Update 1.13 is here, fixes sound/crashing bugs

Then they'll release a new update only to release it with tons of bugs then fix it 2 weeks later... When will PD ever learn that releasing a half-done update doesn't win back your fanbase. Releasing a perfect update with content that was suppose to be released months ago with little to no bugs is what you're supppose to do. Something I've been endlessly waiting for since December 6th.

Oh god... I've finally become negative... Now all that's left is for me to buy a PS4 and promote the wonderful and fantastically put together Project CARS title till the day I die...
You sure you dont meant driveclub?

You only adressed half of the statement, what about this one, got an answer for that;

Hmmm.... they did that in GT5, why not do it in GT6? Oh that's right, it's PD. I haven't been thinking in PD Logic! The logic that's completely backwards it's not funny!!

Don't stress.

This is not the first update that only corrects bugs. There was 1.11.

You sure you dont meant driveclub?
Nope, Project CARS. DriveClub is just a glorified but sophisticated NFS game.

Don't stress.
This is not the first update that only corrects bugs. There was 1.11.
I'm not stressing just peeved at PD for the first time in a long time.

And I know that this isn't the first update that adresses bugs. Even then, why didn't they label it as v1.10.1? But that's my fault for using common sense and not PD Logic.

I recall many GT5 updates that contained no new content nor features, just bug fixes, that had a new number assigned.
Can't say I recall any named x.xx.x though.

Anyway, I don't know the constraints of what can be done via hotfix and what can't.
Do you?
I also don't know the rules governing their update naming convention.
Do you?

And you're seriously getting 'peeved' about this?
Wow.
Some people will complain about absolutely anything it seems.

You are irritated by this ? Really ? :odd:

Gran Turismo 5 had a lot of updates that corrected only bugs and any named x.xx.x. All were assigned a new number.

I prefer PoDi release 1.13 so quickly to fix these bugs instead of waiting for a month just to your "logic".

Not only, don't compare with GT5 but in addition you're wrong.

> Http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-update-2-13-released-fixed-minor-issues/

This is just one example but there are many others.

Finally.... You should stop this ridiculous discussion. Effectively.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bugs can be fixed in either hotfixes or updates.

I just want to try to explain the difference.
Usually most software consists of code and data. It GT6 terms this is the installed files and the data files.
If a bug only requires changes to the data then it can be fixed with a hotfix.
If the bug requires changes to the installed code then an update is required.

These recent fixes and the ones in v1.11 needed an update as the bugs were in the main code.

Yes, it probably would be more appropriate to name this recent once as version 1.12.1 but GT6 doesn't have that sort of versioning so it's simply called version 1.13.

I hope this helps.

I don't know PD's exact development techniques but in my experience its what the difference is between updates and hotfixes/patches.

You are irritated by this ? Really ? :odd:

Gran Turismo 5 had a lot of updates that corrected only bugs and any named x.xx.x. All were assigned a new number.

I prefer PoDi release 1.13 so quickly to fix these bugs instead of waiting for a month just to your "logic".

Not only, don't compare with GT5 but in addition you're wrong.

> Http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-update-2-13-released-fixed-minor-issues/

This is just one example but there are many others.

Finally.... You should stop this ridiculous discussion. Effectively.

That post is 404. Besides, the small patches PD released at the end of GT5's life is to combat hacked cars. ;)

I think PD is doing a good job when it comes to supporting the game. Many developers would just release it and never look into it again. This is why I'm not looking forward to Project Cars a great deal, I remember playing Need For speed Shift 2 that was also created by SMS and that game had virtually no backup from them.

I don't think they ever did fix the steering lag did they? Yeah.. I wouldn't get too excited for Pcars.

I just hope that we will get another update this month because in August (if I remember correctly) we've had 1.11 which was only an update to fix bugs and there was nothing else in it.

I just hope that we will get another update this month because in August (if I remember correctly) we've had 1.11 which was only an update to fix bugs and there was nothing else in it.

The timeframe from one update to the next has been 2 - 6 weeks, not counting the bug fix versions. Wether or not the next update will be ready within the same timeframe depends entirely on the content. I don't think this bug fix should have a huge impact on these things.

I'm hoping for at least a VGT this month. B-spec and online stuff I don't really care about, it's only the course maker now that I'm looking forward to, aside from the VGT's.

The timeframe from one update to the next has been 2 - 6 weeks, not counting the bug fix versions. Wether or not the next update will be ready within the same timeframe depends entirely on the content. I don't think this bug fix should have a huge impact on these things.
We will get bro. Don't worry 👍
I hope it won't have an impact on anything because it'll be quite disapointing to only have an update that only fixed bugs. We're only the 1st, so we still have 30 days for an update with some content.

I think PD is doing a good job when it comes to supporting the game. Many developers would just release it and never look into it again. This is why I'm not looking forward to Project Cars a great deal, I remember playing Need For speed Shift 2 that was also created by SMS and that game had virtually no backup from them.

I don't think they ever did fix the steering lag did they? Yeah.. I wouldn't get too excited for Pcars.
Luckily many in the pCARS subfourm are a part of its development (plus fans of sim racing games worldwide), because from what I've heard, there is no steering input lag in the handling of the game whatsoever anymore. Plus the physics have vastly improved. So I wouldn't worry too much.

Anyways. PD: As promised when releasing updates every month, we released an update that fixes only said issues for this month. Soooo, see you next month.

:sly:

Luckily many in the pCARS subfourm are a part of its development (plus fans of sim racing games worldwide), because from what I've heard, there is no steering input lag in the handling of the game whatsoever anymore. Plus the physics have vastly improved. So I wouldn't worry too much.

Anyways. PD: As promised when releasing updates every month, we released an update that fixes only said issues for this month. Soooo, see you next month.

:sly:

Sad but true, I have my doubts that we will be seeing any major content release this month - maybe a VGT or two.

Course Maker will have to wait until hectic November it seems......

Well, I've had no sound issues so far in the online lobby that I'm in atm, so that's a welcomed bugfix - cheers PD.

Goodbye silent car runs: i work on car sound to get my shifting in transmission, and traction, ya know.

But as far as the community goes, this is what I'm seeing so far.

113lol.jpg

FFB for Logitech on some cars is still broken (tested Lotus 97). *sigh* Another month of putting GT6 on the shelf.

I think we are closing in on the spec 2.0 release. In GT5 1.13 was the last update before 2.0.
GT5 2.0 released October 11, 2011, while the game itself released November 24, 2010.
GT6 released December 6, 2013. Using the same schedule that would put 2.0 at October 23.
Note that the updates for GT5 and GT6 have been following a very similar schedule so far.

This is of course no guarantee at all. But it does show that 2.0 may be around the corner.

As I've said before, personally I think the Course Maker will possibly be the last thing that's listed to be added.
May not be the case of course, which would no doubt be welcomed by many.
But going by the wording on the website, it's been like this for as long as I can remember.
Everything else says "will be added in a future update", while Course Maker says "available at a later stage through an update"
Now I may be reading too much into it, so take it as you will.

Regarding the updates, and from an earlier discussion about GT5 I did some hunting.
And @NW48 will be happy to hear that I did find one GT5 update with 2 names, one of which is x.xx.x

"There is a bit of confusion about what, exactly, to call this latest version of the game. You’ll be prompted to download update “1.13″, though Polyphony Digital’s formal announcement describes it as version “1.12.572″. Regardless, it weighs in at only 1.1MB."
https://www.gtplanet.net/gt5-update-fixes-top-gear-track-new-seasonal-event/

But on a similar note, looking through GT5 updates for the similar period is quite a sobering read.
Essentially GT5 v1.03 came out Dec 6th, and right through to Spec 2.0 which came out Oct 10th.
Almost spot on where we stand now.
And for those in for some light reading, have a look through all those updates and remind yourselves of just how little PD actually did with GT5 through that period and what a bug-fix fest. it was for 'update' after 'update'.
It's all neatly documented in the link below.
https://www.gtplanet.net/tag/gt5-updates/page/2/

As I've said before, personally I think the Course Maker will possibly be the last thing that's listed to be added.
May not be the case of course, which would no doubt be welcomed by many.
But going by the wording on the website, it's been like this for as long as I can remember.
Everything else says "will be added in a future update", while Course Maker says "available at a later stage through an update"
Now I may be reading too much into it, so take it as you will.

Regarding the updates, and from an earlier discussion about GT5 I did some hunting.
And @NW48 will be happy to hear that I did find one GT5 update with 2 names, one of which is x.xx.x

"There is a bit of confusion about what, exactly, to call this latest version of the game. You’ll be prompted to download update “1.13″, though Polyphony Digital’s formal announcement describes it as version “1.12.572″. Regardless, it weighs in at only 1.1MB."
https://www.gtplanet.net/gt5-update-fixes-top-gear-track-new-seasonal-event/

But on a similar note, looking through GT5 updates for the similar period is quite a sobering read.
Essentially GT5 v1.03 came out Dec 6th, and right through to Spec 2.0 which came out Oct 10th.
Almost spot on where we stand now.
And for those in for some light reading, have a look through all those updates and remind yourselves of just how little PD actually did with GT5 through that period and what a bug-fix fest. it was for 'update' after 'update'.
It's all neatly documented in the link below.
https://www.gtplanet.net/tag/gt5-updates/page/2/
So are you's all gonna finally stop jumping down my throat for suggesting something that was largely taken out of context and blown up for others to see then follow their actions.

This update has not fixed the game freezes that I have had since 1.12, in any seasonal TT/DT after 5-10 minutes when choosing to do a manual restart from pausing the run, as soon as I hit the X button for restart the game freezes, my only option is the consoles off button for a reset.

This is positive news from PD. Unfortunate the bugs happened to begin with but it demonstrates a sense of urgency on their part to remedy the situation. Also might show in an indirect way that they are keeping a close eye on this forum and monitoring our feedback after each update.

Back