TRANSMISSION CALCULATOR!

• Thread starter tkc_cz
  • 49 comments
Czech Republic
Czech Republic
takechiCZ
Hi, ive remade my calculator. Its really basic, but it does its job well (at least better then my previous calc:D). Special thx to Acan, and jtqmopar for calculations! If you got any ideas how to improve it, dont hesitate to share them. PS: You need java to run it. Download links below.

You can see what exactly it does at jtqmopar's thread here ->
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ing-made-easy-the-basics.294738/#post-9115708

image.jpg

DOWNLOAD JAVA:
http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/b0c273ipftpdbz5/TransmissionTuner1_4beta.jar

Last edited:
TORJAN ALERT TORJAN ALERT
I downloaded the program again and I got a torjan alert!! Why?! I'm taking this program to school with me after the holidays and I'm going to find the line of code that has the virus in it.

thats false alert coz the .jar file aint signed...take you program to school, do whatever...i aint made like 4 versions of it coz i wanted to spread viruses...cmon now...

TORJAN ALERT TORJAN ALERT
I downloaded the program again and I got a torjan alert!! Why?! I'm taking this program to school with me after the holidays and I'm going to find the line of code that has the virus in it.

Hi @Zuel, it works fine on me, im working on the program with him, so there is no virus what so ever. i do have the alerts, but i just ignored it.

I did ignore it twice but my secondary program locked up the program and will not allow me access to it. If its safe the virus programs should allow it without clicking ignore correct?

I uploaded the same program on a older system with and older program and I still got a alert @tkc_cz. If the program is safe the alert shouldn't come up and who ever downloads it should have to press IGNORE to allow the program to run. I'm just saying, if you two are going to make program for the community you BOTH should make sure that the program doesn't cause any alerts if you wish to be trusted by the masses rather than a small few.

Last edited:
thats false alert coz the .jar file aint signed...take you program to school, do whatever...i aint made like 4 versions of it coz i wanted to spread viruses...cmon now...
Text speak and multiple threads about the same? Seriously?

Text speak and multiple threads about the same? Seriously?
Thing is this...ive dedicated my time to creating program for you, changed it like 3 times, and all i get is false accusations...signing it now, gonna upload it in a sec

Edit: the reason for creating another thread is to differentiate the two programs...only thing thats SAME about them is the GUI...so...

Thing is this...ive dedicated my time to creating program for you, changed it like 3 times, and all i get is false accusations...signing it now, gonna upload it in a sec
You don't have to create multiple threads, use the "edit" feature.

MUCH BETTER

You don't have to be so rude about it, the thing is they were trying and you going full "red alert the nukes are coming" was asinine. If anything you should have been more courteous about since they're trying to help the community at large, and unlike you there has been a group of threads posted to help people tackle the understanding of the tuning dynamics GT offers. The condescending bold lettering and caps lock really isn't needed

But hey if you want to act like you usually do and scare off people potentially watching that could bring something nice to the forum in the future, by all means do so. @tkc_cz thanks for putting effort into it and trying to make a working calculator for groups to better there cars with and go racing.

@LMSCorvetteGT2 I understand what their trying to do, though if someone is going to help it should be done correctly the first time. Correct? The program shouldn't have thrown UP any type of alerts no matter what.The first version throw up alerts along with the second version until it was signed which should have been the first time. Now on your notion on me being rude on about me keeping my PC safe is pointless.

@LMSCorvetteGT2 I understand what their trying to do, though if someone is going to help it should be done correctly the first time. Correct? The program shouldn't have thrown UP any type of alerts no matter what.The first version throw up alerts along with the second version until it was signed which should have been the first time. Now on your notion on me being rude on about me keeping my PC safe is pointless.

No it's not pointless, you could have gone about it a better way is all, but doing so as if to get them in trouble wasn't necessary. The notion that you have to be rude to keep your PC safe is asinine, especially when you automatically assume that they're trying to purposely harm your computer. I mean if they didn't show an image to the calculator with a link and what not then I could understand. I've programs from my university that I've had to download that have come up with warning on my system and they are perfectly safe to use and I don't go questioning my school. Things happen and they obviously tried and got it fixed in a pretty short time span.

For someone who is on about getting it right the first time the double standard you place on PD is quite hilarious in the instance. Either way, no reason to be condescending or rude is all and if you wish to keep on about this let's do so through PM.

Can someone at least test this calculator and see if it actually achieves peak power during gear shifts. In other words use a car with standard gear settings and then adjust with this tool and see if there is improvement during shifts as well as overall track time.

The calculator works fine though it can be improved greatly. I ran a test on Brands Hatch Indy with the 86 track car ’13 built to 354hp and 249ft-lb torque, entered the numbers that the calculator gave and hit the track. With the transmission numbers the calculator gave me I was able to get a 52.745, then I ran again with a transmission tuned to the track and I got a 50.855. The calculator is taking the transmission out of the engine optimal power band anywhere from 500 rpm to 1500 rpm. I can see this calculator working well for a car that has been overly built and detuned greatly. But for a mildly built street car or a race car that hasn’t had any upgrades for power then detuned I don’t see it working well unless you can come up with another formula that doesn’t evolve the GT5 transmission tuning method. All in all great work though it can be greatly improved.

You don't have to be so rude about it, the thing is they were trying and you going full "red alert the nukes are coming" was asinine. If anything you should have been more courteous about since they're trying to help the community at large, and unlike you there has been a group of threads posted to help people tackle the understanding of the tuning dynamics GT offers. The condescending bold lettering and caps lock really isn't needed

But hey if you want to act like you usually do and scare off people potentially watching that could bring something nice to the forum in the future, by all means do so. @tkc_cz thanks for putting effort into it and trying to make a working calculator for groups to better there cars with and go racing.

You open email attachments from people you don't know, don't you. It's the exact same thing here, if you're getting virus alerts fake or not, you would (should) be concerned, won't you?

Either way, I commend @Zuel did, he alerted the community of an issue he encountered while downloading a mirrored file! Fake or not!

On topic, good app. I'm not much of a transmission tuning so I'll give it a shot.

You open email attachments from people you don't know, don't you. It's the exact same thing here, if you're getting virus alerts fake or not, you would (should) be concerned, won't you?

Actually I don't open up emails from people all the time that I don't know... Also when I downloaded it i didn't have issues.

Either way, I commend @Zuel did, he alerted the community of an issue he encountered while downloading a mirrored file! Fake or not!

On topic, good app. I'm not much of a transmission tuning so I'll give it a shot.

It's fine to alert people but don't do it in a manner that scares them away from ever trying again. It's funny you say it's a good app yet defend the excessive call to arms Zuel pulled and is known for doing. That is the core issue. It's fine to be worried but don't do it with extra large font and all caps, bolded and then accusations as if this user was trying to infect all of us. That's all I'm asking it is great to have people around trying to help the entire community so why not help rather than do what seemed like trying to get a person in trouble that is all.

Pending how you wrote the program you could add an algorithm that would calculate these factors in as well. Length of the track in kilometers, how many turn, short to long straights, does the car carry down force in a single, dual, triple or quad plane, weight of the car ( factoring in better excel out of corners), CC of the engine (each engine doesn't rev the same, you could have large engine with low rev and vice versa) If you can do this the calculator shot be closer, then you can fine tune it from there to match any car.

This is a very good but still average result. Gears can be closer like Zuel says. The program don't explore all the range available.
The initial top speed slider will still define this ratios range and this must be explained to a new GT6 user.
Very good job , it's clear and easy ,but still room to be better staying simple.

Sorry this didn't occur to me until now, you also must factor in the final drive gear. That final drive gear is very important for the drive down the straight with the draft. That is now key with the correct aerodynamic model.

Hi all. Maybe there is not enough of "how to" or "what to do" explanation before using it. As it is only basic calculator as OP says. It differs how the users use it. It may work or may not work to some player. Its a trial and error process.

I help in the calculating the app. And collected ideas from the threads that discussed about transmission setup. Other factors such as weight, horsepower, torque, rpm and suspension settings also influences what the real outcomes from the calculator and that depends on the tuner himself. I will help improve it by collecting information from reviews.

You may consider: (for now at least)
  1. Adjust final gear to max
  2. adjust max speed to the needs of the track
  3. And use the Calculator

Last edited:
So many guys being unappreciative, when someone spent their time to develop something for YOU and asking NOTHING in return... what has the world come to, i ask.

Back