Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnypenso

Well known double poster
Premium
Canada
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Johnnypenso
3/11/14 - The thread is now open for discussion, but feel free to continue to post undocumented changes as you find them. Please read the list below to see if your change has already been recorded.

Original Post

Every update brings undocumented changes to the game. Please post any undocumented changes you find in the game and I'll update the OP regularly to reflect any changes found. Please also make a concerted effort to verify these changes and not just report unconfirmed rumours. Be as specific and detailed as you can with the information as poorly worded or cryptic posts will probably get passed over.

This IS NOT a discussion thread about the pros and cons of the update. Confine those to the appropriate thread please.

New bugs, glitches, errors etc. should probably be recorded here:GT6 :Glitches and Errors thread (Read first Post)

Undocumented Changes

• Special Color M4 in the BMW dealership (Frozen Black Metallic) EDIT: BMW M4 Coupé Frozen Black Metallic coloured model has been removed with Ninja update.
  • When watching replays of online races, or when watching live online races names can be removed above cars online and off. If you turn off names for spectating, they will remain off while racing. This feature does not carry over from lobby to lobby, it must be reset for each lobby entered.
  • In the Car Settings menu, to the right of Tuning Sheet C, there is a button for a regulations check for your individual car.
  • Tune sheets can be copied to one another but no reset button for settings yet
  • The best score in a drift lobby it shows up in purple in the chat box.
  • In online lobbies, when exiting the room settings menu using the O button, if no changes have been made, then you are taken straight back to the lobby, instead of having to confirm that you want to make no changes etc.
  • Possible further refinement to motion blur, the warped screen edge is reduced.
  • Formula GT's cockpit view has HUD speedometer and rev dials, the one from the 'Normal View'
  • In Race Photo Mode: No changes to your settings of F-number and Exposure when you were in the Camera Menu.
  • Qualifying time minimum now 5 minutes
  • Some standards may have been improved. Possible list HERE
  • Fixed the split time bug when in practice mode online. However now you can only see your best time in the top right hand corner and not that of the entire lobby however the split times are still against the best lap in the room. Also your times get erased completely each time you exit the track and the split times will change to being set against the best lap from those still on the track.
  • Bumper cam style gauges with interior view on simplified interior cars instead of chase cam style gauges
  • Seems that the "possibility of change wheather" (the one with 0-60 values) now effects the humidity of the track instead of changes of the wheather...
    With 80% humidity at start and 0% wheather and possibility of change at 50, the track surface reaches from 80% to 0% in about... 10 seconds...
  • Top speed no longer artificially limited offroad, but TC remains in effect
  • If you hold the "X" button while hovering over an open lobby, it reveals the individual room regulations.
  • Problem with High RPM Turbo on HSV '10 Anniversary Edition documented HERE seems to be fixed
  • In Photomode, entering the Camera Menu no longer resets the EV setting to zero.
  • Changes to Photomode HERE and HERE and HERE
  • If you set car restrictions to be filtered by Make but then just select a country you can leave it at that. Cars can then be chosen from any of that country's makes.
  • Online Automatic race start time is now "about XX:XX" instead of "at XX:XX"
  • When you enter a race, the blue button now says "Sign-Up."
  • Custom soundtracks feature has been fixed. As before it would rarely play my own custom soundtrack and instead play GT6's soundtrack. It now plays mine from when I start playing GT6 (in the menus and on track).
  • Pre-warmed tires in online, more grip as you leave the pits. vs. 1.04
  • Changing exhausts no longer changes gear ratios in transmission.
  • Possible change in weather variability
  • Fixed the paint glitch of the Renault Megane Race Car. The black original parts remains black after the painting.
This is the main part of the update:

Additional Features in the Open Lobby
- [Time Trial], [Drift Trial], and [Free Run] have been added to the [Race Type] option within [Room Settings] of the Event Settings screen.

- It is now possible to also [Filter by Performance] even when [Car Selection Method] is set to [Filter by Make] or [Filter by Category].

- It is now possible to select Karts in one make races held on weather enabled tracks.

- It is now possible to check regulation settings in the confirmation popup dialog before entering a room.

- In the [Race Alone] mode for the Qualifier, cars other than yours (when only spectating, cars other than the one in focus) will appear as lines.

Multi-monitor Compatibility
[Multi-Monitor Settings] has been added to the [Start Button]>[Options]>[Display] options.

Car Search
A [Car Search] feature has been added to the [CARS] section in My Home. You can specify the desired parameters to search for a particular car in the Car Dealerships.

Sale of Racing Gear in Individual Colors
The sale of Racing Gear has been changed from full color sets to individual colors. Some of the pricing for racing gear have changed accordingly.

Kart Adjustments Options Expanded
- [Traction Control] is now available to adjust in the [Driving Options]. [Skid Recovery Force] is also now available.

- [Brake Balance] is now available to adjust in [Machine Settings]. Only the rear can be adjusted in Normal Karts, while both the front and rear can be adjusted in Shifter Karts.

Other Improvements/Adjustments
- An icon that shows the login bonus stage (1-5 days in succession) has been added to the top of the [My Home] screen and the prize receiving dialog.

- The increments of the [Front/Rear Torque Split] in [Car Settings] has been changed from 5 to 1.

Last edited:
There's a 'new' BMW- The M4 Coupe Frozen Black Metallic.
GT6 Description
This is a special edition car painted in a special colour
image.jpg
EDIT: No new helmets after all. Thanks @Squach240 & @eSZee

Last edited:
Just watched a replay and have found out that you can now turn off driver names above cars. Will check to see if this can be done online as well.

Racing leagues now can look good again 👍

In addition to the setup sheet copy feature, when in a race (in offline mode) there is also an option to check the race regulations whilst in the settings menu. The icon is just to the right of the settings sheets tabs.
Will not know about the online version until maintenance is over, of course.

More updates apparently. Just exiting the game to find out what they are... Will update in due course.

Seems as though it could be a false alarm guys, sorry. When I went to go online before I restarted, I was informed that there were updates. On restarting the game, I was given the update notice (not the version 1.05 one, the other one). Seems as though the only thing which has changed so far is the addition of the stated bonus multiplier icon in the top right of the screen.

Last edited:
More updates apparently. Just exiting the game to find out what they are... Will update in due course.
Severs are still down since the maintenance isn't over.

Finally, can now copy one tune sheet to another like GT5! :)
There is now a copy icon to the left of the three tune sheet tabs. 👍
Still seems to be no reset to default settings though. :odd:

UPDATE

So I just bought a cheap car, put tunes on all three sheets with the hope...
...that maybe a reset to default would become available once all sheets were modified.
No dice. :lol: Well at least they gave us back one prior function with the update. :sly:

Offroad is back.

Copy button on setups menu.

Saw this after posting, please excuse repeat.

undocumented changes? I got one. It froze my PS3 when I quit the Kart race series and then hardlocked my PS3 whereby I had to do a HDD rebuild to get it working again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back