Un-official GTPlanet BBC Topgear UK ThreadTV 

• Thread starter ExigeEvan
  • 10,125 comments
Apparently, "Windowlicker" by Aphex Twin has been used on several episodes of Top Gear. Does anyone know which episodes in particular?

I have no idea, all though Windowlicker is a fairly popular choice for TV soundtracks, but I do remember "The National Anthem" by Radiohead being used in the test with the red Aston Martin.

On Aphex Twin, I'm sure I've heard them use Alberto Balsalm as well before.

Apparently, "Windowlicker" by Aphex Twin has been used on several episodes of Top Gear. Does anyone know which episodes in particular?

Google "Top Gear songs". Click on the FinalGear forum link. They've listed the complete soundtrack of each episode; there's no database search function (it's all in forum posts) but it's the best bet we have.

At the start of the DBR9 power lap, partway through the MPV review in Episode 7 of Series 8, and the Acid Edit was used in the Winter Olympics Special (that's all I know without having to check the 'What's That Song?' forum).

Last edited:
So it'll have the same number of regular episodes as Series 6 with the addition of a 2 part special? Or will they end up splitting it 7-6 like Series' 19 and 20?

First ever episode of Top Gear China premiered on the 12th and is on YouTube if anyone's interested.

For those who don't understand Chinese:
First half of the show is just Stars in a Reasonably Priced Car, a Ford Focus. They had a bunch of people show up one at a time.(I haven't finished the episode yet as of this post)Then they do one of those challenges with a Ford Fusion and a Tesla Model S.

I love that they've uploaded the first few seasons of Top Gear on YouTube. I prefer it to the recent seasons, that's for sure.

Only 3 and 4 days to go until the episodes are shown, :) I think its gonna be a good'en.

I personally think it'll be something special, but I just know some PC newspaper is going to continue it's tirade of saying Top gear should stop and all that BS.

To which I would say, Merry Christmas and deal with it. :cool:

It'll be interesting to see how they do when things go not just wrong, but full blown pear shaped.

I still can't get over the fact that Scriptchard really did buy a Mustang for a CCC/Special.

He's such a carnie.

He's such a carnie.
I think that's a result of him trying to find a personality to fall into as he gets older, one that is distinct from Clarkson and May, but in line with the series' general principle of grown men acting like children in a variety of supercars.

Another part of it is the series trying to recreate the success of the Zimbabwe special. That worked because it wasn't Top Gear - it was a road trip, and the principal characters happened to be the Top Gear presenters. They managed to recreate it in Boliva, but the Middle East and Burma specials tried too hard and failed dismally.

Another part of it is the series trying to recreate the success of the Zimbabwe special. That worked because it wasn't Top Gear - it was a road trip, and the principal characters happened to be the Top Gear presenters. They managed to recreate it in Boliva, but the Middle East and Burma specials tried too hard and failed dismally.

What they need is to buy cheap cars, drive from points A-B and just show what happened. No scripted "funny" segments.

But three men driving cars and talking isn't funny without penis jokes and obvious set ups. I didn't mind the Burma special as a thing, but it was edited so badly. The narratives they force are just lame.

Last edited:
*Warning* Spoilers!

So I got the Perfect Road Trip 2 yesterday and I watched it last night, overall I think it is better than the first but they kept with the same stupid ending, you may remember last year they were stopped and then banned from filming in France, they then used that for the ending of the first Perfect Road Trip in which they tried to hitchhike a ride to England at Calais, this ending was them being stopped in the Island of Capri just off Italy whilst driving Capris and being thrown in jail, It was good overall but another crap finish....

Three wise men

ScreenShot20141227at.png

Part one will kick off on Saturday 27 December at 8.30pm, with part two showing on Sunday 28 December at 8pm, both on BBC Two and BBC Two HD.

Perfect. Thank you for the info.

Three wise men
I think they're supposed to be gauchos, or Argentine cowboys. But Clarkson and Hammond look like they have just stepped out of a catalogue advertising everything that they, as red-blooded alpha (or in Hammond's case, beta) males would despise.

Back