Update 1.10 Install error

• Thread starter WhiteShadw
  • 109 comments
White-Shadw
Hi Guys

I seem to have run into a problem. Whenever I try to install the 1.10 update, it gives an error during installation. Any tips?

Best Regards

W.Shadow

Last edited:
Before installing, press X quick on Yes so that errors don't come out when installing.

I've downloaded the update.. it's when I boot the game up and it goes to the "Preparing Update" screen. It starts installing and when the timer falls to 120 minutes remaining, it gives an install error.

I hope I don't have to re-download all 9 patches..

I've downloaded the update.. it's when I boot the game up and it goes to the "Preparing Update" screen. It starts installing and when the timer falls to 120 minutes remaining, it gives an install error.

I hope I don't have to re-download all 9 patches..
I have the digital version, so I can't delete my game data utility for GT6, it's in the game already.
It might be your internet connection, stay connected even when playing GT6 after updating.

Hi Guys

I seem to have run into a problem. Whenever I try to install the 1.10 update, it gives an error during installation. Any tips?

Best Regards

W.Shadow

I'm having the same issue. I've downloaded the update 3 times, using 7gb of data, and it still won't install.

OMG i'm getting frustrated of this problem! :irked:
i've been installing,rebooting,deleting the game file and reinstalling it for 2 full days now and it still doesn't work.
i think i'm gonna buy myself a xbox one and forza cuz this is just so anoyying. if it doesn't work tomorrow i'm gonna quit GT

sorry, just had to say this....

I'm having the same issue. I've downloaded the update 3 times, using 7gb of data, and it still won't install.

Have you had any luck as of yet? I haven't tried again yet.. Currently installing 1.09.

i've been installing,rebooting,deleting the game file and reinstalling it for 2 full days now and it still doesn't work.
i think i'm gonna buy myself a xbox one and forza cuz this is just so anoyying. if it doesn't work tomorrow i'm gonna quit GT

Are you using Wifi to download the updates? Try it via an ethernet cable.. see if it works.

When it fails DO NOT REBOOT SYSTEM! Just let it do its thing and it will automatically retry and it worked. Mine failed the first time but I just left my PS3 do its thing and the second try it worked.

If you are having problems it maybe your internet is the issue and not the PS3 or GT6.

Have you had any luck as of yet? I haven't tried again yet.. Currently installing 1.09.

Are you using Wifi to download the updates? Try it via an ethernet cable.. see if it works.
i use the ethernet cable :)

When it fails DO NOT REBOOT SYSTEM! Just let it do its thing and it will automatically retry and it worked. Mine failed the first time but I just left my PS3 do its thing and the second try it worked.
i don't, it just says: an error occured and then it said install failed and i can only click ok, then it reboots the game automaticly

If you are having problems it maybe your internet is the issue and not the PS3 or GT6.
it is already downloaded, but it just won't install
it's already in-game where it needs to be installed again where it's going all wrong

I have finally managed to install 1.10 today. Just used an ethernet cable and it worked like a charm! I think there could be a packet loss problem during the download process that everyone should be careful of.. If it messes up.. you'll need to do all 10 updates all over again.

Surprisingly, almost immediately after making the post the install worked. Took me 3 times, and lots of data, but I am finally enjoying the updates. I was able to do this over wifi though, as I don't have a base to connect an ethernet cable (cellphone tethering).

Surprisingly, almost immediately after making the post the install worked. Took me 3 times, and lots of data, but I am finally enjoying the updates. I was able to do this over wifi though, as I don't have a base to connect an ethernet cable (cellphone tethering).

That's good to know! Congrats :)

when update 1.10 was installing i accidently turn off the ps,now i have an error msg everytime i try reinstalling it i try 5-6 times and it doesnt work any thoughts?

when update 1.10 was installing i accidently turn off the ps,now i have an error msg everytime i try reinstalling it i try 5-6 times and it doesnt work any thoughts?

If you cut it off during part of the install, u may have corrupted the data. U may have to delete the game data, and download the update again. Just an idea, hopefully someone will have a better solution. Good luck.

i use the ethernet cable :)

i don't, it just says: an error occured and then it said install failed and i can only click ok, then it reboots the game automaticly

it is already downloaded, but it just won't install
it's already in-game where it needs to be installed again where it's going all wrong
How much free space is on you hard drive ? and if there is not much room on your hard drive it will not install properly.

I had a similar problem while I was updating a friends console. He had 6GB free and it failed. The message said it required another 1.2GB ish, so I deleted GT5 off the console leaving about 14GB and tried again. Another fail during install and then the message says it needs another 2GB....eh!

When I checked through the game data menus I found the GT6 file had been corrupted and had to delete and reinstall all 10 updates. 6 1/2 hours later all was well.

I had no problem at all doing my own a couple of days later.

A tip for people who still have problems installing from scratch is to download the first 7 updates (to 1.07), cancel the rest, let the in-game installation proceed, exit, and do this again for each addition patch - in return installing each patch individually. It's time consuming but you get a proper installation.

The PS3 will suffer if you don't have enough free space to install everything at once. You need double the space for every patch or anything you download (ie a game that's 10 gigs you'll need 20 (it doesn't install while updating)). Also, when you start reaching 10 gigs worth of updates, the PS3 sucks at unpacking all of it causing errors so it's best to do them individually (by cancelling after each update). I've read that going straight from 1.00 to 1.07 is safe though as the sizes are average size until you get the the Senna update and VGT cars (the gig ones).

@Bluntified, I like your idea, however, I doubt that it'll work. I contracted this disease when I tried to go from 1.09 to 1.10 on a PS3 (Fat) with a 750GB hard drive and over 550GBs free.

I have two newer PS3 Slims with small HDDs (120GBs) and both had error-free installations going from 1.09 to 1.10 in one step.

My latest attempt has been to replace the hard drive in the Fat PS3 with a 500GB drive. I installed system 4.60 from a USB drive, essentially using a scorched earth policy. I then tried to instal 1.10 in one step from the game disk and it locked up with the progress bar about half way across.

The PS3 was still recognizing the PS button on my controller, so it wasn't a total vegetable.

I was able to Transfer the contents of the Fat PS3 to one of my Slims, and update from 1.09 to 1.10 successfully.

At this point I'm suspecting the culprit is my old Fat PS3, although in all other respects, it works just fine.

I'll try the staged approach you suggest and if that fails, I guess I'll be looking for another PS3.

EDIT: The staged approach finally worked. Now I just have to find a workaround for the broken multi-screen.

Last edited:
Hi all,
This morning while updating 1.10 ( I know 2 years after the war ;) ) workers shutdown the electricity of my building at the same time , damn :banghead: really unlucky.
So I tried again and now the installation process don't want go more further than update preparation in progress. There is no timer and this is like this since 20min.
What should I do ?
Many thanks for your help.

Hi all,
This morning while updating 1.10 ( I know 2 years after the war ;) ) workers shutdown the electricity of my building at the same time , damn :banghead: really unlucky.
So I tried again and now the installation process don't want go more further than update preparation in progress. There is no timer and this is like this since 20min.
What should I do ?
Many thanks for your help.

Do you have a backup of your system? If so, I would seriously consider rebuilding the PS3 from scratch, reinstalling system 4.60, restoring from your backup and starting the 1.10 update again.

If that fails in the usual manner, make a backup of your game save, delete the GT6 game, and then do a staged installation of the game as described above.

BEFORE YOU DO ANY OF THE ABOVE, TAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR SYSTEM as it is at present, and don't throw away any prior backups.

Do you have a backup of your system? If so, I would seriously consider rebuilding the PS3 from scratch, reinstalling system 4.60, restoring from your backup and starting the 1.10 update again.

If that fails in the usual manner, make a backup of your game save, delete the GT6 game, and then do a staged installation of the game as described above.

BEFORE YOU DO ANY OF THE ABOVE, TAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR SYSTEM as it is at present, and don't throw away any prior backups.

Yeah that is what I'm doing since the last 3-4h lol, and I have a back up ;) . Many thanks for your reply, in 2 min it say the installation of 1.10 is finish , hallelujah lol !

If you cut it off during part of the install, u may have corrupted the data. U may have to delete the game data, and download the update again. Just an idea, hopefully someone will have a better solution. Good luck.
i did that and it works the game runs again the only negative was that i lost all my replays but that what you pay for being careless all other content seems to be ok thanks guys

Ok so I think I'm close to fixing my update issues but something is still wrong. Here's a rundown of what I did. When I first tried to update to 1.10 I noticed that there was more then one update. Apparently I had 9 updates that needed to be downloaded and installed. That's odd in itself considering that I played GT6 with an online connection since it's release date. My updates will download and install up until 50% installation of update 9.

After checking GTP to see if other users were having problems one person said that their update would go through because the game utility data was corrupted. After checking that was the case with my game data so I deleted it and tried again but I still get an error in the exact same place. Any tips or advice? I did do a file rebuild before deleting the corrupted files so could that help now that I've deleted the corrupt data? Thanks in advance for any help! ^^

Hi Guys

Best Regards

W.Shadow

Same problem here

I formatted my disk completely, went to do a full install of GT6, It downloads all 9 updates, then when it it applies the updates (the box that comes up when you restart the game) it fails.

2 retries
1 full format (18 hours) 1 complete restoration of the PS3 system, checked disk for obvious problems (none found)
It worked absolutely fine until I tried re-installing it.

Have since installed 5 other games (including GT5) with updates, with no problems, this is definitely GT6 related.

Frankly I'm so disappointed with GT6 as a game anyway.
a) very poor core game
b) AI that defies logic,
c) PS2 cars (none premium !!) and all but one of the so called 'Vision' cars are essentially PS2 cars
d) add ons like 'Red bull' and 'Ayrton Senna' content are cool but don't improve the core game.

Frankly this is the poorest GT game yet (went downhill from 4) so if it wont work I will post my disk directly back to Sony and ask for a refund (which I doubt very much I will get, but interesting fun all the same) and will go with the Grid series.. much better racing fun anyway. I'm not even angry any more, just amused indifferent even.

Zoo

My friend is having the same problem with the 1.10 install of GT6. Format and reinstall didnt help. Can i do a backup of my working gamedata and restore it on his PS3 so he could use it on his PSN account. Or is installed game data tied to my PSN account?

Save data, not game data, is tied to a PSN account.
But you cannot copy game data either.

He could try bringing his PS3 to your place and using your net setup to update his game data.
Sometimes a different net setup, especially a different ISP, can do the trick.
Obviously things like monthly data caps etc need to be considered.

If he isn't in an endless failing install loop everytime he starts GT6, he should test the game to make sure it's working fine on 1.09.
If all's good, I would clear cache in game (unsure whether this would help but can't hurt)
Quit game, then run Safemode options 3 and 4 to clean up his HDD.
Then update to 1.10 via the XMB > Game > 'GT6 icon' Check for Updates function.
Then boot GT6 and see how the install goes.

Back