Update 1.10 Discussion

• Thread starter GTPorsche
  • 893 comments
Is it just me, or can you no longer see the rear wing of the Bugatti Veyron raising/in the up position when you look back in interior cam? Or has it always been that way...

Engine brake reduction control on formula cars disabled
We have disabled the engine brake reduction control that was active on certain formula cars. (This is a feature that helps you avoid spinning out from excessive braking forces generated by the engine while the throttle is in the off position. This was accomplished by slightly opening the throttle while cornering even with no input to the accelerator
I don't like the sound of that. Looks like a hidden assist to me. Surely that's what we don't want?

Call me crazy, but wouldn't it be a bit nicer to release these updates in smaller packages so we're not tying up our PS because we can't download in the update in the background? I just started this thing (been camping all weekend) and it started out saying I had like 7000+ minutes left. It's worked it's way down to 800-900, but that's still a lot of time!

giphy.gif

:D

Who's that guy anyway?

Not really related to update 1.10 but I still don't really notice upgraded brakes. They say bigger discs and what not but those discs look exactly the same size as the stock brake discs. I really hope they add in the multi-pot brake upgrades that were hidden in GT5 and larger diameter discs. Trust me nothing looks weirder than a car wearing 18" wheels and still on the 10" brake discs up front and measly 8" in the rear. I get to paint my calipers but what's the point when the discs look like a 45 LP where there should be a 78.

On topic seems like PD has been slowly adding more customization to cars, we had the custom wings which took everyone by surprise, now we get to paint calipers, custom numbers on nearly every premium car(standard cars might be a bigger issue, possible the semi premiums are next in line). Would be interesting if we get vinyl choices next simple lines to full on manufacturer styled vinyls. It's so odd that I spent a great deal of the weekend playing with cars and decking them out with all parts, paint, numbers. I am easily amused, lol.

Next up is PD fixing the allowed downforce for rear wings and cars that actually have adjustable front lip spoilers (Viper SRT10, Concept Viper, Shelby GT 500). I still have no idea why there is this arbitrary limit on adjustable downforce, why give us those parts if the performance benefits are negligible but the penalties for having them is pretty high. :banghead:

45 and 78 refer to the turntable speed (rpm), not the diameter of the record.
I know but when you mention the RPM of an LP you knew exactly which, 78 was almost always the bigger LP and 33 and 45 were smaller discs. Anyone born in the 80's and before would know immediately just by mentioning the rpm as you did.

I know but when you mention the RPM of an LP you knew exactly which, 78 was almost always the bigger LP and 33 and 45 were smaller discs. Anyone born in the 80's and before would know immediately just by mentioning the rpm as you did.

Incorrect. 12inch, 10inch and 7inch are the common sizes of records. Any of which can be 33, 45 or 78rpm. 78 are relatively uncommon, and refer more towards gramophone records. After around 1940, most records were 33 or 45rpm.
The most common turntable (technics 1200) can not even play 78rpm without modification.

btw I have about 1000 records, started collected them in the 80's

I was born way before the 80's and I have to disagree with you about the 33-1/3 rpm (that was the actual speed) discs. All of my 12" LP albums are 33-1/3 rpm. I have never seen a 7" record that was that speed and would always relate the 12" size to that speed.

I was born way before the 80's and I have to disagree with you about the 33-1/3 rpm (that was the actual speed) discs. All of my 12" LP albums are 33-1/3 rpm. I have never seen a 7" record that was that speed and would always relate the 12" size to that speed.

Just to add to the record speak. In my neck of the woods, we always refered to the small record as 45's, and usually only had 2 songs on them. Most big albums I've seen played on 78, but I have run across a few that played on 33-1/3. Regardless both of those were always refered to as "albums, or LP's".

It may just be different countries have their on slang for each format. I knew what Savage was talking about when I read his post.

And just to get back on topic...How about the painted calipers. That's pretty slick. :lol:

Continuing off-topic, the term "LP" stood for "Long Playing". It referred to 33⅓ rpm records and only 33⅓.

The term was use to differentiate 33⅓ records from the previous 78 rpm technology.

33⅓ records have two advantages over 78s which contribute to their longer playing time. The slower rotation rate, and the closer groove spacing.

I don't recall anyone ever referring to 78s as "albums" back in the day. EDIT:- Apparently sets of 78s were referred to as albums. I had forgotten. But not individual disks. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_playing

Back on topic, I'm looking forward to a successful 1.10 installation so I can paint my calipers!

Does your HDD light blink or whatever when trying to update?

Yes, while it is "working", the HDD light blinks. Then there are two possible outcomes. The first couple of times it fails, it delivers the failure message and waits for my confirmation. When it gets that, it restarts the installation, with the HDD light blinking.

Eventually, the PS3 become inactive with the progress bar at about 20%. At this time, there were no flashing lights, and the progress bar did not move for at least an hour.

Yes, while it is "working", the HDD light blinks. Then there are two possible outcomes. The first couple of times it fails, it delivers the failure message and waits for my confirmation. When it gets that, it restarts the installation, with the HDD light blinking.

Eventually, the PS3 become inactive with the progress bar at about 20%. At this time, there were no flashing lights, and the progress bar did not move for at least an hour.

Well, hopefully we're both out of this situation sooner or later. But thanks for the info 👍

Well, hopefully we're both out of this situation sooner or later. But thanks for the info 👍

Not out of the woods yet. I'm still getting errors. Here is what I've done:-
  1. Restored from a system backup taken a few days ago
  2. Saved the game save data onto a USB drive
  3. Deleted the GT6 game from the hard drive
  4. Started GT6 which then wanted to update to 1.10
  5. Went through the download and instal of 9 updates (I don't know why it wasn't 10)
  6. Went through the game instal of these (as one process), however, it failed as before.
Now it's trying a second time to do the game instal, with 70 minutes left. I don't have a lot of confidence.

Maybe I need to delete all the GT6 game saves

EDIT:- Installation failed again. This time I have deleted all the GT6 game saves, the GT6 installation files and re-downloading. Maybe things will be better in the morning.

Last edited:
Not out of the woods yet. I'm still getting errors. Here is what I've done:-
  1. Restored from a system backup taken a few days ago
  2. Saved the game save data onto a USB drive
  3. Deleted the GT6 game from the hard drive
  4. Started GT6 which then wanted to update to 1.10
  5. Went through the download and instal of 9 updates (I don't know why it wasn't 10)
  6. Went through the game instal of these (as one process), however, it failed as before.
Now it's trying a second time to do the game instal, with 70 minutes left. I don't have a lot of confidence.

Maybe I need to delete all the GT6 game saves

Nope, I did all that already. I even restored my HDD, still getting errors. Good thing everything I play has online data :)

Back