Toyota FT1 Vision Gran Turismo - September. Teaser Movie Released.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 308 comments
In game pic (first car)
ibsLLkKiVGNeYj.jpg

another blacked out interior

Kinda hard to see when the read wing is blocking/obscuring the window.

Besides, I've seen plenty of cars with interiors have that sort of light reflecting off the rear windshield. Need a more upclose look before we call "no interior" on it.

Didn't realize this until just now but the last four VGT cars we got were FWD. What do you think this car will be, FR like the road-going counterpart or FWD?

Didn't realize this until just now but the last four VGT cars we got were FWD. What do you think this car will be, FR like the road-going counterpart or FWD?
FWD? Do you mean Four Wheel Drive?

image.png

Posted by TurismoBad on the other topic... who said the exact same thing about the 'blacked-out' interior (modeled on CAD like the other VGS cars, and blacked-out on the game)

Looks like it's gonna have a KERS system or something judging by the fuel gauge

Could be that th petrol engine drives the rear wheels and the electric engine the front wheels.

I think it's quite impressive how the toyota's out run the Nissan in that video.
The Nissan is already a pretty fast car.
I think I realygoing to like this car :D

The Aerocatch hood pins on the car are installed incorrectly backwards. Aerocatch installation instructions specifically tell you not to install them the way the FT-1 Vision GT has it.

The Aerocatch hood pins on the car are installed incorrectly backwards. Aerocatch installation instructions specifically tell you not to install them the way the FT-1 Vision GT has it.

If the Z4 and R8 are anything to go by, they don't actually seem incorrect.

capture_20140918_010719-jpg.226284

capture_20140918_010844-jpg.226283

Attachments

• capture_20140918_010844.jpg
    capture_20140918_010844.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 64
  • capture_20140918_010719.jpg
    capture_20140918_010719.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 64
I guess PD really hates "premium" VGT cars..... (don't take it too seriously, it's just a joke)

Anyways, does anyone have an "interior" shot of the FT-1 VGT? I wonder if it had a modeled interior that can only seen in photo mode. (just like the Nissan VGT)

If the Z4 and R8 are anything to go by, they don't actually seem incorrect.

capture_20140918_010719-jpg.226284

capture_20140918_010844-jpg.226283

400540d1282610131-safe-use-shine-feed-replica-hood-w-o-pins-aerocatch-install-jpg

Real race cars might have their reasons for doing so even though Aerocatch advises against it, maybe due to space or packaging. But the FT-1 Vision is a fake car, so I don't see a reason to do it wrong on purpose unless the people who designed the car were not familiar with the Aerocatch product in the first place and just copied it from something else.

Last edited:
Real race cars might have their reasons for doing so even though Aerocatch advises against it, maybe due to space or packaging. But the FT-1 Vision is a fake car, so I don't see a reason to do it wrong on purpose unless the people who designed the car were not familiar with the Aerocatch product in the first place and just copied it from something else.

So its automatically wrong for it to have them on the exact same way some real race cars specifically because its a fantasy car? They tried to make it believable and looking at the real race cars that actually have them installed in the same position, why should it automatically have installed in the correct position?

I don't even understand why its a big deal. Hell, Toyota even fields a car that has its pins also installed not in the "Correct" way.

So its automatically wrong for it to have them on the exact same way some real race cars specifically because its a fantasy car? They tried to make it believable and looking at the real race cars that actually have them installed in the same position, why should it automatically have installed in the correct position?

I don't even understand why its a big deal. Hell, Toyota even fields a car that has its pins also installed not in the "Correct" way.

If it's completely opposite to what the instructions from the manufacturer state, then yes, I would say it's wrong. Just because a lot of people do something wrong doesn't make it any more correct.

It's not a big deal. It's just something I noticed. It doesn't matter at all performance-wise. It's probably just a safety concern in case it accidentally pops open and they don't want it catching the wind if the car is moving.

If it's completely opposite to what the instructions from the manufacturer state, then yes, I would say it's wrong. Just because a lot of people do something wrong doesn't make it any more correct.

Not at all was I saying that, my point was the real cars I showed you (as well as the ones the other guy showed you) had them on in a way other then suggested so I didn't see how they were placed on this car was somehow anymore "wrong". Looks fine to me on the real cars so it doesn't seem out of place on this.

Not at all was I saying that, my point was the real cars I showed you (as well as the ones the other guy showed you) had them on in a way other then suggested so I didn't see how they were placed on this car was somehow anymore "wrong". Looks fine to me on the real cars so it doesn't seem out of place on this.

I never said the FT-1 had it more wrong. I just didn't understand why they didn't just draw it on with the correct orientation if it doesn't make any difference to them in terms of practicality.

Probably not the best place to ask, but what do the arrows mean for the electricity? Red means using electricity and green means it's charging it back up from braking? Also, I'm not sure where the "hybrid" aspect of this comes into place. Does the electric motor run at the same time with the internal combustion engine?

Thanks.

Probably not the best place to ask, but what do the arrows mean for the electricity? Red means using electricity and green means it's charging it back up from braking? Also, I'm not sure where the "hybrid" aspect of this comes into place. Does the electric motor run at the same time with the internal combustion engine?

Thanks.
You are correct. Red arrow means using hybrid while green is harvesting of that power.

Yes, the hybrid system and the ICE work simultaneously.

Back