍 which mean's I only have 2 more tracks to pick :D

Thank's I'll put one in when I'm done my Spread sheet.

And if you want, car choice is yours as long as it stand's out. And after all the Tank Car does.. :nervous: Drove it around Kart Space today :dopey:

I have concluded that this will be a 6 race series with 1 oval race (Daytona or Indy - Depending on the vote) High Speed Ring and 4 other road courses including Laguna Seca and Daytona or Indy Road depending on which oval track we have. 👍 which mean's I only have 2 more tracks to pick :D

Awesome, I'll pick something out. If the races are long enough you could have cautions although maybe not with all the wavearounds and hassle that the IndyCar cautions entail :)

The Dodge Ram is about 3-400KG heavier then the Toyota and Ford, and the SSR isn't really a proper truck, but back in the SST concept and limits of 750(If I remember correctly) BHP and 1500 KG and it should be an even playing field.👍

As I intended, now whenever Tom send's me the Dodge I can set up some specifications for the cars. 👍

Anyone is welcome to help test, and I hope to be able send these cars around if people are short of them.

Awesome, I'll pick something out. If the races are long enough you could have cautions although maybe not with all the wavearounds and hassle that the IndyCar cautions entail :)

Damage will be off for this series, but cautions will come into play with simple effects.

When 2 or more "Little Triangle's" (As Brett would say) go off track the race will be put under a full course caution and will be restarted 1st time over the line as soon as all the cars have caught the tail of it.

And well that's that then, also pit's will be completely closed under caution so nobody get's a soft pit stop. 👍

Are we allowed get our teammates to crash out on purpose soon after pitting to close the gap up and get an easy lead?

:sly:

As I intended, now whenever Tom send's me the Dodge I can set up some specifications for the cars. 👍

Anyone is welcome to help test, and I hope to be able send these cars around if people are short of them.

Damage will be off for this series, but cautions will come into play with simple effects.

When 2 or more "Little Triangle's" (As Brett would say) go off track the race will be put under a full course caution and will be restarted 1st time over the line as soon as all the cars have caught the tail of it.

And well that's that then, also pit's will be completely closed under caution so nobody get's a soft pit stop. 👍

Sounds great, so one caution lap. Better to keep things simple sometimes 👍

One to two, depending on what happens where.

And if anyone pits under caution they get DQ'd. 👍

I accidentally cut that out of the OP but it's either 8-10 on Thursday or 9-11 on Saturdays. 👍

Note that's not how long it'll last as it'll be around 1 hour for quali and race split 20-40 or something like that. 👍

Ah, Sorry that's too late for me. :(

I can tell you with certainty that the Ram and SSR will not be competitive at all, no matter how you restrict the entries. The Silverado SST and Lightning can only compete with the Tacoma if you put a ton of ballast on the Tacoma. On a proper circuit, the Tacoma is the clear favorite to dominate. You'll want to rigorously test your power limit and minimum weight to ensure competitive balance before the first race of the season.

Back