Tuning Garages "Battle"

• Thread starter azidahaka
  • 11 comments
Italy
Italy
karsten_beoulve
I think this has never been tried before.

This idea struck me while i was organizing The Formula 3 one make serie: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fgta-formula3-season-zero.310626/

one of the main concerns to all drivers is whether to allow or not tuning. A decent racer with a good tuned car can easily destroy a far skilled driver, and all people racing want to have a close and exciting serie with cars battling side by side.

This gave me the idea of creating a "in-serie Tuning garage competition".

Let me explain what i mean (i'll try to explain me with my best english in hope it won't ail me.);

each week we race all the Tuning Garages that wants to enter the championship will openly post their setup on the topic. All the serie driver's will be allowed to choose the one that suits them the most and they'll have to openly state it.

After each race points are awarded to Tuning Garages that place a driver using their setup in the first 3 positions, get a pole or fastest lap. Obviously all garages would be allowed to post a new setup per each of the new track each week if they wish so

At the end of the serie we would get standing for tuning Garages.

In my mind this would help the drivers in the serie having close and exciting races and provide to all tuning garages the chance to fine tune their skills against each other in an intersting and fair competition where all garages has the same car to work on.

Eventually a garage might choose to stick to just one Team of their choice and announce it at the beginning of the season, creating a bond between them (i.e. Scuderia Fronzini/Praiano or Perfect Apex racing/High Octane just to give the idea)

What are your thoughts, suggestions, comments? Anyone would be interested?

A decent racer with a good tuned car can easily destroy a far skilled driver, and all people racing want to have a close and exciting series with cars battling side by side.

Eventually a garage might choose to stick to just one Team of their choice

If you got a top tuner working exclusively with one driver, will he not have an advantage? Isn't this just what you don't want?

Maybe have a handicap system, where the highest point scoring drivers can't take tunes from top tuners the following round or something.

But whichever happens, if the drivers are after tuner involvement, I would like to assist.

taking notes :)

@Brutaka why would you want to limit the number of garages? it would be ok for me as long as they would stick season-long but i would like to hear your reasoning.

@MrGrado i have no clue who are the top tuners and how different/more good they are compared to others, this is onw of the reasons i ask around

You can restrict them like they are engine manufacturers. In F1, there are about 4 engine manufacturers, make it kinda like that and give the drivers an option to choose one of the 4 so that no one person can get a competitive edge if there is a garage for every driver.

Example: F3 Season 1 has 4 garages; Billy's, Freds, GoTunes, and FastRunners. Drivers A,B, and E have decided to run with GoTunes for the season............Driver B has decided to switch garages and go to Freds Garage.

For making things more interesting for the tuners battle i had the idea of allowing free choice each week, bit it would work both ways. All will depend by how many garage will join.

Back