Update 1.10 (and 1.11) Undocumented Changes Thread

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 579 comments
Just tested Nissan VGT KERS in Route X.

For Disharge:
Not touch the Nitro button, the KERS will ran out battery at 2:40 under High speed cruise.
Hold down the Nitro button, the KERS will ran out battery at 1:06 under High speed cruise.
* I Hold the Nitro button before the count down.

For Charging:
I tried reach to 300 kph slide to 100 kph, then speed up to 300 kph and slide again.
Repeat 5-6 times could make the battery full charge.

For Speed boost:
I did some crush test in Tokyo 246.
Just found KERS may be could gain 8% accelerate .
My test is start at 3rd grid until crush to first corner tire wall.
While hold the nitro button can 20 kph faster (Touch the wall with 270kph)

Last edited:
ERS= Energy Recovery System. A type of hybrid system that recovers energy. KERS= Kinetic ERS. It recovers energy kineticly, such as braking.

MGU= Motor Generator Unit. A motor generator can be used to describe a single power transducer that can be used as either an electric motor or generator, converting between electrical power and mechanical power.

That should clear up the confusion.

Really minor text change

Login bonus used to say Playstation Network at the bottom. (before 1.10)

hLSVwD3.png

It now says 'PSN'

kVZIicU.jpg

:sly:

Last edited:
Ascari: pitstop-driver from slot 1 don't crash into the wall ... (new in 1.10?) r.
I'm not really sure about this. I don't know yet in 1.10 but before it when I was running on it, it happened that it sometimes crashed and sometimes didn't, with the same car. I remember that when the car was entering the track for the first time at first position, then it crashed. But when it was a pitstop, it didn't crash. Or maybe it was the opposite scenario but I remember about the exit beeing different when pitstop or entering track. Though I am maybe false and that would be a good new :)

A potential glitch:

While making adjustments to the suspension of an already tuned car (pre-1.09) nothing actually makes a difference, until you reset to default then re-tune.

Anyone else notice this?

This was discovered while online, with 2 seperate people in the same car (Honda Accord Euro '02).

A potential glitch:

While making adjustments to the suspension of an already tuned car (pre-1.09) nothing actually makes a difference, until you reset to default then re-tune.

Anyone else notice this?

This was discovered while online, with 2 seperate people in the same car (Honda Accord Euro '02).
We run tuneless events with tuning prohibited, and even a brand new car bought from the dealership, can't get on track, unless you reset it's defaults. We've mainly noticed this on race cars, where they come with adjustable suspension, and transmission. Both have to be reset before it's allowed on track. PD changed their "stock" settings, but it doesn't kick in automatically.

Was running some 15min races at Nordschleife today and when I didn't win it reset my "Record" to the place I finished rather than the 1st I had before (also kicking me back down to 99% complete).

This had been fixed, seems broken again?

dscf4711ptkcx.jpg

VGT car now use the HUD with the analogic tachimeter in cockpit view (until 1.09 there was the digital one)

PS The Aston Martin VGT absolutely haven't a simple interior
No, before there was the same HUD that you can see on premium cars in cockpit view

Waaaaaiiiit just a minute. Since when in blacked out standards view could you see other parts of the car (bonnet etc)??

In GT5 you couldn't, and i'm sure in GT6 you couldn't? or is this VGT only?

(GT5 screenshot example)

b17db050_gran-turismo-5-spec-2-screenshots4.jpeg

Waaaaaiiiit just a minute. Since when in blacked out standards view could you see other parts of the car (bonnet etc)??

In GT5 you couldn't, and i'm sure in GT6 you couldn't? or is this VGT only?

(GT5 screenshot example)

b17db050_gran-turismo-5-spec-2-screenshots4.jpeg

Only VGT. Back in GT: PSP all cars had a blacked out cockpit but you could see the outside parts! I don't understand PD's decision to remove that for GT5 and GT6...

Only VGT. Back in GT: PSP all cars had a blacked out cockpit but you could see the outside parts! I don't understand PD's decision to remove that for GT5 and GT6...

Probably owing to how an upscaled 480p texture would look so bad in in 1080p. Having said that... for around 50% of standard they didn't seem too bothered...

Probably owing to how an upscaled 480p texture would look so bad in in 1080p. Having said that... for around 50% of standard they didn't seem too bothered...

Well, PD's logic striking again... :rolleyes: That's the reason I never drive standard cars in cockpit view, simply because I feel like driving a cardboard cutout in the shape of a dashboard.

Thing is they didn't remove it, it was never part of GT5 or GT6. It's just a silhouette bathtub as far as I'm concerned and it's a bit dumb for cars with rather lengthy front ends as you have no idea where your invisible front end is in relation to another car.
There are a few cars with that blacked out interior including the Premium GTR Proto '05 model, Aston Matin DB9 '03 nearly all the VGT's have the same blacked out interiors but the camera is placed within the car model.

Fun fact of PD weirdness, the '05 Proto has no interior but can be viewed in Gallery mode, yet the '03 DB9 cannot even when it has the exact same model as the '06 DB9. Weird and uninteresting facts in PD's GT6.

Fun fact of PD weirdness, the '05 Proto has no interior but can be viewed in Gallery mode, yet the '03 DB9 cannot even when it has the exact same model as the '06 DB9. Weird and uninteresting facts in PD's GT6.
Well GTR Proto is technically Premium while '03 DB9 isnt. But then again its PD rigid logic strikes again.

TBH Yellowbird on gallery view still looks nice enough.

Is there any indication that they will fix the 10-2 steering that somehow entered the game on some in car views?
9 and 3 is best for track driving... It offers the most control of snap oversteer, and a more comfortable (less tiring) position. Holding your arms is an unnecessary waste of energy better spent on focusing your driving on apexes and such.

Have they tweaked the shifter 125 handling? I used to try the GT Arena event at least once a week for months and the best I ever finished was 9th. I hadn't tried it in a couple of months but thought I'd give it another bash today and won it comfortably on my second try by about 2secs!

ERS= Energy Recovery System. A type of hybrid system that recovers energy. KERS= Kinetic ERS. It recovers energy kineticly, such as braking.

MGU= Motor Generator Unit. A motor generator can be used to describe a single power transducer that can be used as either an electric motor or generator, converting between electrical power and mechanical power.

That should clear up the confusion.
there are no "ERS" that work without Kinetic energy, to my knowledge?

I didn't realize 'Murica adopted the metric system
:lol:
For the 'Mericans, 10cm=4 inches...

9 and 3 is best for track driving... It offers the most control of snap oversteer, and a more comfortable (less tiring) position. Holding your arms is an unnecessary waste of energy better spent on focusing your driving on apexes and such.
in real life or in game? IRL racecar drivers are more often on 10-2, 9-3 is for casual driving (or grandpa's lol, and when with a lady [do not do at home!], it's left hand at 7 o'clock and right hand on her shoulder :P).
As for less tiring, I'd say holding your arms at 11-1 with the wheel close(r) to the body is best.
If you know NASCAR, watch Brad Keselowski. If you don't, look for an onboard view of the guy on Youtube, and acknowledge he's skinny and that NASCAR races can go up to 4 hours!

Or, you could watch rally drivers, formula car drivers, touring car drivers... I maintain that NASCAR is separate from other motorsports....

Lots of changes to the nurburgring track, on the 24h Ring there is some new awnings going over the road, new fencing, trees, portable toilets and signage all along the track.

There are probably many more changes I have not noticed. I wonder if any other tracks were updated to such a degree?
Some of the kerbs at some tracks. Example - Silverstone gp circuit. I noticed more, but can't recall specifics.

Latest Posts

Back