Update 1.14 Undocumented Changes Thread

Are any of the Holdens or XR8 been updated? Does the Commodore SS with Racing exhaust still sound like a 4cylinder?
It's been established already that the only things that have changed are how the sounds are delivered, not the samples themselves. V12s will still sound like V10s and some cars sound like something completely different still.

I know for a fact the cars handle differently than they did before, no way on earth could i drift the stock cars like i usually do after i got this update. I never drift any of the cars upgraded because they are horrid to drift(way to snappy). Drifting the stock cars is a dream though (right amount of torque), i could literally hold the car sideways with the throttle fully open, balancing it on max torque, then just as the car is going to snap back straight i would keep my throttle (fully open) but recentre the steering just in time to prevent it spearing off in the other direction. That is almost impossible to do with fully upgraded cars, you have to lift off right as the car is going to snap back.. Now i can not do that without having to learn the steering holding points again (they have moved) BELIEVE ME! i couldn't do the stuff i was great at before after the update was installed. I am actually stunned that only one other person has noticed the change. Its actually really obvious to me. Everyone goes on about physics yet hardly anyone noticed this. I take on bored what you say here and that you and others have decided what you all think. But on this occasion my friend, i am most definitely sticking to my guns. I know i am correct and i know Jimmy pop is correct. Its possible to catch the fully upgraded cars when they start sliding now without always having to lift off the throttle, like before. One way you could test this is to uninstall the update and try the game with a controller then reinstall the update and try it again with a controller. you will see i am correct.

I don't. But you are free to go ahead and believe what you want. I'm not going to get into a big, drawn out discussion about this as there is really no way to prove it one way or the other. So in this case, to each their own I guess, think what you want. :cheers:

I do think that the BRZ GT300 drives and feels different, so the user that mentioned might be up to something. I drive the car on average 6-8 hours per week in endurance sessions online....

Else it might be the FF being slightly changed again?

I do think that the BRZ GT300 drives and feels different, so the user that mentioned might be up to something. I drive the car on average 6-8 hours per week in endurance sessions online....

Else it might be the FF being slightly changed again?

The handling of that hasn't changed for me feels exactly the same i also have spent a lot of time with it i use a ds3 dad so i dont feel ffb etc but it handles exactly the same to me. Placebo Effect i think

The handling of that hasn't changed for me feels exactly the same i also have spent a lot of time with it i use a ds3 dad so i dont feel ffb etc but it handles exactly the same to me. Placebo Effect i think

I go with DFGT so i can't talk for a pad user... I do feel something different, it might just be they touched the FFB again on some cars?

I go with DFGT so i can't talk for a pad user... I do feel something different, it might just be they touched the FFB again on some cars?

That could be entirely possible, sold my rig a long time ago i couldn't comment on that. i can only express my experience with a pad. not saying your wrong :P

Sure np mate, it might be just me, just on some wheels or maybe disconfort now that the car sounds different after this audio update... As i said i usually race it around 6 to 8 hours per week training for the endurance serie i host so even a smallchange can be easily felt.

When replaying on cockpit view, it is now possible to see the back details of your car that you cant in the normal gameplay. Ex. Deltawing.

But the side views are no longer available in replays (see my report #254 on page 9).

I think it's a change to FR cars, as 4WD, FF and MR feel the same to me.
Deffo the 4WD, and FR, not tried the FF though. When the FR break loose they are now easier to catch/counter. countering over-steer before was pretty tricky and you kinda had to lift off the throttle to avoid that spearing off in the direction you were counter steering in when the car was going to flick back straight. but now its much more forgiving, you can keep the throttle fully open and catch the over steer. The fully upgraded nissan r35 gt3 is massively different, in fact all the fully upgraded gt3 cars feel massively better and more realistic than they did before. Its as though they kinda settled that hard to deal with pendulum effect down. The cars deffo feel more realistic. the down force on the rear wing of the fully upgraded gt3 cars has massively increased.
I mentioned it on you tube and got a reply from someone who said "i don't think there is any change to the physics" i went to reply to him and he had removed his comment, lol. I am presuming he isn't sure now. Guys, i am sticking to my guns big time on this one, The cars handle differently now, and to me they feel bigger, more stable, and much less twitchy. I only raced stock set cars in gt6 since i bought the game, as i hated the fully upgraded cars in this title for being so sligshotty, but now i love the upgraded cars, more than the stock set cars. How has that happened over night?

Does it not say "the true to life feeling of racing has been improved so you can enjoy the new track even more" in the update info? something like that anyway. I will put a million dollars on it that no one can find solid proof to disprove what i am stating to be the case here. We need to ask the big man himself. I deffo think that most if not all people who play this title are using wheels, wonder if its more noticeable when using controller. I will try it with wheel tonight.
Just for the record, i am highly, HIGHLY critical when it comes to racing game physics, and think gt6 was always good but not mind blowing. Since the update this feels like a completely new, faaaar better title to me now, it now feels like VERY accurate simulation to me, right up there with other high rated sims i know. .I also noted that cars when spinning appear to be spinning round much slower than they did before. Like i said, they feel bigger and heavier, less toy like.

Deffo the 4WD, and FR, not tried the FF though. When the FR break loose they are now easier to catch/counter. countering over-steer before was pretty tricky and you kinda had to lift off the throttle to avoid that spearing off in the direction you were counter steering in when the car was going to flick back straight. but now its much more forgiving, you can keep the throttle fully open and catch the over steer. The fully upgraded nissan r35 gt3 is massively different, in fact all the fully upgraded gt3 cars feel massively better and more realistic than they did before. Its as though they kinda settled that hard to deal with pendulum effect down. The cars deffo feel more realistic. the down force on the rear wing of the fully upgraded gt3 cars has massively increased.
I mentioned it on you tube and got a reply from someone who said "i don't think there is any change to the physics" i went to reply to him and he had removed his comment, lol. I am presuming he isn't sure now. Guys, i am sticking to my guns big time on this one, The cars handle differently now, and to me they feel bigger, more stable, and much less twitchy. I only raced stock set cars in gt6 since i bought the game, as i hated the fully upgraded cars in this title for being so sligshotty, but now i love the upgraded cars, more than the stock set cars. How has that happened over night?

Does it not say "the true to life feeling of racing has been improved so you can enjoy the new track even more" in the update info? something like that anyway. I will put a million dollars on it that no one can find solid proof to disprove what i am stating to be the case here. We need to ask the big man himself. I deffo think that most if not all people who play this title are using wheels, wonder if its more noticeable when using controller. I will try it with wheel tonight.
Just for the record, i am highly, HIGHLY critical when it comes to racing game physics, and think gt6 was always good but not mind blowing. Since the update this feels like a completely new, faaaar better title to me now, it now feels like VERY accurate simulation to me, right up there with other high rated sims i know. .I also noted that cars when spinning appear to be spinning round much slower than they did before. Like i said, they feel bigger and heavier, less toy like.

I highly doubt it or the boards would be awash with people complaining of either broken tunes or there tunes are now mysterious a 1 or 2 seconds faster. the reality there hasn't been any changes physics wise implemented. this is something pd would tell us about i doubt pd wouldnt mention due to the implications it has on a performance level of peoples times. since GTP_CargoRatt has tested this as well as being a respected member here for a long time i am more inclined to agree with him. very sorry but i think you may be wrong sticking to your guns wont make you right

Last edited:

You could say 'more difficult'? Well, on the first day of 1.14, i got my R8 5.2 stock, at Suzuka, to make some replays in a joystick (lazy to get the wheel)...Too hard to drive..( i get my 370Z for this mission).

I highly doubt it or the boards would be awash with people complaining of either broken tunes or there tunes are now mysterious a 1 or 2 seconds faster. the reality there hasn't been any changes physics wise implemented. this is something pd would tell us about i doubt pd wouldnt mention due to the implications it has on a performance level of peoples times. since GTP_CargoRatt has tested this as well as being a respected member here for a long time i am more inclined to agree with him. very sorry but i think you man be wrong sticking to your guns wont make you right

Why do people always presume that a change in physics is going to result in different lap times? It might, it might not, it depends on what's changed. Most of the changes we've seen in GT6 to the physics have been to the "low traction" physics (when the car is sideways) which makes it easier to catch a slide. If your car is sliding, your lap time is already shot so being able to recover the slide faster isn't going to improve your fastest time. They've also been very subtle changes, not everyone would immediately notice them.

Also, the more heavily tuned the car, the less you're going to feel subtle changes in the physics because you've change the natural characteristics of the car. You'll feel it the most in un-tuned cars, as some have suggested. Mr. Ratt said all the cars he tested are heavily tuned, therefore he's not going to feel minute changes to the physics.

I had a brief go with a couple FR un-tuned cars after 1.14 was released and I immediately noticed some subtle differences to how the cars felt, slightly heavier and slightly more planted. Nothing that I felt would give me faster laps, but it did make me feel a little more confident tossing it into a turn at high speed because I didn't feel like the back end was as eager to devolve into a tank-slapper.

Obviously, I'm no professional, but neither is anyone else here so all of our opinions are just that.......opinions.

Personally i felt nothing new and business as usual , logic dictates if the physics have been improve that's is something to be proud about and it would be documented by Pd but second thoughts Pd was never the best with logic , and the guessing game continues, i am willing to change my opinion but i haven't experienced it myself :cheers:

This is the part where all the professionals appear & claim they've flown a space rocket with an atari 2600 joystick & disagree with you :)

And before you know it we're on page 174 & no one's none the wiser so lets just let people believe what they want to believe.

Yeah that takes me back i remember when gaming was simple :D
e Atari-2600-Joystick.jpg

Probably old news, but for the first time I really felt brake fading while under heavy braking with an E60 M5.

I'm going to make a separate thread for this and take it to the wider community and see what they say. Just so you know, there's have been many threads like that over the months and years of GT5/6 and outside of official announcements by PD, I believe we've generally concluded there were no changes to the physics.

EDIT: Thread UP

Last edited:
When replaying on cockpit view, it is now possible to see the back details of your car that you cant in the normal gameplay. Ex. Deltawing.

Already possible since release.

The point is previously it was replaced with a back bumper view. Now its really a drivers eye so its pitch black.

Like I said, its because the HSV does not have a rear window. You're not looking at pitch black space, you're looking at the Firewall that I showed you in the picture. Its only the HSVs that are affected and the only reason they had the bumper cams was because in real life that's where the rear camera sits.

Okay. About that glitch, you know for several cars the back view should be like this:

Go out di DU Custom Image.jpg

Thats what you see on the normal gameplay. However, on the replay, begining with this patch, you can now intentionally see the details of your car. For example:

HSV:
Go oh do gay Custom Image.jpg

DeltaWing:
Go out at stop or do Custom Image.jpg

KTM X-Bow:
No oh gi di Custom Image.jpg

Sadly, or strangely, not all cars are affected. For example Mazda 787B and Toyota TS030.

Back