Toyota TS030 now in GT6

• Thread starter KinLM
  • 343 comments
How much faster is it compared to the R18? Because in reality the TS030 is a bit faster (but not as reliable). I can't make accurate statements because I can't afford to buy it yet, only drove it in the seasonal.

In terms of times, I don't know. In terms of driveability, it's a million miles better. I'll put it to you this way: I tried to clear most IA and S events with the R18 and failed misserably because the car is awful to drive whereas I cleared them in the first attempt with the TS030. You can push the TS030 with total confidence. It tends towards understeer but it can be cured with a bootful of power, and the aero will take care of taking you where you want to go. The Hybrid system at corner exit is a huge advantage as well.

This is the 2012 version of this car and that year it was out qualified by some two seconds by both versions of the R15TDI. So it's faster in game but in real life that was not the case.

I think there's a pretty good chance the Audi makes a lot more power than the 540hp+ that was claimed. Either that or the massive shove from all that diesel torque just isn't modeled correctly in GT6 perhaps.

I think PD made a hash, not only of the R10/R18s engine because of the way they deliver power, but with the entire cars as well. I suppose the R18 and the TS030 should have similar behaviour in the twisties, but in GT6 the difference is unbelievable. Maybe the TS030 has a new aero model? Maybe the real-life R18 depends on an advance traction control system to manage that HUUUUGE torque and make the car more driveable...yet you can't replicate that on GT6? Dunno.

I drove it on the Le Mans time trial. It was disappointing.
Quite understeery, but at least it was just about manageable. What wasn't was its sheer ineptitude at travelling down the Mulsanne. We're talking weeks to get from one chicane to the next.

By the way

Mind if I put this in my sig? Not in the context of the TS030 obviously. As a general statement for something that one would do the above on.

After you voiced your opinion against something I just said I abnormally loved???

Yeah, sure, be my guest :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:!

R18's, and it was outqualified at Le Mans by a second but was quicker pretty much everywhere else. The R18 wouldn't have had much more power than they claimed, it was with the new regulations and was quite a bit slower than the 2010 cars. If we wanted to compare the Audi properly we need the 2012 version with the hybrid system.

Didn't the R18 Hybrid & the R18 Ultra qualify at 3:23 and 3:24 respectively? I think that's close enough for direct comparison, it seems it took some development time before the Hybrid got much quicker than the Ultra.

The Toyota was not a couple seconds slower like I originally said, that was only in the first qualifying session it was almost as fast as both types of Audi after that, almost a second down on them in qualifying. Can't seem to find any race lap times to confirm about the Toyota being faster than them after that. Anyway, my point is the Audi in game should be a damn sight faster, and certainly almost as fast as the Toyota. At first I thought it wasn't a big difference between them, but the more I lap the TS030 the faster and faster I get, where as it doesn't take much practice before you hit the limit for the Audi and it's about 4 seconds a lap slower I find. That's ridiculous.

Didn't the R18 Hybrid & the R18 Ultra qualify at 3:23 and 3:24 respectively? I think that's close enough for direct comparison, it seems it took some development time before the Hybrid got much quicker than the Ultra.

The Toyota was not a couple seconds slower like I originally said, that was only in the first qualifying session it was almost as fast as both types of Audi after that, almost a second down on them in qualifying. Can't seem to find any race lap times to confirm about the Toyota being faster than them after that. Anyway, my point is the Audi in game should be a damn sight faster, and certainly almost as fast as the Toyota. At first I thought it wasn't a big difference between them, but the more I lap the TS030 the faster and faster I get, where as it doesn't take much practice before you hit the limit for the Audi and it's about 4 seconds a lap slower I find. That's ridiculous.

Thing is though, that's not the same R18. It doesn't have the Hybrid power of the E-Tron Quattro or the refined engine and lightness of the Ultra, both of which were far faster in lap times at Spa and Le Mans. I believe just in testing alone, they blitzed the lap times the 2011 R18 set during the race at Sebring.

What are the real life weight and power (hp) of the TS030 that ran in le mans? So ican run this car as realistic as possible.

Also transmission, and downforce please :)

Thank you in advance always helpfull :gtpflag:

Last edited:

Have a look on here for the times, set it to 2012 and Le Mans and you'll get everything including the maximum speeds reached. Combined session times put them around a second behind with the 8 car - we have the 7, but they're the same spec wise. The Audi in GT6 doesn't have the hybrid system, so it was a bit slower, think they were running high 3:25's. I've not tried the R18 ingame on racing soft tyres to compare it to the Toyota (which can match/beat real times) but it's probably the case that it's just slower than it should be.

@ Unwaratrex

The spec ingame is correct. The hybrid system doesn't show up in the quoted power figures but it does work, although there are some issues with it.

When driving how does the hybrid system become felt. How do i see that it works? If that makes semce. Someone talked about a corner.

Over 120 kph you get a boost. Mostly felt in 3rd or 2nd gear, depending on setup.
Not sure this is true. Perhaps it uses up the energy faster above 120 kph but it definitely engages below that speed. Has anyone done any definite tests for this?

Not sure this is true. Perhaps it uses up the energy faster above 120 kph but it definitely engages below that speed. Has anyone done any definite tests for this?

I never seem to get hybrid power in 1st gear. Mostly at the very top end of 2nd and all of 3rd.

This is the 2012 version of this car and that year it was out qualified by some two seconds by both versions of the R18TDI. So it's faster in game but in real life that was not the case.

I think there's a pretty good chance the Audi makes a lot more power than the 540hp+ that was claimed. Either that or the massive shove from all that diesel torque just isn't modeled correctly in GT6 perhaps.

This is NOT the Le Mans car. It's the post Le Mans high downforce car and it was faster than the Audi pretty much everywhere. Plus there is no '12 Audi R18 in the game.

The only thing which bothers me about PD is they never have the right gearing setup.
They always run with thatmile-long setup.

No single race car would, during shifting, drop the RPM of over 1500!
Most of the race cars stay withing 1000 rpm whenshifting, or even less.

Listen.

The RPMs are dropping not more then 1000 rpm.

The only thing which bothers me about PD is they never have the right gearing setup.
They always run with thatmile-long setup.

No single race car would, during shifting, drop the RPM of over 1500!
Most of the race cars stay withing 1000 rpm whenshifting, or even less.

Listen.

The RPMs are dropping not more then 1000 rpm.

The problem with GT is that you have limits to the range of each gear so you cant set them close. It's always annoyed me with the F1 cars that they have.

Finally bought the TS030 and it's alright but it not that great, it drives kinda weird or maybe it's just me. Either way it looks decent and it was kinda worth the credits.

image.jpg

You could say I've been using this car quite a bit, considering we've only had it for a few days.

What are the real life weight and power (hp) of the TS030 that ran in le mans? So ican run this car as realistic as possible.

The 3.4L V8 figures in the game reflects the IRL version, the electric part of it adds 300 HP. So on a full charge, you get a burst of 830 HP.

Can't say anything about the gearing setup, but the downforce levels for Le Mans is of course as low as possible. The car modeled was a later car, so it has the extended rear wing that I don't remember ever seeing.

Wow I just realized whilst I was watching a replay that the three class position indicating lights on the side of the car work. Three lights for third, two for second and one for first.

Neat little detail there. Loving this car so much right now. It's gorgeous to watch in race replay.

Wow I just realized whilst I was watching a replay that the three class position indicating lights on the side of the car work. Three lights for third, two for second and one for first.

Neat little detail there. Loving this car so much right now. It's gorgeous to watch in race replay.
The class position lights have been on the Audi R18 TDI all along too. You are right about the Toyota TS030-HYBRID though... It is fantastic!

It is a pity that the livery is pretty poor but this car is the reason I have not put on my PS4 in 3 days.

This is NOT the Le Mans car. It's the post Le Mans high downforce car and it was faster than the Audi pretty much everywhere. Plus there is no '12 Audi R18 in the game.

Ok but if this is a high downforce car then setting fast times at Sarthe should not necessarily be its strong suit, & at Le Mans it should be no more than about a second quicker than the Audi. Yes the '11 R18TDI is not the same as the '12 Ultra but the lap times between the years were not that much different. The TDI qualified in 2011 with a high 3:25 the Ultra in 2012 with a low 3:24. The TS030 qualified in 2012 with a high 3:24. So around Sarthe the '11 R18 TDI should be no more than a second off the Toyotas pace but instead it's much slower.

Everyone knows that PD tends to favour Japanese cars so it shouldn't really be so surprising but it's a real shame we can't have evenly matched Audi vs Toyota vs Peugeot match ups, the Audi will just get smashed by the other two in game every time.

They can't be evenly matched without tuning on our part.

They are not only from different years but each of the Peugeot, Audi and Toyota cars are from different generations of LMP1 rules.

That, to me, is one of the silly things PD do. They licence a race car and not the other cars it actually competed against.

I suppose they're just trying to give us a good variation of cars from across different years of competition. I do love the variety but hate how some cars are modeled better or faster than others without that necessarily being realistic.

After a bit more grinding away I bought my first Group C car in GT6 today, the Jag XJR-9. Man it's good, a real straight line rocket ship. Feels a lot better than it did in GT5. I would love to be able to get a group of people together online (of similar abilities to my own) to race all these Le Mans prototypes against each other, it'd be a blast. :)

Finally bought the TS030 and it's alright but it not that great, it drives kinda weird or maybe it's just me. Either way it looks decent and it was kinda worth the credits.

Give my tune a try:

TYRES: Racing Soft
RH 55/60
SR 16.85/17.85
COMP 5/5
EXT 5/5
ARB 4/4
CAMBER 1.8/1.4 (can go a bit lower, no real laptime difference though)
TOE -0.05/0.05
LSD 15/10/15
BB 8/5 (6/4 for racing hard) (2/0 if you want to always fully charge the hybrid system)
GEAR 193MPH
DF 600/700

It wont understeer ;)

As for the cars from different years, yes it's annoying but there isn't a whole lot PD can do. If someone was running a league they could just performance balance the cars with the power limiter or weight and if you're against the AI then even the slowest prototype is still quick enough.

Its because its realistic. People spend too much time driving old lmp cars at 430 km/h + on le mans with no chicanes.

If you want to drive a recent lmp car the ts030 is definatly the way to go in gt6. The thing feels amazing. Pretty much carries me through the apex.

Its because its realistic. People spend too much time driving old lmp cars at 430 km/h + on le mans with no chicanes.

If you want to drive a recent lmp car the ts030 is definatly the way to go in gt6. The thing feels amazing. Pretty much carries me through the apex.

Love the TS030 but don't knock the oldies!

Skip to 3:50 for some high speed Mulsanne action with great sounds of the Sauber Mercedes C9, Jaguar XKR-9, Mazda 767b(?) amongst others.

Because RS tires.

The balance is pretty much the same on all 3 compounds. The RH tyres don't have enough grip to do realistic times, you need mediums for race times and softs for qualifying times. Best you can do with GT's tyres anyway, they don't have the proper P1 compounds that last for a long time but provide a lot of grip. They rarely use anything above a medium compound too, especially at Le Mans.

Back