Tt & dt 29

• Thread starter Doodle
  • 354 comments
Just a note on Yinato's Shelby Setup..I had a little bit of problem when lifting off the brake, a bit of snap oversteer, I fixed it by reducing the brake balance from 7-6 to 5-4. That cured my problem, so if anyone else experiences that, try 5-4.

there is action here tonight!
photo-8.jpg

I'm definatly trying ugabugaz 5-4 settings.

samurai_405 is absolutely flying on Suzuka. He's 4 tenths faster than EBK2. Very impressive for a controller. 1:56.716 puts him in a league of his own.

EDIT: I'm avoiding a double post here.
I just improved 6 tenths on my Suzuka time and I'm now at a 1:58.933 and 36th overall. I've found out after watching samurai's replay, he always does 1 lap. I tried that and it worked really well. It seems as if the 2J is better on colder tires because it can slide around a little more to help corner entry.

Last edited:
To do a 56.7xx is something special and especially with a controller! He's clearly got a lush set up on that thing! Just wish I was as quick with a wheel! :crazy:

I'm down to 1:59.080 now, currently at 41st. I knew I had time to gain on the track but not that much, I've improved by 8 tenths today and, I know there's at least 2 more tenths out there in the first sector.

TwistedMetal
To do a 56.7xx is something special and especially with a controller! He's clearly got a lush set up on that thing! Just wish I was as quick with a wheel! :crazy:

I know, it's kinda depressing how fast that time is..

@Saidur_ali

How can I get Ramon's tune. I looked in this thread and couldn't find him. Did I just miss it? Anyway, stability is my issue, well, that and the grass on the sides of the track keep scooting out in front of me. And the corners move every time I get one memorized and someone keeps putting oil on the track, making me spinout coming out of turns. It couldn't be my lack of driving skills.haha

I am sitting at 202nd at the moment but I know with a little better setup I can squeeze a little more time out of it. And I am happy to share mine if anyone wants it. Someone could probably do better with my tune than I can. I'll put it on after while. And Thanks all for the tunes. And I just started using AS the other day because I saw a bunch of the leaders in the world using it. I guarantee if they had that available in F1 cars, the drivers would use it, because they could.

@Saidur_ali

How can I get Ramon's tune. I looked in this thread and couldn't find him. Did I just miss it? Anyway, stability is my issue, well, that and the grass on the sides of the track keep scooting out in front of me. And the corners move every time I get one memorized and someone keeps putting oil on the track, making me spinout coming out of turns. It couldn't be my lack of driving skills.haha

I am sitting at 202nd at the moment but I know with a little better setup I can squeeze a little more time out of it. And I am happy to share mine if anyone wants it. Someone could probably do better with my tune than I can. I'll put it on after while. And Thanks all for the tunes. And I just started using AS the other day because I saw a bunch of the leaders in the world using it. I guarantee if they had that available in F1 cars, the drivers would use it, because they could.

Here you go: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6675637#post6675637

Wow, the Cape Ring a lot of fun to learn. Sector 1 and 2 isn't bad, but I'm losing heaps of time after that point. Finally had 2 hours to spare today, and inched my time down to 2:51.3(something); 173rd for now. Would call it a day but I know there is still some time to be had, far too addictive 👍

The set-up is a disaster, I'm a right tool at tuning, I saw a number of set-ups for Cameo and series one car, but is there anyone who could offer advise about setting up the Ford GT? :) Turning in is ok, but I'm losing straight line speed :dunce:

Amazing times everyone. Finally going to have some time to dedicate to this the next few days. Going to make serious run at borh of these. I've got my medicated brownies, (lol) I'm locking all doors, turning off my phone and otherwise blocking out the real world for the next few days, lol. I'll see you all on the other side. Peace.

@ Eclipsi:
Is your setup intended to be an easy tune for a stable car for guys that just want to gold the event? Or you are using it too?
Because if you are,i think you will gain some tenths by making it a bit more aggressive. For example rear toe @-0.05 is too mild i think, i'm running -0.60. Also are your spring rates reverse? I have 15.5 front and 17.5 rear and it seems to be working better than any harder front/softer rear combination.

This tweaks will make the car a bit more difficult to drive, but with the forgiving offline physics they can produce a faster time i think.

As for samurai, who might as well be a real samurai, he has so much experience with the pad, that i think he can actually have an advantage at certain aspects of driving, along of course with the obvious disadvantages of not using a wheel. I'm not surprised to see him at the top so far. I'm done for the day, but i will try to beat his time tomorrow, i have a few tricks in the bag.

@ Eclipsi:
Is your setup intended to be an easy tune for a stable car for guys that just want to gold the event? Or you are using it too?
Because if you are,i think you will gain some tenths by making it a bit more aggressive. For example rear toe @-0.05 is too mild i think, i'm running -0.60. Also are your spring rates reverse? I have 15.5 front and 17.5 rear and it seems to be working better than any harder front/softer rear combination.

This tweaks will make the car a bit more difficult to drive, but with the forgiving offline physics they can produce a faster time i think.

As for samurai, who might as well be a real samurai, he has so much experience with the pad, that i think he can actually have an advantage at certain aspects of driving, along of course with the obvious disadvantages of not using a wheel. I'm not surprised to see him at the top so far. I'm done for the day, but i will try to beat his time tomorrow, i have a few tricks in the bag.

As I was reading your post, I was just saying to myself..That's what I was thinking too - The way you described your 2J setup is pretty much the way I have mine setup, except for the enormous amount of rear toe - I'm not that brave, at least not yet lol.

If you want you can give mine a try, it's definitely more playful than eclipsee's take.

I'm currently working on a V3 because after seeing samurai's lap I'm sure I still have a ways to go before I'm done with the tune. Pretty sure there's some damper worker I need to do. Still the V2 (Current) tune is fine in it's current condition. Link below. The only thing I'm trying to do is make the car exit corners with a bit more enthusiasm.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6685985#post6685985

[UPDATE] Sorry, people... I posted something in the wrong thread (this one)! Disregard this post. My most sincere apologies.

Last edited:
I'm old enough to be your father little man. You are the one being immature here. I am merely coming to the guys defense as he doesn't deserve you and your cohorts taking shots at him. You see little man, thats the way us Americans are, if someone is being beaten down for no good reason, we come to their aid. Something I know thats hard for you to understand, being young and immature as you are. I do not wish to carry this on any further with you now knowing the type of person you are. Reply if you want, but I'm off to enjoy something you apparently have a problem understanding....life & reality.

Read this again and tell me these comments are mature.. They come across as very demeaning to me.

And please.. don't take all of us Americans down with you. You are in no way representative.

Sorry for the post in this forum. I just have a pet peeve with people claiming "Americanism" and what it stands for to further their argument. This use makes us Americans look very immature to the rest of the world.

_ _ _ _ _

I will not take a side on the argument between Yinato, Eclipsee, Fak, and SuperSic. They have history together and know what they are talking about. I feel no need to butt in on their discussion.

As for the tunes that Yinato, Eclipsee and SuperSic have shared with all of us.. A big 👍

@ Eclipsi:

Hello im not very good at setting up cars, i've got a 1:58.6 with ds3 and eclipsi's tune. You say that you have a faster setup than eclipsi's, can you post yours please? :)

Hello im not very good at setting up cars, i've got a 1:58.6 with ds3 and eclipsi's tune. You say that you have a faster setup than eclipsi's, can you post yours please? :)

Different drivers will find different setups faster. So my setup might be faster for me but not for you,especially since you use a ds3 and my setup is quite aggressive. With that in mind here it is:

Ride height: +10/-10
Springs: 15.5/17.5
Dampers: 8/7 both
Rolls:7/5
Camber:2.5/1.5
Toe:-0.20/-0.60

Lsd: 12/30/12

Transmission: Eclipsi's.

Ballast: 90kg at +50

Brake balance: 5/10

No aids other than ABS at 1.

Cheers SuperSic, my driving style seems to change depending on the car I use so hopefully I can tame the beast ;)

EDIT: Just went a tenth faster on my 2nd or 3rd clean lap, very good tune it gets around the hairpin at the start of the 2nd sector a lot faster and although it likes to oversteer it seems more predictable than eclipsi's, Thx again.

Last edited:
Ok, that's it for me. A 1:51.1(something) Did a red-time of 1:50.5 (something), yes, I know we've all done it and it don't count:ouch: Weirdly it happened on the landing over the hill!!!!! Very strange :grumpy: Then tried for an hour to match that lap but to no avail, no time to practice any further, lessons to plan for my IB Geography students; I suppose they need to pass their mock exams at the expense of my GT5 hobby.

Until TT30, over and out.

Last edited:
@ Eclipsi:

He did say he was using it and I think with the current times being faster by 20 seconds, the tune is not just meant to Gold the event but to be competitive.

I used your suspension and LSD part of your setup and it has helped me get my current 8th place. The car turns into corners better it seems. Thanks Tony and Ramon for giving your setups 👍.

Amazing how he can drive so precise with a pad on a combo that probably shouldn't suit the DS3 that much. Image of samurai_405 using the pad below.

photo16a.jpg

@ redreevos. Maybe my comments were a bit harsh, but in the beginning, all I was trying to do was come to the guys defense who was being harassed for using active steering. Also, sorry you think I'm bringing you down as an American, not my intent. I know I'm not among the elite here and I guess your right, I have no buisiness posting here and giving my opinion. No hard feelings or ill will. I won't post here again

SuperSic
Different drivers will find different setups faster. So my setup might be faster for me but not for you,especially since you use a ds3 and my setup is quite aggressive.1.

Thanks for the setup, it's pretty forgiving actually and it turns into corners very nicely. Cheers! 👍

SuperSic, I made my setup in order to be as fast as possible, not only for gold purposes, some people think I'm a car settings wizard or something like that, the reality is that I can make some decent car setups but they aren't outstanding, no matter what I say, people won't believe me.

That 2J car setup I posted needs more work but in no way I can be 1 second faster nor I would have set the rear toe to -0.60, thanks for sharing 👍 , I'll give it a try.

I just finished an hour long run. I had one very good lap but it got penalized on the last turn. It happened to be a 1:58.5 :banghead: I hope I can get some more good luck tomorrow.

Hay everyone,

Perhaps this needs a separate thread; however, it's regarding seasonal TTs. Just an observation. Through time, obviously we become better and faster drivers. I would imagine, that for a lot of people GT5 is the first game they have started to take driving simulations seriously.

Therefore, would anyone else agree/disagree that the standards in TTs has significantly improved since last year. To be honest, I found it easier to break into the top 250 half a year ago. Now, it's really hard to find the lap times. I think more people are taking it seriously, and new core group of players are regularly being placed in the top 50. For example; Paradroid from the UK; very consistent and I don't know much about them but the GTPL team are incredibly consistent as well. Indeed, a core group from GT5P stormed races and TTs at the start; but my gut feeling is, the old guard are increasingly being toppled by a new generation of GT5ers!!!!!

Just an observation 👍

I just finished an hour long run. I had one very good lap but it got penalized on the last turn. It happened to be a 1:58.5 :banghead: I hope I can get some more good luck tomorrow.
I messed up so many 57's at 130R before deciding to take it safely which is my current fastest time so don't give up, you will get there 👍.

Hay everyone,

Perhaps this needs a separate thread; however, it's regarding seasonal TTs. Just an observation. Through time, obviously we become better and faster drivers. I would imagine, that for a lot of people GT5 is the first game they have started to take driving simulations seriously.

Therefore, would anyone else agree/disagree that the standards in TTs has significantly improved since last year. To be honest, I found it easier to break into the top 250 half a year ago. Now, it's really hard to find the lap times. I think more people are taking it seriously, and new core group of players are regularly being placed in the top 50. For example; Paradroid from the UK; very consistent and I don't know much about them but the GTPL team are incredibly consistent as well. Indeed, a core group from GT5P stormed races and TTs at the start; but my gut feeling is, the old guard are increasingly being toppled by a new generation of GT5ers!!!!!

Just an observation 👍

When GT4 came out, I used to struggle to get Bronze. However after following F1 more closely, I understood something called braking points, apex and when to power out of corners. Then I made the instant transition from struggling to get Bronze to getting Golds easily lol. I think also due to being a few years older helped. I didn't really play racing games as much a few years back, just really played football games. I got my first wheel in 2010 and since then have been taking driving simulation games more seriously as it allowed me to be more competitive straight away. I only take the fixed car TTs more seriously as I know everyone is using the same car so it all comes down to your skill level.

I think if anything the standards of TTs have gone down or probably stayed about the same. The seasonal TTs are no way as competitive as say GT Academy time trials and if they were I should be struggling to get in the top 250s for just the EU part but I'm currently 8th in the Suzuka time trial worldwide which I know is not really representative of my pace. The top 3-5 is generally where times are competitive. I only take the fixed car TTs more seriously as I know everyone is using the same car so it all comes down to your skill level. These ones are a bit more casual, just do a reasonable amount of laps and hope to do a half-decent lap.

The well known top Gran Turismo players are really still at the top, but there are more players that are becoming closer to their level it seems.

Finally beat the American 500 TT with..... ready?..... the Dodge Neon SRT4!!! WTF?? :irked:

I'd tried every USA car I could think of, and struggled all the while, coming within 1 sec with the Ford GT. I kept watching the UCD for the Shelby Series 1, but decided to try out the STR4 when it popped in, figuring there's no way in hell, and to my shock I was 3 sec quicker than my previous time on the first split, so knew it was going to be possible after a few runs. Sure enough, knocked it out after several attempts with it. And wouldn't you know, a few refreshes of the UCD after that and the Series 1 pops up too. So of course I had to tune it, and give it a run.... sure enough, a few tries and I slightly bettered the SRT4's time. But for me both cars were about neck and neck in terms of control. I'm just surprised the fwd SRT4 could hang in that challenge. It's a lil' monster apparently.

For some reason this American TT was one of the hardest things so far in the whole game...

Just improved another 2 tenths on my Suzuka lap with a 1:58.732. 36th overall

Just improved another 2 tenths on my Suzuka lap with a 1:58.732. 36th overall

Have you tried SuperSic's setup? I've picked up about 4 tenths over the time I set with Eclipsi's setup, it may be that I've improved but it definitely feels quick. I'm using a ds3 aswell btw.

Have you tried SuperSic's setup? I've picked up about 4 tenths over the time I set with Eclipsi's setup, it may be that I've improved but it definitely feels quick. I'm using a ds3 aswell btw.
That's what I'm using now. I think I still have another 6 or 7 tenths left in me because I messed up a lot of turns.

Back