URL Limits

Dragonwhisky

Premium
United States
the land of green, hills, rocks & whiskey
Dragonwhisky
I'm planning a rather large post and wondering if there is a limit to the number of URL links in a single post?

I'd hate to get it all written up and "coded" in, only to find I have to rebuild it into multiple posts.

User permissions show a maximum of 5 links IN YOUR SIGNATURE but I'm not seeing a limit for a post. The closest thing is a limit on the number of people you can tag.

EDIT: I removed them but I was able to post 100 links to amazon.com. 👍

There is no maximum number of links a post can include; however, there is a maximum of 150,000 characters, including BB code.

Roger that. Thanks to both of you for the timely response. The initial document will be written in MS Word so I'll keep an eye on the character count. Haven't counted the number of links there will be but I have about 13 pages of notes and URLs in the research doc.

edit: Think I'll have room on the character count. Research doc has a bit less than 30,000 characters with the links. URL tags will add ten to each link, which should be the bulk of the count.

May have to actually count the links though.

edit2: Not much research left to do and there are only 118 links to include, at the moment.

Thanks again guys. The information certainly relieves a concern I had.

Last edited:
:lol: 'Fraid your hope is in vain. Calibri 11pt font and whatever Word 2007's default line spacing is. Think 1.5? Might only be 1? Doesn't matter. I think I'll be hard pressed to hit that 150K limit. We'll see. I haven't even started the rough draft. Still have a couple more months of posts to review for content.

:lol: 'Fraid your hope is in vain. Calibri 11pt font and whatever Word 2007's default line spacing is. Think 1.5? Might only be 1? Doesn't matter. I think I'll be hard pressed to hit that 150K limit. We'll see. I haven't even started the rough draft. Still have a couple more months of posts to review for content.

Calibri? Pssh. Comic Sans is where it's at.

Didn't even come anywhere near close. The count below is copying from the GTP BB Code editor mode and pasting into MS Word 2007 and peeking the counts from the Review Tab.
NotEvenClose.PNG

Thanks to all who responded here. Times New Roman is my preferred font as well. Ain't fartin' around with BB code every time I post however.

Back