Ultimate Sleeper?

• Thread starter Swara
  • 212 comments
Master__Shake_
It will actually beat any Supra if tuned correctly. But, if I'm not mistaken, it has a weak launch. And the shift points are critical, so hit the limiter a few times and you get overtaken. I haven't run it at Indy yet so I'll have to try sometime.

Ive ran it a alot of times and im sorry but even a top tuned z2seater wont take a supra tuned above average....may catch up top end but itll still need more than 1/4mile to do so.

They are kinda overrated.

My favourite sleeper is my MR2 GT-s '99. It's as quick as a few classic muscle cars such as the Shelby GT350

Ive ran it a alot of times and im sorry but even a top tuned z2seater wont take a supra tuned above average....may catch up top end but itll still need more than 1/4mile to do so.

They are kinda overrated.

Realy? I would have always figured the 300z to be quicker than the supra. I've not used my 300z online tho so it may launch realy bad when online. But gong by the figures the 300z should beat the supra every time

I got this time with a full thottle launch
e6zshu.jpg

ekqbm.jpg

And here is the fastest supra time I could find which I assume was done using the set RPM launch trick as I dont think any supra can run that time on a full throttle launch.

Here it is:
Dr_slumpsSupra9902sec.jpg

:embarrassed:

Not saying you're wrong as I havnt raced my 300z against any supras or at all online to know what its like, but it's launch isn't too bad at full throttle, initial laucnh is 1.15G's then when I shift to 2nd gear the revs sit just below redline and it spikes to 1.23

Mazdaspeed Atenza or 6, got mine running 10.416 gave a few surprises to a couple of bug eyes Sti's a couple weeks back.

The 1983 300Z/Fairlady, this car scoots.. 578hp, great torque and 1140kg(?).. Not sure what it runs on the 'TEST' though.

Got more but I'm greedy.

Maccer_42
Realy? I would have always figured the 300z to be quicker than the supra. I've not used my 300z online tho so it may launch realy bad when online. But gong by the figures the 300z should beat the supra every time

And here is the fastest supra time I could find which I assume was done using the set RPM launch trick as I dont think any supra can run that time on a full throttle launch.

Not saying you're wrong as I havnt raced my 300z against any supras or at all online to know what its like, but it's launch isn't too bad at full throttle, initial laucnh is 1.15G's then when I shift to 2nd gear the revs sit just below redline and it spikes to 1.23

one thing ive noticed about timrs is that those fast cars dont always beat cars that are a little slower.

numbers are good but I really want to see a z2seater beat a supra in a drag room. Never seen it.

one thing ive noticed about timrs is that those fast cars dont always beat cars that are a little slower.

numbers are good but I really want to see a z2seater beat a supra in a drag room. Never seen it.

I'll see if I can find a room running Supras or SVT/05 Mustangs and take a run at them to see how it stacks up. Usually only cars with harder launches with do better at Indy, and the Supra seems to have an even weaker launch than the 300.

Master__Shake_
I'll see if I can find a room running Supras or SVT/05 Mustangs and take a run at them to see how it stacks up. Usually only cars with harder launches with do better at Indy, and the Supra seems to have an even weaker launch than the 300.

The 300zx's will take down supra's and svt's maybe even the 05 stang I've seen them keep up with rx-7's but it has to be the standard 300zx 89 the rest for some reason dont

KaroSVTR
The 300zx's will take down supra's and svt's maybe even the 05 stang I've seen them keep up with rx-7's but it has to be the standard 300zx 89 the rest for some reason dont

Another Polyphony phony :lol:

I just ran against IWin tonight and it seems to pull on the Supra about 1/2 a car if equal launch. Servers were iffy though, the rest of the time I was getting treed hard by slow cars. Just another day in the less than perfect world of online GT5 I guess.

I just ran against IWin tonight and it seems to pull on the Supra about 1/2 a car if equal launch. Servers were iffy though, the rest of the time I was getting treed hard by slow cars. Just another day in the less than perfect world of online GT5 I guess.

Lol so basically its not as good at Indy as it is at SSRX huh

Maccer_42

What's the rpm launch trick? I'm only getting 1.12 at launch lol

Lol so basically its not as good at Indy as it is at SSRX huh

Well that and my Route X tune was hitting the rev-limiter too, so I have to readjust the ratios so it won't do that. Either way it'll probably stay as one of those underused sleepers since it isnt excessively faster than the others.

Well that and my Route X tune was hitting the rev-limiter too, so I have to readjust the ratios so it won't do that. Either way it'll probably stay as one of those underused sleepers since it isnt excessively faster than the others.

Ahhh I see

Master__Shake_

Iwin was in my true tuners room lastnite. I was trying my best to keep it pro, kiking left and right and keeping a good group of cars out there draging.

Room stayed live for bout 3hrs and some good tuners came around.

This is the only way ill get to drag against good tuners I geuss, make the room myself lol.

Iwin was in my true tuners room lastnite. I was trying my best to keep it pro, kiking left and right and keeping a good group of cars out there draging.

Room stayed live for bout 3hrs and some good tuners came around.

This is the only way ill get to drag against good tuners I geuss, make the room myself lol.

That's the best way to do it. Sometimes the servers won't cooperate, though, so you'll get lag spikes or just overall lag that won't let you get even launches with the rest. Resetting the room doesn't always work either, I remember one night someone said I was lagging & it looked like I was driving a wheelie all the way down the track in my Enzo lol.

Yeah I also reset the room like 12 times. I received good veiws as a good host.

Got about 7 request in my inbox this morning asking to make another pro room later. Lol

I also had the z2seater on test track today and went through 4 different tranny methods. ill see how it fairs against the supras later.

The setup I am using works best for me though.

What works best for you doesn't mean it's technically right. It'll pull up to 1.31G's with a good setup. However I've seen your times so you could be on to something. If you fixed it up that point however your time may become significantly faster.

Just tuned my Audi tt hpa and its running 9.625....are these good numbers?

Sleeper car here.

My 300ZX is a very under used sleeper. my favorite sleeper is the Toyota Cadilina. 512HP and AWD. It is very nice. My mileage is high though, 11,000 miles, :(

EDIT: Toyota Caldina GT-FOUR '02----0:10.623

Last edited:
Dodge Ram Laramie. even tuned right you wont quite win but it gets hilarious reactions when you launch from 2nd and still out pull them off the line and even after they pass you your right there on them.

One of my favourite "mid-powered" sleepers is the Mazdaspeed Atenza '05. Most people think it's a regular FF Mazda 6 or Atenza, and don't realise that it is actually a 500+bhp 4wd car. It's not quite as quick as the Impreza's and Evo's, but it will surprise people when you give them a good run in what appears to be a 300 or so bhp FF car. Awesome sleeper, as the car has a completely unassuming look about it.

Smuttysy
One of my favourite "mid-powered" sleepers is the Mazdaspeed Atenza '05. Most people think it's a regular FF Mazda 6 or Atenza, and don't realise that it is actually a 500+bhp 4wd car. It's not quite as quick as the Impreza's and Evo's, but it will surprise people when you give them a good run in what appears to be a 300 or so bhp FF car. Awesome sleeper, as the car has a completely unassuming look about it.

Now THAT is what you call a sleeper

Back