Update 1.10 Discussion

• Thread starter GTPorsche
  • 893 comments
Did the sixaxis to switch between horizontal and vertical when taking a picture stop working this update?

I found a bunch of stuff has changed, some of my cars handle better now, others not so much. Is there a comprehensive list of confirmed changes?

Maybe its just me, but the Red Bull X2014 standard felt less understeery this time around. Before, it felt like it was heavy to turn and slightly sluggish even with all the grip, but now it feels less heavy.

Am I the only one that notices that the Chapparal 2J seems to have been severely butchered in this update? Tried using it for the LaSarthe Seasonal race, and corners it could fly through it now understeers off into the sand. :grumpy:

Maybe its just me, but the Red Bull X2014 standard felt less understeery this time around. Before, it felt like it was heavy to turn and slightly sluggish even with all the grip, but now it feels less heavy.
Am I the only one that notices that the Chapparal 2J seems to have been severely butchered in this update? Tried using it for the LaSarthe Seasonal race, and corners it could fly through it now understeers off into the sand. :grumpy:

Oh, you and your placebo's... :P

I don't know if its that. Considering I regularly grind that event, I've driven that car enough times that I've gotten a feel for it and it really does feel abit different after the recent update.

Did you reset the suspension settings to default? Physics and stock setting were changed in 1.09

Is it just me, or can you no longer see the rear wing of the Bugatti Veyron raising/in the up position when you look back in interior cam? Or has it always been that way...
you're not the only one.
Someone else made a topic about it.
I tested it, outside view you see the spoiler do all the things.
210kmh spoiler comes out
371kmh spoiler goes into fase 2,
Brake, spoilers goes into airbrake mode.

Cockpit view, all spoiler movements are gone/ non visible.
It's there, but it doesn't show anymore in cockpit view.

I've had that also before the 1.10 update.

The car got a some different handling, not much changed, but it is changed.
I notice it the best at the Silverstone "copse" corner
Update 1.06, understeer and no smoke from the tires at the "Copse" corner
First time noticed in Update 1.09 ( needed some extra credits)
Lots of grip and little smoke from the tires.

Printscreens. ( i don't brake at this corner!!! just full throttle)
Gran Turismo 1.06 understeer. at "COPSE"

Gran Turismo 1.09 ( could be changed earlier) No understeer and little tiresmoke

Last edited:
I don't know about this, but I definitely feel a difference. I'm not sure what it is, but prepatch I couldn't get around Suzuka to save my life, and afterwards it was just easie for me.

I don't know about this, but I definitely feel a difference. I'm not sure what it is, but prepatch I couldn't get around Suzuka to save my life, and afterwards it was just easie for me.

Maybe it's something to do with this from 1.10:

Engine brake reduction control on formula cars disabled

Engine brake reduction control that was active on certain formula cars has been disabled. This is a feature that helps you avoid spinning out from excessive braking forces generated by the engine while the throttle is in the off position. This was accomplished by slightly opening the throttle while cornering even with no input to the accelerator.

I noticed the difference mostly in long corners where you lift and coast before braking. Sometimes it felt like the throttle was more than 'slightly' open.

Anyone checked if we're able to reset the LSD on FF cars to default, as it was a bug in 1.09 but not sure if its fixed ?.

Forget that, checked last night, it's still greyed out.

Last edited:
No, same here.
Did only one try with it, then changed to other cars.
Afterwards I realized the 2j was still on his Red Bull Ring tune, so I thought this was the reason of the odd behaviour.

I noticed that in online events, if I entered the track and drove around in normal view until the race started, my view would reset to cockpit view upon start in 1.09. Now, with 1.10, the view remains the one I selected for practice, just like before 1.09. The 2-pixel white line on the right edge of the screen is still there though. And the shadows still look like simon's chalk drawings.

I noticed that in online events, if I entered the track and drove around in normal view until the race started, my view would reset to cockpit view upon start in 1.09. Now, with 1.10, the view remains the one I selected for practice, just like before 1.09. The 2-pixel white line on the right edge of the screen is still there though. And the shadows still look like simon's chalk drawings.
To fix the white line on the edge, you'll need to readjust the screen location/size/dimension/whatever in the setting.

At least we can do this now, or close enough no?

gran-turismo-5-playstation-3-ps3-112.jpg

Well:

capture_20140731_030435-jpg.196004

Kinda.

Attachments

• capture_20140731_030435.jpg
    capture_20140731_030435.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 48

same here, got it on every tv or monitor, i fixed it by setting the screen mode back to 100%.

you're not the only one.
Someone else made a topic about it.
I tested it, outside view you see the spoiler do all the things.
210kmh spoiler comes out
371kmh spoiler goes into fase 2,
Brake, spoilers goes into airbrake mode.

Cockpit view, all spoiler movements are gone/ non visible.
It's there, but it doesn't show anymore in cockpit view.

I've had that also before the 1.10 update.

The car got a some different handling, not much changed, but it is changed.
I notice it the best at the Silverstone "copse" corner
Update 1.06, understeer and no smoke from the tires at the "Copse" corner
First time noticed in Update 1.09 ( needed some extra credits)
Lots of grip and little smoke from the tires.

Printscreens. ( i don't brake at this corner!!! just full throttle)
Gran Turismo 1.06 understeer. at "COPSE"

Gran Turismo 1.09 ( could be changed earlier) No understeer and little tiresmoke
You are moving at a lower speed in the 2nd set of pictures... > turning better.

You are moving at a lower speed in the 2nd set of pictures... > turning better.
I used that track for grinding credits.
After i had 50.000.000 credits i drove that track no more for a month or more.
Then i bought the chaparral 2J, i wanted my 50.000.000 back, so i started grinding again and noticed it.
The pictures show you the smoke from the tires.
That wasn't there before in any corner, only when you braked and turned at the same time.
The smoke is the spinning of 1 or more tires and that's why i loose speed and get the corner better.

No matter what you think or see. , i know it has changed.

here's a clip, proof or not, it's changed.

Just thinking, maybe the physics of the Race Soft tires changed?

Last edited:
Looks like the smoke is coming off the left front tire. Which would be understeer, not oversteer.

MMX
Looks like the smoke is coming off the left front tire. Which would be understeer, not oversteer.

Not understeer because he dint push wide, looks to me as excess heat it tyre = smoke but also = more grip... I'd say its more of a suspension change or aero

I used that track for grinding credits.
After i had 50.000.000 credits i drove that track no more for a month or more.
Then i bought the chaparral 2J, i wanted my 50.000.000 back, so i started grinding again and noticed it.
The pictures show you the smoke from the tires.
That wasn't there before in any corner, only when you braked and turned at the same time.
The smoke is the spinning of 1 or more tires and that's why i loose speed and get the corner better.

No matter what you think or see. , i know it has changed.

here's a clip, proof or not, it's changed.

Just thinking, maybe the physics of the Race Soft tires changed?

That looks like a job for the Data Logger. Do you have any old best laps saved? If you're grinding and doing consistent laps it should reveal what's going on.

ETA I've just had a look at the Data Logger and overlaid two 97T laps just to find that the wheel speeds are in different units! Slot 1=mph, Slot 2=km/h. Should not affect you, but it's bugged for us old imperialists...

Last edited:
Back