Update 1.06 Discussion

• Thread starter Vagabond
  • 433 comments
Mid size class 400 to 465pp, full size class 562 to 600pp.

I've already answered you question.

If you got to take the time to make a mem as they're called or anyone, then you got trouble. LOL OH MY GOSH, starting to hurt. LOL.
Were is the small size class? What about 466pp to 561pp cars do they have no class? OH MY GOSH yes it is starting to hurt.:dunce:

Last edited:
Any one else getting game freezing when in replay photomode? Happened to me twice now... :grumpy:
Yes, it happened to me when exiting photomode.

============

I'm having really good time with GT5 lately. It's good to play GT without wired bugs, slowdowns, freezes etc...I hope to see GT6 perform that well soon. But looking at how "often" and how ineffective PD updates for GT6 are, i assume that we have to wait looong time for major fixes for the game. Spec II probably in next year...if at all.

Since 1.06 I've noticed lock ups and freezes when entering seasonals, exiting seasonals and exiting to the main menu after driving. By signing out of PSN everything started to work normally, but I haven't had to do this since GT5 pre spec 2.0.

Also out of interest is there any technically minded person who could explain why smoke and dust is now pixellated and could it be a negative consequence of 3D support?

Why has "Drift" in the Race Type menu been removed when looking for/setting up a lobby? Now I have a hard time looking for drift lobbies 👎 .

I can no longer see or join friends lobbies and my own lobby/whole game will crash if I walk away for 5mins or so... no idea how to fix it

Why is everyone expecting so much from every update? I like the improved frame rate and the new options as customizable wings. Finally I am able to install a nice spoiler on my Integra and Skyline. It was totally unexpected too, the customizable wing option. :D

Why is everyone expecting so much from every update? I like the improved frame rate and the new options as customizable wings. Finally I am able to install a nice spoiler on my Integra and Skyline. It was totally unexpected too, the customizable wing option. :D
Yeah the framerate improvement makes a huge difference but the texturing has changed for the sake of that. The trees and tire smoke look very different. Less anti aliasing I fink.

@Johnnypenso, there is definitely a sound issue at Mt. Panorama. For me the sound is almost like the speaker is behind a fan. A friend told me that after a short time his sound would just cut out all together, and another friend said his sound cuts in and out.

However, most of the people in my room said they had no problem with the sound there.

This really sucks, because Bathurst replaced Trial Mountain as my favorite track.

I sure hope this bug effects enough people, so that it gets fixed quickly.

I refused to run Big Willow when they surrounded it with quicksand, but it is back on my rotation now.

I won't be running Bathurst until they fix the sound.

In my opinion, it is the greatest track I have ever seen in a racing game. It is hard to believe it is even a real track. Fix it fast PD!!!!!

I only had 1 issue when the sound cuts out for a split second on bathurst. It sounded like someone took out the red audio cable on an old tv.. It only happens rarely once in a few races though.

I have been "playing" GT6 almost every day since it was released. I have the on-demand downloaded version on a first-generation PS3. I replaced the original hard drive with a new one last year. Throughout all the GT6 updates, no problems whatsoever... until v.1.06.

I've tested other games and everything is working fine. I've rebooted the PS3 in recovery mode and rebuilt the file system and the database... but GT6 till freezes.

I'm getting freezes, where the system is totally unresponsive, except to holding the power button down for ten seconds or so...

1. Every two to three times I boot the game, after the WARNING screen. The GT logo appears, the progress dots appear, then stop moving.

2. Every fourth or fifth race, I get a black screen right after pressing the start button to leave the replay, before the credits screen should appear.

3. Every fourth or fifth race, I get a black screen after pressing the exit button. It occurs immediately.

4. Every fourth or fifth race, I get a freeze when the race is loading.

5. Every fourth or fifth race, it freezes right when you press the "sign up" button. The audio of the button press (kind of a dull bell sound) gets cut short and the screen remains up with the pointer over the button. No black screen or progress screen.

Every time there is a freeze, this requires the PS3 to rebuild its' file system.

I'm probably going on chat with Sony tomorrow about this problem. The v1.06 update has totally ruined my copy of GT6.

It's not really about expecting so much, as expecting some of the more interesting things that were promised at release.

Still, at least now they've exhausted all the items on the updates list that are only of interest to tiny minorities, and now we may hope that they give us a major feature that will be of enjoyment to everyone.

@Johnnypenso, there is definitely a sound issue at Mt. Panorama. For me the sound is almost like the speaker is behind a fan. A friend told me that after a short time his sound would just cut out all together, and another friend said his sound cuts in and out.

However, most of the people in my room said they had no problem with the sound there.

This really sucks, because Bathurst replaced Trial Mountain as my favorite track.

I sure hope this bug effects enough people, so that it gets fixed quickly.

I refused to run Big Willow when they surrounded it with quicksand, but it is back on my rotation now.

I won't be running Bathurst until they fix the sound.

In my opinion, it is the greatest track I have ever seen in a racing game. It is hard to believe it is even a real track. Fix it fast PD!!!!!
That's about what I hear too, most people are fine on the track, a few others have that same issue with sound. For me it's so bad lately, if I'm in a room and it goes to Bathurst I just leave because I know it's going to happen. It was intermittent before, now it's every time. Like you said, I love this track as well, but I can only run it solo while testing in my own lobby. The sound is only slightly wonky then.

Yeah because all 120 staff members are needed to work on that, aren't they? No, software/tech wise it'll be a straight up copy/paste of last years demo.

Yeah because every GT Academy event/demo has been the same old thing. Nope, it's got bigger every year and as @eclipsee suggested there's been a new track for every GT Academy qualifcation round. I'm not saying it's an acceptable reason for lack of bug fixes/content, but it's PD.

Yeah because every GT Academy event/demo has been the same old thing. Nope, it's got bigger every year and as @eclipsee suggested there's been a new track for every GT Academy qualifcation round. I'm not saying it's acceptable, but it's PD.

In what sense? They all use the existing game, with existing cars on (mostly) existing tracks in time trials set up in the exact same way as the licence tests. Everything they need to create the events are already in the game.

New track, yes that would take up the time of the 3D modellers. Nobody else.

In what sense? They all use the existing game, with existing cars on (mostly) existing tracks in time trials set up in the exact same way as the licence tests. Everything they need to create the events are already in the game.

New track, yes that would take up the time of the 3D modellers. Nobody else.

Yeah just the number and different type of events has grown. I'm saying they've probably saved the 'February' track for GT Academy. And they've been focusing on implementing this rather than on other updates.

Yeah just the number and different type of events has grown. I'm saying they've probably saved the 'February' track for GT Academy. And they've been focusing on implementing this rather than on other updates.

I don't buy it myself, it's still easy to set up but no point arguing, let's leave it there.

I dont know if it hs been commented yet, its about the smoke and dust pixelating... when racing on tarmac, its kinda acceptable, but in rally... man the dust looks absolutely awful.

This is probably just me,but everytime I turn my Mic on after I'm already in a lobby,it disconnects from the server.Never happened before 1.06 but then again my mic is 3 years old and I paid 16$ for it so ..meh

Latest Posts

Back