Trans tasman super sprint series

• Thread starter nochance09
  • 471 comments
Australia
qld
no_chance09
Trans Tasman Super Series.

welcome to the trans Tasman super sprint series. this is a race series designed to test your speed, race craft and strategy in 8 rounds of racing. all cars are no tune so every driver has the same opportunity to win. please be aware that all drivers are to conduct themselves in a friendly and sporting manor at all times and the rules and regulations are strictly enforced. to join the series please leave your ps3 name, colour and car number and hope you all enjoy the series.

Car
corvette zr1 09 race modified 473hp
buy the car in the Chevy dealership. got to gt auto and rm it, paint it, put on your race number and that's it. not tuning allowed. the only adjustment you can make to your car is the brake bias. all cars will be limited to 473hp. weekend round winners will be limited to 463hp

Tracks

round 1 Madrid 2 x 25 laps

round 2 grand valley east 2 x 25 laps

round 3 Tokyo r246 2 x 20 laps

round 4 Rome 2 x 25 laps

round 5 Laguna sea 2 x 20 laps

round 6 road coarse Indy 2 x 20 laps

round 7 nurb gpd 2 x 20 laps

round 8 generated track on the day 3 sectors
diffucluty of 6 2 x 20 laps

you will score full points in each of the 16 races. bonus points for pole and fastest lap in each race. each driver also has a joker they can play which will double their points for 1 race. they must nominate which race they wish to use it in before the race starts.

Qualify
qualifying is via a one lap shootout on medium race tyres. drivers are to wait in pits till instructed to leave. they will then do 1 lap to warm tyres and then 1 flying timed lap.after lap is complete they are then to leave track and watch. entering the track will mean your time will be lost and you will have to start from rear of field.

Race format and tyres
race 1 is we line up how we qualified. race 2 is reverse grid order of finishing positions in race 1. each driver is to start each race on medium race tyres and must do a mandatory pit stop at least once. each driver also has 1 set of soft tyres which they can use 1 of the 2 races but not both. there is to be no mixing of tyre sets. breaching this rule will result in no points for that round.

Room settings
host nochance 09
stewards emuegg11 flukyluke99

tyre wear and fuel set to fast
grip reduction real
slip stream strong
damage none
penalties off
abs on
traction control on for controller users only
all other aids off

2 44
3 42
4 40
5 38
6 36
7 34
8 32
9 30
10 28
11 26

pole 2 points
fastest lap 2 points

Penalties
all drivers are to abide by the online racing rules outline on the gtplanet site. any driver found to caused and incident and did not address it on track will be awarded last place. any driver who wins a race weekend outright will loose 10hp from their car. this will only be applied once, not every time you win. if some drivers a still having trouble to keep up they may be given extra hp and the hosts discression. two wheels inside the white racing line at all times. no shortcuts.

All qualifing and races will start at 2pm est on sunday afternoon

good luck and see you there

Drivers list
nochance09 rio yellow chrome wheels, #55
emuegg11 red, white wheels, #11
flukyluke99 blue, white wheels #99
rager73 burgundy yellow wheels #73
autech pink #71
swimorswim gold, pink wheels #8
fewzo green, pink wheels #88
clint sunshine yellow black wheels #29
frutti purple
Vh black

Points table
clint 322*
chance 294*
luke 234
autech 230
rx 216*
fewzo 214
emu 212
rager 208
vh 82
frutti 60
shamrock 66
swim 52
*denotes joker has been used

Last edited:
Points table

Attachments

• Points Table final List2.pdf
    22.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Hey guys, sounds great, i want in on this one!

Race Colour (Gold chrome)

Wheels (Pink)

Number (8)

Thanks.

Congratulations on the new house auts. Hope move goes well. Hope you get Internet up and running soon as. See if you can get a faster speed might help you on race day. Lol

this week is round 1 at Madrid. as we all know this is a very tight track so I expect everyone to be on there best behaviour. unless it's the last 2 laps if someone has the speed on you, you are best to let them go and try to follow the draft. again turn 1 at the start of each race is going to be tight so take extra care. don't forget about the wild card option as well as we go along. good luck and see you all Sunday

Set some laps down. Car is very stable but needs a soft right foot. Curbs are great for rotating the car but they will put you off line if you take too much or too little. Means passing will need to take into account that a car that is using the curbs will spit to the outside by a fair distance.

Times were:
H: 1:22
M: 1:19
S: 1:18

Softs don't make a huge difference which will mean some close runs

Set some laps down. Car is very stable but needs a soft right foot. Curbs are great for rotating the car but they will put you off line if you take too much or too little. Means passing will need to take into account that a car that is using the curbs will spit to the outside by a fair distance.

Times were:
H: 1:22
M: 1:19
S: 1:18

Softs don't make a huge difference which will mean some close runs

Tricky track to pass on too, so everyone needs to be extra careful... ;-)

new power setting is 463 hp will explain on Sunday and the traction control is for controller users only to help them compete

Lap3 race 2. Overtook Frutti with the best move I've ever made.

Race 1 seriously shook me up as it was so easy for rx to stay glued to the bumper. He was perfect and it was really starting to make me worry. So start of race 2 I was on a mission. Made passes work that shouldn't have the cut back on fewz lap 3. Out in front was Auts and he was a right bastard. Great lines and good acceleration out of the bends. Once I got in front my tyres were pristine from the slip stream. Booted it and put the softs on.

Couldn't back off cause Mik was coming so with 6 laps and 12 seconds I settled down to save tyres and drop 1.5 a lap.

I'm still excited from the racing. Awesome fellas

Lap3 race 2. Overtook Frutti with the best move I've ever made.

Race 1 seriously shook me up as it was so easy for rx to stay glued to the bumper. He was perfect and it was really starting to make me worry. So start of race 2 I was on a mission. Made passes work that shouldn't have the cut back on fewz lap 3. Out in front was Auts and he was a right bastard. Great lines and good acceleration out of the bends. Once I got in front my tyres were pristine from the slip stream. Booted it and put the softs on.

Couldn't back off cause Mik was coming so with 6 laps and 12 seconds I settled down to save tyres and drop 1.5 a lap.

I'm still excited from the racing. Awesome fellas

Haha, thanks Clint, I try.

I never put any practice in (only got wheel out of its box today) so wasn't expecting much. Was super stoked to qualify 4th in the first race, I knew from the Silvias that I'm quick enough at Madrid compaired to most the crew so was hoping for a good result. Got tapped in the rear a few times in race 1 which cooked my tyres up a bit. After that the mistakes piled up and it went down hill, I was lucky not to be lapped!

Thanks to the reverse grid I started 3rd on the grid in the second race. Managed to find my way past Frutti and Swim pretty early then stuck my head down, unfortunately my cold tyre speed isn't fantastic so didn't capitalise enough on having a clear track. Far too soon Clint was on my rear bumper, he managed to get through the field like a knife through butter! I focused on my speed out of the corner and keeping my line tight, held Clint off for quite a while but eventually the slipstream pass was made. After that VH had me in his sights. I pitted at lap 12, VH stayed out for 2 more before chucking on his softs. Missed my brake marker after the back straight and put it in the wall giving VH a free pass, after that is was a lonely run to the line in 3rd.

Props to our bogan leader and his underlings for all the time and effort that has gone in to getting the new series up and running, loving the format and looking forward to the next races

results madrid

pole clint

race 1
chance
rx
clint
emu
vh
luke
rage
fewzo
autech
swim
frutti

race 2
clint
vh
autech
rx
luke
chance
frutti
emu
fewzo
rage
swim

Lap Times Madrid

race 1
no chance 119.268
rx 119.953
clint 120.347
vh 120.352
rage 120.839
emu 121.091
autech 121.604
luke 121.842
frutti 121.887
fewzo 121.924
swim 122.932

race 2
clint 118.987
vh 119.129
autech 119.461
emu 119.661
fewzo 119.859
luke 120.554
rx 120.554
frutti 120.694
chance 120.725
swim 121.511
rage 121.625

Last edited:
what a great race. from all reports very few incidents so given the track well done by all. mr rx played his joker in race 1 and doubled up a second place. brilliant battle for pole with the top 3 all within .114 but well done to clint. i was able to hang onto the draft in race 1 and pitted early for softs and got a jump in the pitstops. was able to start pulling away but mad a few mistakes but was able to hold on. race 2 tried to pick my way through as carefully as i could. had a bump with mr fewzo duez to lag then a battle with frutti and fun with luke at the end. had a blast

a few of you would like to do the full grand valley rather then the short course so I propose we do 2 17lap races on the full track which is the same distance. are we all happy with that

Back