Two wheeling in GT6?

• Thread starter NJ72
  • 13 comments
United Kingdom
Cotswolds, UK
doc-shipman
Hey guys,

Completely random thought while having a shower yesterday...

Is it possible to two-wheel a car in GT6? I don't mean like launching around a corner with rock-solid suspension and teetering on the edge of rolling over, I mean like stunt driving as per the vid below:

If the physics are realistic in GT then it should be possible in theory, but wondered if anyone has actually managed it?

Yeah, but is it possible without going around a corner?

I'm thinking like using the trial mountain hill as a small ramp...

When balancing on 2 wheels at slow speed, the driver needs to shift body weight to balance against toppling either way. You cannot do that in game.

I knew I'd get answered from the GTP community.

Surely it should still be do-able without the bodyweight shifting, though?

Trickier perhaps, but doable?

Ironically the closest I've ever come in GT5 was with the Shwimwagen (or however it's spelt). With racing softs and high, hard suspension it went up onto 2 wheels, but I could never maintain it

Much easier to try this while online obviously, due to the restricted angle you're allowed to tilt before coming across invisible forces. I have managed some serious 2 wheel action time even during regular racing thanks to the inability to fully rollover. The problem with doing it online though is that it is totally unrealistic when you are at the game's set rollover limits.

However I don't think offline is particularly realistic at this situation either, as when you get to a certain angle, those really weird lack-of-gravity physics kick in.

Much easier to try this while online obviously, due to the restricted angle you're allowed to tilt before coming across invisible forces. I have managed some serious 2 wheel action time even during regular racing thanks to the inability to fully rollover. The problem with doing it online though is that it is totally unrealistic when you are at the game's set rollover limits.

However I don't think offline is particularly realistic at this situation either, as when you get to a certain angle, those really weird lack-of-gravity physics kick in.
I've noticed this when I was farming the red bull standard races. I was doing barrel roll after barrel roll with no end, it just kept going until I hit a wall.

Needless to say, I lost .-.

From what I know, such attempts are only being made with massively increased tyre pressure, because otherwise the weight of the car deforms the side-walls so much that you would drive on the rims. Such stunts are also done with very low speed, and low speed physics are not exactly the strong point of Gran Turismo.

Back