Update 1.12 help!

• Thread starter gordongt
  • 100 comments
I am lookinf forward to my installation to see how it went on my side... i'm at work ATM and well I also have to do som chores beforehand

some people are lucky. i'm trying to install the update. well it's preparing the update. at a certain point the installation screen freezes. the first time, it froze at 3minutes left. the second time around (after hard shutting the device) it nenver started( saying 500 min left) I decided to stop the Internet connection id did crash with a error saying problem with the installation, but it tries again... When it stalled, the harddrive was silent. no lights but the internet connection was flashing. Now, without the connection, the installation failed once. Waiting to see if it will fail again if it does... what would be the issue?

beleive it or not. i'm still trying.. I've Cleared the game data and I will now try to install each update one by one by staying close to the ps3 and cancelling when the next update downloads. It seems that, though tedious installing the updates one by one makes it work.

Borrowed my wife's console and put my account on it... uploaded my gamesave and everything went flawlessly 👍 mine is for the knackers yard and she now needs a new console, she is now trying to fix the issue on my old console :P Good luck with that babe x ;)

Back on the track here anyway :cheers:

PMSL

Kel will get you back, mate ;)

That is where I am at... I will try the console at work, and see if we are getting anywhere. if it works. my console is dead.
At least, for this game it is.

update #7 out of 11 just crashed while downloading on the slim 160 gb available here at work... restarted download

Seriously, i'm starting to believe that there IS something wrong in the way PD makes the updates. The device i'm trying has barely been used, I had to update the firmware to 4.65 myself. it,s brand new per say. Installatation just took forever and it FAILED! i'm doing it again as we speak, but seriously. I suspect programming issues in updates and or lack of QA at PDI

Last edited:
Well my amazing missus kept at it for a day and a half after I gave up and somehow she got the update installed on my 320 slim :confused: So basically the moral of the story is if you want something doing? let a woman do it :D

Well done @Kelly :bowdown: You can have your console back now ;)👍

Last edited:
Well my amazing missus kept at it for a day and a half after I gave up and somehow she got the update installed on my 320 slim :confused: So basically the moral of the story is if you want something doing? let a woman do it :D

Well done @Kelly :bowdown: You can have your console back now ;)👍

Do you think you can lend your GF???

You can borrow my GF but not my wife :lol:

ojk Kelly x ;)

You just do not know why I wish to borrow her... maybe she can fix my PS3 like she fixed yours. sh'll have to pay for the trip to Montreal though... and back to Manchester

I had this problem, so I searched online for suggestions and found some. I then;

1. Disconnected my PS3 from the internet.
2. Deleted the Game Data Utility and Saved Data Utility.
3. Went into the game offline without installing updates and turned off the Auto-Install Function in the options menu, saved then quit the game.
4. Connected PS3 to the internet using a wired connection.
5. Started the game and started the updates. Did them one by one, pressing quit or cancel after each update had installed.

And it worked.

I am doing update now I've done it all but my installation says 300mins and by the way sorry I didn't see this I'm time I just did the update normally. Help me please

Seriously... No matter how we try iy didn't work oit for me and updating the gme one by one did not work. I have to admit i didn't went in gane to start with and cancel auto install further more trying to update the game on another console at work also failed. And other games run flawlessly.

So the obvious choice is that PD will have to do something. FAST.

Can any of you guys help me please. I updated gt6 when the update came out an my ps3 froze. So I couldn't turn it off. So I had to turn it off via the switch. It had already downloaded the update by then and installed it. So now on the screen it says it has had a error trying to prepare the update on the gt6 screen at the beginning!! Crazy problem I know but hopefully you guys can help me!! Thank you

This comes up every time

Attachments

• WIN_20140925_180109.JPG
    WIN_20140925_180109.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 10
This comes up every time
I've got the exact same problem here help please

solution? i don't know.
But the console freeze and only shut down by power button? Heat problem or harddisk problem.
I had a heat problem last week, loading sahara, gamefreeze, could only switch off by power button.
happened 3x, disconnected the ps3, and the bottom was too warm.
I'm lucky i have an air compressor, blow out the ps3 (lots of dust) and problem gone, but carefull, don't use too much air-pressure.

If that does not help, back up all your savegames on usbstick.
if you can get into gt6, export all replay's and back them also up on usbstick.
Then the nasty thing, do a system/harddisk format of the ps3.
make sure you got the info for your account(s), or your backup of savegames will fail if the account is not the same (name/email/loginpassword)

or the best option:
delete all game data for every game, delete all movies and music.
goto system settings, and to backup utility, plug in a fat32 usb that is big enough.
search youtube how to format an external disk to fat32, or use a big usb stick.
backup to your usb device, this can take a while.

youtube link
-------------------------------------------

In your ps3 menu, go to settings-> system settings->help program for format->System storage format.
and cross your fingers.
I did not do that ever, so i don't know if the accounts are deleted, but i think they get deleted.

Plug in your external usb disk, goto system settings, backup , and restore from disk, and your accounts and settings will be restored.
the start all over again

no usb backup?
Then start all over again, but first create the same account,copy all savegames back into your account
and then put the disks into the console.
---------------------------------------------
Good luck.

Last edited:
Thing is though the ps3 is fie. No heat issue at all cause all other games work fine but it just seems to be that problem with gt6. Has anyone else has thos update problem. Cause it is really annoying me

Hi there. I can't seem to install 1.12. It prepared the update but it comes up with error during installation. Is there any way around this at all?
I bought the anniversaary edition so i thought of installing the car packs before updating so i did it and now im updating the game on its latest update and its working

I'll try again tonight. I will take my time and will do the following, as it has been mentioned on the Gran turismo forums. This will eventually take many days though.

I will start by clearing the attempt I did. I will delete any save and game data stored on the HDD so far.

Then, I will turn the internet off and start the game. this allows to create a new save game and allows me to remove the game data installation option.

Then, I will turn the internet on and download 1.01.
turn the internet off before it allows to download 1.02

try the game offline

if it works
I'll turn the internet offline and allow 1.02

lather rinse repeat untill I get to 1.12

I will tell you then if i'm up and running.

Back