Update 1.06 Undocumented Changes Thread (documented changes also listed in OP)

Johnnypenso

Well known double poster
Premium
Canada
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Johnnypenso
Every update brings with it the possibility of undocumented changes to the game. Please post any undocumented changes you find in the game and I'll update the OP regularly to reflect any changes found. Please also make a concerted effort to verify these changes and not just report unconfirmed rumours. Be as specific and detailed as you can with the information including a brief description of the bug before it was fixed (if applicable) and how it was fixed. Poorly worded or cryptic posts will probably get passed over.

This IS NOT a discussion thread about the pros and cons of the update. Confine those to the appropriate thread please.

Here is the new place to discuss Update 1.06 possible changes to the physics

New bugs, glitches, errors etc. should probably be recorded here:
GT6 :Glitches and Errors thread (Read first Post)

Undocumented Changes

• Numerous anecdotal reports about physics being more forgiving, especially with some MR cars.
  • Tires are no longer warm when exiting the pits.
  • New FT-1 Seasonal includes a Toyota and PS sponsored photo contest and the opportunity to have the fastest TT time posted on the official US Playstation Youtube Channel More details HERE
  • If you open a room with tuning prohibited, you can no longer use the engine limiter to reduce your PP even by 1 to fit your car into the regulations. On top of that, if you change the room back to unlimited tuning, the engine limiter function remains disabled. Note: Corrected with a HotFix
  • Translated from the Japanese website and not on the English website - We have added the [GT Academy 2014 ] to [SPECIAL EVENTS] area . It will be available online from April 21, 2014. We are looking forward to your participation. [EDIT: Now removed from website:lol:]
  • lobby types now include:
    -Race for Fun
    -Race for Real
    -Cruising
    -Make Friends
    -Show Off Your Cars
    -Share Tips and Info
    -Café
  • More details on custom wing options
  • Nissan Skyline R34 GT-Rs 99 - 00' now has rear wings near back of car as opposed to near the windshield
  • The video/ audio signal doesn't "blink" when taking photos now. Before the update, when you took a photo and after you saved or exited the photo, the video and audio signals would turn off for a second. Now everything is smooth.
  • The Ferrari F430's Aero Kit which did not previously show any visual changes now works as it should.
  • When installing a wing on a Midget, a second set of wing brackets used to appear in the bed instead of on the roof (where the actual wing is fitted). The second set of brackets on the bed now no longer appear.
  • In the "Filter by Performance" area in Open Lobbies, hosts are now able to adjust PP, Weight and HP in increments of 1. NOTE: This is the change noted in the Documented Changes below, which is worded incorrectly: - Adjustments to the Open Lobby - The minimum value for [Max Power Limit] and [Minimum Weight] has been changed from 10 to 1.
  • In photo travel, when shooting a photo, the ambient sound now gracefully fades in and out instead of cutting in and out abruptly.
  • Smoke and water spray are more pixellated after the update.
  • 3D settings now available at the bottom of the Quick Options Menu. Link to a 3D Review by @Kavey
  • Appears as if the alpha particle effects are lower-res now in-game, you can see jaggies around the car again. But it doesn't affect photomode and may contribute to a better framerate as several people have reported.
  • Fixed a bug in the practice "sector time" display. Sector time are no longer compared to previous race/practice - only after a new "Overall time" is displayed the sector times are compared, so the "99-99:99:99" no longer appears in practice.
  • Fixed a bug where the time of day switched back to a certain standard value once you entered lobby settings online.
  • In multi-monitor mode, no smoke (or skid marks) at all appears in the side monitors (though this was present in 1.05).
Documented Changes
HotFix (Post 1.06)
- An issue wherein the value of the [Power Limiter] in the "Car Settings" cannot be modified when the [Vehicle Tuning] option within the [Event Settings] screen of the Open Lobby is set to [Prohibited].
Data Logger now available
[Data Logger] has been added to the [TOOLS] section in "My Home". The Data Logger analyzes the driving data stored on a Replay file and displays it in a graph, allowing users to view and compare variations in vehicle speed, acceleration points, braking points, engine rpm values and gear positions.

GPS Visualizer function introduced
[GPS Visualizer] has been added to the [TOOLS] section in "My Home". By driving a car equipped with the "Sports Drive Logger" (sold by Toyota) on a real-life circuit, the recorded GPS data can be transferred to “Gran Turismo 6” via a compatible USB storage media, and then subsequently converted into Replay file in the game. It's be possible to compare and analyze these GPS data using the [Data Logger] feature. This feature is currently available with Fuji Speedway, Tsukuba Circuit and Suzuka Circuit, with more tracks to be added later on.

Custom Rear Wing option implemented
[Custom Rear Wing] has been added to the [External Parts] menu, accessible from the [Custom Parts] options within the [Tuning & Maintenance] section in "My Home". You can choose a combination of wing mounts, wing style and side winglets. Users can also adjust the height and width of the wing to their liking. (*Please note this feature isn't compatible with certain cars.)

3DTV compatibility now added
A [3DTV] option has been added to the [Display] category within the [Options] screen in the [MENU] (accessible by pressing the START button). A 3D compatible TV is required for this feature. Link to a 3D Review by @Kavey

Adjustments to the Open Lobby
- From the Member List, it is now possible to see the Performance Points, maximum output and weight of the cars that have joined the room.
- An "Overall Best" time is now displayed on screen while in Practice, Qualifying, Time Trial and Drift Trial.
- The minimum value for [Max Power Limit] and [Minimum Weight] has been changed from 10 to 1. Note: This is worded incorrectly. What it actually means is that the incremental adjustments for PP, Weight and HP are now in units of 1. The lower and upper limits remain the same.
- The options available in the [Race Type] menu within [Room Settings] of the "Event Settings" screen have been changed. New options include:
  • -Race for Fun
    -Race for Real
    -Cruising
    -Make Friends
    -Show Off Your Cars
    -Share Tips and Info
    -Café
Other improvements and adjustments
- The Traction Control System (TCS) which is activated when driving off-track is now used only in sand/gravel pits.
- The strength of the "Real" option for the [Slipstream Strength] parameter within [Race Settings] when creating a room in [Open Lobby], has been weakened.

Last edited:
Custom wings, you have to choose a winglet. No option for no winglet.
Tried to recreate the type of wing on relative's Lotus that has no winglets.
Wing type and struts matched up, strut height adjustment is very nice.

Last edited:
Subtle changes in driving physics :) Camber ( not sure if fixed ) and other tuning changes ( damper, spring, arb gives better feel )

I am testing my soon to be posted AutoDelta 147 GTA 3.7 328HP Selespeed ver., during 1.05 it did easy 1:06.3xxx at Tsukuba on CS tires, seems to be camber gives slightly different result. And suspension gives certain feel, maybe tire physics changes ?

EDIT : Might be just be placebo :scared:

Last edited:
Ok, I've just logged on and I am not seeing anything in the Special Events area for GTAcademy. :confused:

Translated from the Japanese website and not on the English website - We have added the [GT Academy 2014 ] to [SPECIAL EVENTS] area . It will be available online from April 21, 2014. We are looking forward to your participation

Are we sure about this one?

Checking now, be right back.

GTアカデミー
[SPECIAL EVENTS]エリアに[GTアカデミー2014]を追加しました。2014年4月21日のオンライン予選開始から利用可能になります。たくさんの皆様のご参加をお待ちしています。

That is correct, according to the above. (Copy and pasted from the Japanese update log).
So they way I understand it, even though its been added, it won't go online until April 21, 2014.

Yes, but it is not showing in the Special Events section like that news suggests, that's my concern.

GTアカデミー
[SPECIAL EVENTS]エリアに[GTアカデミー2014]を追加しました。2014年4月21日のオンライン予選開始から利用可能になります。たくさんの皆様のご参加をお待ちしています。
=
It will be available online April 21, 2014 when qualifying starts. We are really looking forward to everyone's participation.

Last edited:
I wanted to check if they fixed the camber issue so tested out with two of my cars

Test subject is Subaru Legacy stock with comfort soft tires (And the full suspension so I could change camber) oh and the track was Suzuka East figured it would show off the camber nicely.
Lap times:
Camber both front and rear set to zero: 1:03.921 1:04.009 1:03.247
Camber both front and rear set to one: 1:03.167 1:03.505, blah
so basically some laps were better some laps or worse then I started thinking great they didn't fix the camber. And then I started wondering because my RX-7 did feel better with more camera in the back maybe I could tune the understeer from the Subaru out using more front camber. And while I really thought that the RX-7 did better the Subaru just didn't. So with my testing they still haven't fixed the camber.
Although I did find that with the standard car you now get the regular dials instead of the bar gauge in the interior view which is cool.

Has anyone tried the data logger yet? It's frozen my PS3 twice already... :grumpy:
I did trying to see if the camber would show more G force in corners. Worked fine for me and was pretty cool it lets you set some pretty ridiculous things though with individual wheel speeds and ride heights.

Im an interior view guy and run a full custom cockpit with a g27. I recently spent a lot of time in the honda keihin hsv12 and the framerate and jerkiness (framerate?) was messing me up so bad that i dropped to 720p res and it improved a little but not much. Ive fealt disconnected from what ive been feeling at my wheel vs what ive been seeing in gt6 and i never had that in gt5.

I just set my resolution back to 1080 and hopped in the same care and i feel like its running way smoother, less jerking or shuddering and the feel of the car through the wheel feels better. Im pondering that maybe something to do with the 3d update cleaned the fps up.

I may be crazy but i have the urge to play now and the other night it was more of a task to play because it was taxing my eyes.

Anybody that uses interior view care to analyze this?

Here is some detail about the Custom Rear Wing section.

Wing Stays (mounts) options A-F
Wing A-I (large and small)
Winglets A-N (large and small). Winglet size options dependent on wing size.

Wing Size
Height -4 to +10
Width -10 to +30 on Roadster. Ford Shelby -40 to +26. Different for each car.

An error message appears saying "Your car's winglets are touching it's body" if a large wing is lowered too much. A message also appears telling you to adjust the size of your car's wings.

Some cats cars (Daihatsu Midget) can only have Width adjusted.

Most race cars can't have a custom wing fitted. However there are some exceptions. One is the Mazda Roadster Touring Car which could previously be modified using the preset wings..

Last edited:
Overall best lap time of the lobby you are in is displayed in the lower right corner, the fastest time is in pink and players PSN ID is also displayed next to that in white, see image. Sorry for bad pic.
tmp_-120057247.jpeg

Some cats (Daihatsu Midget) can only have Width adjusted.
The real cat simualtor 💡

Last edited:
Ridiculous , drifting come from Japan , come on PD ! Pd should be proud of what they have, I mean the car culture ! We want more Drift options and Keiichi instead of vettel ! Shame on PD again !!!

Drift room can still be set up. It can also be searched for. They've removed the duplication. Now you can set up and search for a drift / looking for friends room or a drift / race for fun etc etc room.

Some Variable Colour paints have been changed, most noticeable one is GT Polarized 001-P, it used to be a harsh red with silver bit but now it is just silver with a very slight red tint.

Im an interior view guy and run a full custom cockpit with a g27. I recently spent a lot of time in the honda keihin hsv12 and the framerate and jerkiness (framerate?) was messing me up so bad that i dropped to 720p res and it improved a little but not much. Ive fealt disconnected from what ive been feeling at my wheel vs what ive been seeing in gt6 and i never had that in gt5.

I just set my resolution back to 1080 and hopped in the same care and i feel like its running way smoother, less jerking or shuddering and the feel of the car through the wheel feels better. Im pondering that maybe something to do with the 3d update cleaned the fps up.

I may be crazy but i have the urge to play now and the other night it was more of a task to play because it was taxing my eyes.

Anybody that uses interior view care to analyze this?

Most probably the jerkiness you experienced before was because of slow hdd (loaded at that moment). When hdd isn't overloaded, there are no fps issues with gt6.

Back