Update 1.15 (589MB)

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 326 comments
:lol: I have 6 people on this page on my ignore list... this thread has stopped making sense!

That should be the measure for the quality of the threads around here.

"Ok, so all my ignored people have posted nonsensical rubbish here? Welp, time to click that "Unwatched Thread button"..." :lol:

Slightly disappointing! I said before GT6 came out that they should strip it back and go for 500ish quality premiums so it felt fresh. All new tracks, bla bla.

That said now that I've played it I completely agree with Kaz's standpoint and I'm happy he took the direction he did. I've very much enjoyed many a standard car, and as he said there are fans of such cars that would more than likely be disappointed without them. Seems like a blemish on next gen, but probably one I can live with ;)

Coming back to 1.15 and I'm really enjoying the direction Gran Turismo is taking right now. Boundaries need to be pushed and the inclusion of the 2X was a masterstroke. I'm sure industry professionals are privy to other kinds of prototypes and advances in car technology but I feel a lot more engaged as a bystander and it's thanks to GT. I really enjoy the behind the scenes videos that come with these VGT cars and personally I'd like to see that expanded.

GT already does a good job of giving you a brief history and a real sense of heritage with their car descriptions, not to mention all the facts and figures you could want. I'd like to see more movies for all the manufacturers and showcases for new cars entering the franchise.

I have confidence in their future plans and wherever they go from here I want to be part of it, GT feels more like a movement than a video game these days. Industry acolade, prototype projects, a full bodied driver program, thier involvement in motor racing directly and so on. I will be disappointed with things along the way, and I'm sure my mind will be blown again too, either way they fully deserve my respect and loyalty. 👍

That said now that I've played it I completely agree with Kaz's standpoint and I'm happy he took the direction he did. I've very much enjoyed many a standard car, and as he said there are fans of such cars that would more than likely be disappointed without them. Seems like a blemish on next gen, but probably one I can live with ;)
That's the kind of thinking I have when I'm buying something that's an older model or at a severe discount and I'm willing to trade off features or functionality for cost savings. When I'm going out to purchase something I really want, something I plan on keeping and using for a long time and hopefully gaining a lot of enjoyment from it, I have a set of criteria and only consider buying those things that meet that criteria. The real question is would you buy the game without standard cars, not whether you'd buy it with standard cars and just live with it

I still want a definitive answer on this, not a "Unlikely" as that interview shows or "probably". Because I've yet to see what a standard looks like on GT7 or a definite Yes or no as to if they are actually in, I'm still waiting. That and I'm also waiting for the PS4 price to go down because clearly the "win it for free" Strategy has failed me for the 2nd year in a row.

I still want a definitive answer on this, not a "Unlikely" as that interview shows or "probably". Because I've yet to see what a standard looks like on GT7 or a definite Yes or no as to if they are actually in, I'm still waiting. That and I'm also waiting for the PS4 price to go down because clearly the "win it for free" Strategy has failed me for the 2nd year in a row.

You're unlikely to get one until just before release. PD/Sony must know that it's a hot topic amongst GT fans, and so if they're smart they'll leave it as late as possible and announce it at the same time as some other very exciting feature, presumably something graphically amazing.

Getting in 6 months before release and saying "Yes, we will be having PS2 cars in our PS4 game" would seem like commercial suicide.

You don't have to wait for PCars. Even GT Legends and GTR2 are way better than GT6. (though on a PC)
Graphics are pretty good even now if you adjust them right and you can download all the cars and tracks automatically from Pilsbierbude.
If anything, the focus on graphics and scenery in GT6 was a waste of time as the game itself is really shallow and not long lasting like GTR2. With GTR2 you can adjust everything in a race to give you whatever type of race you need and against whatever cars you want. You don't need season races.
PD even left out tyre wear, fuel use and one make races in offline mode to make the experience even more boring.
Those games you mentioned just feature a bunch of racing cars. There are no regular street legal cars which is the big difference to Gran Turismo.
I dont know any longer lasting Game then Gran Turismo, just single driving the different cars on various tracks let me play the game since release, the same as i played GT5 from release tonthe release of GT6.
The ability to test so many different cars on so many different tracks with the great graphics, physics and that feel of GT are such a huge apeal to me that i just can laugh about people who are saying that ,,racing game x is in every way better than GT' [though it only features a few racing only cars...]''

You just cant compare every racing game to GT - because none of them have the scale of it!
The only game really similar to GT is Forza, but thats it - no PC Game has to offer what GT (or Forza) lays on the table!

,,racing game x is in every way better than GT' [though it only features a few racing only cars...]''

Point me to where anyone says that.

Anyone with a basic knowledge of how numbers work will acknowledge that GT's main strength is it's huge car and track list. There is no other game with that many unique cars in it (with the exception of moddable games on PC). There's probably a few with more tracks, but it's right up there.

If big amounts of content is what does it for you, no one will argue that GT6 is a great game. However, in just about any other area (bar photomode, which it also does very well) GT almost always comes off second best. If you're interested in things other than lots of cars/tracks or photomode, then there's a game out there that does it better than GT.

GT Legends is a great example, actually. It takes mildly tuned versions of road cars and puts you in a race series. The racing is pretty engaging, the selection of cars is small but fairly balanced and the cars are interesting ones that you've likely heard of if you're into cars, and the tracks featured are a good selection of famous ones and interesting-but-relatively-unknown ones. It's a good "racing" game, one of those areas where GT doesn't do so well and therefore a good suggestion for people who are dissatisfied with GT to try.

There is no game that is better than GT in all areas, just as GT is not the best game in all areas. It's completely sensible to recommend games such as GTR2 and GTL to people who aren't that keen on GT6, because there's a good chance that they'll enjoy it (and also they're so cheap that you might as well give them a go).

Point me to where anyone says that.).

-->
You don't have to wait for PCars. Even GT Legends and GTR2 are way better than GT6. (though on a PC)...

GT doesnt just feature huge amount of cars and tracks. It also features a great driving experiece many other things that are great.

Someone cant just say his Girlfriend is way better than mine just because her hair smells better. There are other things on girls to consider... ;)

Last edited:

He didn't say in every way. He said they're better games. A game doesn't have to be better in every way to be a better game. You intentionally misrepresented what he said. That's called a strawman, intentionally misrepresenting what someone else has said so that it's easier to defeat.

It's a subjective opinion that GTR2 and GTL are better games than GT6, so obviously everyone isn't going to agree, but I happen to agree with him. GT6 does some things very well, but it's not a very good game. GTR2 and GTL are much more focussed and tend to do a better job of generating fun experiences, that being the primary purpose of a game in my opinion. GT6 does a good job if you happen to enjoy very specific things, but even then it really requires the player to make significant effort to create their own fun rather than the game itself placing you in fun situations.

On balance, I'd consider GTR2 and GTL to be better games, but depending on what people find most important in their car game I could understand how someone might like GT6 more. But if I were recommending a game to random car guy/girl, I'd tell them to spend $2 on GTL before I'd tell them to spend $20 on GT6.

It's a subjective opinion that GTR2 and GTL are better games than GT6, so obviously everyone isn't going to agree, but I happen to agree with him. GT6 does some things very well, but it's not a very good game. GTR2 and GTL are much more focussed and tend to do a better job of generating fun experiences, that being the primary purpose of a game in my opinion. GT6 does a good job if you happen to enjoy very specific things, but even then it really requires the player to make significant effort to create their own fun rather than the game itself placing you in fun situations.

I have played GTR2, and I agree. The racing for one is much better, more challenging thanks to the AI and the car damage which, sadly for GT6 offline, is turned off. The car grids are pretty big as well, you have practice, qualifying... basically things you need in a racing game.

New Sierra...
infiniti-concept-vision-gt-5.jpg

Those games you mentioned just feature a bunch of racing cars. There are no regular street legal cars which is the big difference to Gran Turismo.
<snip>
You just cant compare every racing game to GT - because none of them have the scale of it!
The only game really similar to GT is Forza, but thats it - no PC Game has to offer what GT (or Forza) lays on the table!

It all depends on what you are looking for in a racing game. If you enjoy driving/hot lapping/collecting street cars than Gran Turismo is for you. If you want anything resembling proper racing - specifically offline - then you're better off looking elsewhere. The real shame is that GT could satisfy both cravings if only Kaz would decide to give any attention to racing.

I just got into GTR2 and it is amazing! Class racing, full race weekends, pit stops/driver swaps, damage, flag system, custom championships, and a boatload of add-on tracks? Yes, please! Just driving Porsches and the Corvette C5-R makes my day. When it comes to racing, GTR2 is light years ahead of GT6, so in that sense it is the better game.

-->

GT doesnt just feature huge amount of cars and tracks. It also features a great driving experiece many other things that are great.

Someone cant just say his Girlfriend is way better than mine just because her hair smells better. There are other things on girls to consider... ;)
One only considers GT a "great driving experience" up until the point they try most PC sims and realize just how drab it really is. My first go at Assetto Corsa over the summer on a very low end PC was like revelation. The driving experience was better in every single way except for graphics because the PC I was using wasn't up to scratch. The difference in FFB alone was incredible, it was like having a brand new G27. I literally had to relearn how to drive a virtual car quickly because GT had taught me a series of bad videogame driving habits that don't work with real cars and don't work in other games. Thankfully the mistakes I was making moved me towards a much more intuitive driving style wherein the car reacted as it would much closer to real life and away from the feel of a video game like GT.

So yes, I can say my girlfriend is way better than yours because her hair smells better, her lips are fuller, her cheeks are rosier, her bosom is fuller and she makes me feel much better when I take her for a ride. Her only downside is she's a little more high maintenance and at times can be difficult to get along with but she's worth the effort. :lol:

New Sierra...
infiniti-concept-vision-gt-5.jpg
New, but impossible to run in a weak PS3. We'll see it probably in GT7/PS4. If PD is going to maintain the Circuito de la Sierra in GT of course...
But also it would be an edited photo with the new Infiniti running at Sierra.

One only considers GT a "great driving experience" up until the point they try most PC sims and realize just how drab it really is. My first go at Assetto Corsa over the summer on a very low end PC was like revelation. The driving experience was better in every single way except for graphics because the PC I was using wasn't up to scratch. The difference in FFB alone was incredible, it was like having a brand new G27. I literally had to relearn how to drive a virtual car quickly because GT had taught me a series of bad videogame driving habits that don't work with real cars and don't work in other games. Thankfully the mistakes I was making moved me towards a much more intuitive driving style wherein the car reacted as it would much closer to real life and away from the feel of a video game like GT.

So yes, I can say my girlfriend is way better than yours because her hair smells better, her lips are fuller, her cheeks are rosier, her bosom is fuller and she makes me feel much better when I take her for a ride. Her only downside is she's a little more high maintenance and at times can be difficult to get along with but she's worth the effort. :lol:
Ok ok, at least it still seems that i have the more sexy looking girl :D

Edit:
Because of the graphics, you know

Last edited:
Ok ok, at least it still seems that i have the more sexy looking girl :D
Debatable. Yours is riding around in an 95' Camaro, mine is in a Ferrari FXX. Even if your girl were a little prettier in some lighting conditions, mine is the far better overall package.:lol:

Oh great, another 11 hours of pointless downloading for a video and a car or two. Still haven't done the latest one, probably won't bother update it, would take a full day. Annoying, I can only play offline which is crap.

Sorry for such a negative attitude, hey it's christmas!

Oh great, another 11 hours of pointless downloading for a video and a car or two. Still haven't done the latest one, probably won't bother update it, would take a full day. Annoying, I can only play offline which is crap.

Sorry for such a negative attitude, hey it's christmas!
11 hours? Wow, you must have potato internet.

Oh great, another 11 hours of pointless downloading
Since I did it in 4 minutes, and my internet isn't any more than good, I'm surprised your internet can support anything at all.

Back