Update 1.12/1.13 Undocumented Changes Thread

Why wouldn't you want the cars to go ghost during pause online?

The game auto-pilots you down to 50mph so you become a rolling obstacle for the people still putting laps in. I just don't understand why you wouldn't want it to happen?

EDIT: Sorry, was meant to be a reply @VBR

I was wondering that too. I happen to know that @VBR dislikes it when someone pauses to type something and doesn't pull off the track first because they become an on-track obstacle (which is very annoying). Now if someone hits "start" to type something while they're still on track their car will go ghost and no longer be an obstacle. 👍

My concerted effort was to search the gran-turismo.com site and look at the OP of the 1.08, 1.09, 1.10+1.11 threads and a couple more I could find, in addition to this thread. So I see a warning when in gallery I attempt to play any replay of a lobby race. The warning basically says the game could crash, but watching the replay didn't produce any obvious problem.

Last edited:
Ferrari 250 GTO '62 RUINED!!! 👎👎👎

Now you can't modify the toe and camber anymore and it has a fixed, and very weird value. WHY????

My concerted effort was to search the gran-turismo.com site and look at the OP of the 1.08, 1.09, 1.10+1.11 threads and a couple more I could find, in addition to this thread. So I see a warning when in gallery I attempt to play any replay of a lobby race. The warning basically says the game could crash, but watching the replay didn't produce any obvious problem.
I have that too but the difference is one that I have DOES without fail crash the PS3 hard every time it gets to a certain spot. Funny thing is it didn't do that prior to the ninja patch that introduced those warnings.

It really bums me out because it contains the wildest, most horrific, and hillarious lag glitching I've ever seen in my life.

Pretty sure that counts as an issue and not as an undocumented change.

Because this game is supposed to be a simulation, & in reality cars do not turn invisible & start driving through one another! I love watching replays of online races as much as I like participating in them, so seeing cars ghosting ruins the immersion for me.

👍

Hasn't anyone noticed that if you're in online and someone changes their vehicle the name gets updated without having to rejoin the track to see which car they're driving

VBR
Because this game is supposed to be a simulation, & in reality cars do not turn invisible & start driving through one another! I love watching replays of online races as much as I like participating in them, so seeing cars ghosting ruins the immersion for me.

👍
Sometimes you have to sacrifice simulation parts for parts that make sense, I'd rather see a load of cars ghosting than seeing everyone crash into an A.I. driven car. Also, why would people pause during a race? Surely they would wait until after the race.

Sometimes you have to sacrifice simulation parts for parts that make sense, I'd rather see a load of cars ghosting than seeing everyone crash into an A.I. driven car. Also, why would people pause during a race? Surely they would wait until after the race.

I don't want to see ghosting at all in any replay that I've saved. Also, this is to do with online racing, & there's no AI online. Some people do pause their car while racing online & then leave to do something, it's very rude imo & causes accidents. I'm guessing that's why PD added this feature. However, I only have clean racers on my friends list so it's hardly ever a problem for me. But now that they might think they won't be causing a problem by using it, they might start using it, so I'm gonna have to add another rule to my lobbies.

It aggravates me because PD haven't given us the option to decide if we want this, they've yet again forced a feature upon us, GRRRRR!

:irked:

The game auto-pilots you down to 50mph so you become a rolling obstacle for the people still putting laps in. I just don't understand why you wouldn't want it to happen?

EDIT: Sorry, was meant to be a reply @VBR
Isnt that supposed to be like that in GT5?
VBR

👍

Also in reality, cars dont slightly lags and people didnt ram their cars like it was absolutely nothing.

Last edited:
VBR

👍

A simulation exists to do what you can not do in real life. There is no other reason for a sim to exist.

A simulation exists to do what you can not do in real life. There is no other reason for a sim to exist.
For instance: if you don't have the means (financial or others) to race irl.
But then you would like the sim to be as close to real as possible: no ghost cars, no arcade mode, but rather mechanical damage etc...

Still yet to try the update as my GT6 is on a differnt continent and the postman is taking an age to deliver it!!

I know everyone has already acknowledged the sound glitch, but for me, I seem to get no engine sound when someone leaves the lobby, then I get them back when someone else joins the room. Is this the same for anyone else?

I know everyone has already acknowledged the sound glitch, but for me, I seem to get no engine sound when someone leaves the lobby, then I get them back when someone else joins the room. Is this the same for anyone else?
I got that glitch whilst cruising at Zahara, sound restored by just going into my garage and grabbing another car.

I noticed last night that the helmet was popping out of the 25th anniversary Countach at certain points. I remember it happening on the xj220 back on gt5 which was fixed.
Anyone else notice this or any others that are doing that now? I was on Zahara.

When going into the pits (I only tried that online) using normal cockpit-camera, sometimes the in-car camera changes to looking back during the entire time you're in the pitlane.
I've never experienced that before.

(I've had it at Silverstone national using the nissan gt-r r35 nismo '14)

Back