Update 1.13 is here, fixes sound/crashing bugs

SkylineObsession

Expert daydreamer
Premium
New Zealand
New Zealand
SkylineObsession
Mangosaurus
Wifey just happened to fire up GT6 just now and the update showed its face. ;)

Only a 9,600KB sized one, but will hopefully make the game playable again.

- Fixed an issue wherein engine and other sound effects were not being played correctly during online races
- Fixed an issue wherein the game sometimes hung mainly during online races when there were two or more cars with additional meters equipped
- Fixed an issue wherein it was not possible to download and playback replays from the online rankings board after entering an event
- Fixed an issue wherein playing online race replays from the gallery sometimes caused the game game to hang
- Fixed an issue wherein the "Client" system(s) sometimes hung when using the Multi-Monitor function in online races

This comes less than a day after a mate of mine said he's giving up on the game until the bugs are fixed. :D

But lets not get our hopes up - are they really all fixed? Have any others popped up?

Last edited:
Decided to run a few quick races, and I must say, they seem a lot more stable than before. Might just be my internet having a good day for once, but I barely noticed any lag or skipping. 👍

1412120905805.gif
1412120905805.gif
1412120905805.gif

Yeah, but there's nothing hidden in this download at that size i wouldn't think.

But you're right, usually hot fixes fix this sort of thing?

Yeah, but there's nothing hidden in this download at that size i wouldn't think.

But you're right, usually hot fixes fix this sort of thing?
Well going off past GT6 (not GT5) history, this could/might be the same situation as v1.11. Then again, we really had no one around to 'dig around' in the game's coding since @Whistle Snap hasn't been active as of late.

EDIT- Tree'd

It's a bit upsetting when you think to yourself "Is this really the October update? Already?"
Ah well. I'm just happy that I can finally race online again thanks to the sound and freezing glitches being fixed. Now comes the issue with not being able to see everyone on the course.

It's a bit upsetting when you think to yourself "Is this really the October update? Already?"
Ah well. I'm just happy that I can finally race online again thanks to the sound and freezing glitches being fixed. Now comes the issue with not being able to see everyone on the course.
Well no one better complain because when PD promised 'monthly updates' they didn't say they had to be 'content filled'. Best way to not be disappointed, don't expect a thing.

Well no one better complain because when PD promised 'monthly updates' they didn't say they had to be 'content filled'. Best way to not be disappointed, don't expect a thing.
True that. Totally agree with ya. 👍

Look at what he said in NeoGaf (this is from the 1.12 update)

So I guess he finds no use sticking around here.
Jeez, well that pretty much kills the fun of 'Undocumented Changes'. Seeing what cars are in, etc were the best part of getting updates...

YZF
Firstly they break, then they fix. And everyone are so happy. Good Job! :D
Then they'll release a new update only to release it with tons of bugs then fix it 2 weeks later... When will PD ever learn that releasing a half-done update doesn't win back your fanbase. Releasing a perfect update with content that was suppose to be released months ago with little to no bugs is what you're supppose to do. Something I've been endlessly waiting for since December 6th.

Oh god... I've finally become negative... Now all that's left is for me to buy a PS4 and promote the wonderful and fantastically put together Project CARS title till the day I die...

Well, if they planned an update for October it isn't this one.

Oh god... I've finally become negative... Now all that's left is for me to buy a PS4 and promote the wonderful and fantastically put together Project CARS title till the day I die...

And don't forget to blindly spew nonsense on how it'll "Destroy GT" (regardless of the fact that neither game is even on the same generation system).

And don't forget to blindly spew nonsense on how it'll "Destroy GT" (regardless of the fact that neither game is even on the same generation system).
I wouldn't go that far. Common sense would prevail and realise that you shouldn't compare something that's outdated to something like the PS4. Plus isn't that @John_Marsten's job?

I just tried watching three different users replays from the LFA Seasonal Event. It still spins its wheels for a long time and then gives me an error. :banghead:

Now they've got their monthly update out of the way in the first day of October... However.... if it just fixes a few bugs, it should've been a HotFix or v1.12.1. This is a bit suspicious...

These bugs can't be corrected by a "hotfix".
So they released an update. There are no suspects.

Now it's not impossible to have another update more consistent towards the end of the month.

In the meantime, thank you PoDi !

These bugs can't be corrected by a "hotfix".
So they released an update. There are no suspects.

Now it's not impossible to have another update more consistent towards the end of the month.

In the meantime, thank you PoDi !
You only adressed half of the statement, what about this one, got an answer for that;
Now they've got their monthly update out of the way in the first day of October... However.... if it just fixes a few bugs, it should've been a HotFix or v1.12.1. This is a bit suspicious...
Hmmm.... they did that in GT5, why not do it in GT6? Oh that's right, it's PD. I haven't been thinking in PD Logic! The logic that's completely backwards it's not funny!!

Back