User contributed Gran Turismo Magazine

• Thread starter Schwadegan
  • 975 comments
Sweden
Sweden
Just in time before you meet Santa and open all of your Christmas gifts, I present to you: GTlife #3 with a whopping 46 pages of all Gran Turismo related content! Happy reading & a Merry Christmas to you all! :)

For those who are having trouble viewing the imagelinks to download;
Official GTPlanet download mirror (tba)
http://issuu.com/schwadegan/docs/gtlife_23-12-2011
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3111531/GTlife/23122011/GTlife_23-12-2011.pdf

----------------

The second issue of GTlife is now available for download! Thanks to everyone who helped me creating this Magazine! 👍
I hope you will enjoy it as mush as I do :cheers:

Official GTPlanet download mirror
http://issuu.com/schwadegan/docs/gtlife_12-06-2011
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3111531/GTlife/12062011/GTlife_12-06-2011.pdf

----------------

The moment you all have been waiting for is finally here! :gtpflag:

http://download.gtpla.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/GTlife_14-02-2011.pdf
http://issuu.com/schwadegan/docs/gtlife_14-02-2011
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3111531/GTlife/14022011/GTlife_14-02-2011.pdf

I am proud to present the first edition of GTlife, now available for download! I hope you'll find it a enjoyable read, and remember; don't hesitate to let me know what you think.
Yet again I want to take the opportunity to thank everyone who has contributed in creating this awesome magazine. :cheers:

(To those of you who didn't get your article featured in this issue, have no worries, they'll most certainly be in for the next. :))

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

For a while now I've been reading the gtplanet forum, and recently started to post some replies myself.
Once GT5 was released sites like Flickr started to gather up photomode enthusiasts who showed their beautiful cars in game and details from tracks I'd never even noticed before!

Long before this I had the idea of displaying the beauty of the cars represented in Gran Turismo in an (print ready) ebook style magazine like epub or pdf.

Today I set the ground rules for this project which will mainly contain images by drivers of GT5 who want to share their work, but also those of you who would like to write something appropriate for a publication like this one. For example an intriguing race report or perhaps an article about your favourite car in the game, your real car compared to the one in the game, the evolution of a certain car in the series, and so on - the topics are many and yours to choose.

I'll under some time gather the generated content as well as producing some of my own and put it together as one piece where each one of the participants will be equally contributed.

So what say you, anyone out there who would be interested in participating? :)

----------------

I've gotten a lot of positive response so I thought I'd list some of the ideas for articles mentioned in the thread;
(Remember: You don't need to or should do anything besides providing the text and/or images since I'll do, with your feedback, the assembly of all the gathered content to one single magazine. This due to the fact that we want a publication with a cohesive feel for design and style.)

Writing an article is open to anyone who would like to do so. All that is expected is that you write in a proper readable way on a subject related to the Gran Turismo franchise in some way.
Note that this list does not necessarily represent what articles currently being written, and even so - you could write your own story on the subject!

----------------

How to send in articles and footage

Articles
When you've finished writing an article and read through it once or twice to eliminate bad grammar and spelling mistakes, make sure you've included the name you'd like to be credited by (your real name, or a combination), gtplanet username must be included (used by me to keep track of writers). Save it as either .txt or .doc.
Then go ahead and send it to granturismo.mag@gmail.com and await confirmation.
Upon reply you'll be given feedback about the material, such as an approval of content or feedback of suggested improvements.
Remember, as stated above, you don't need to or should do anything besides providing the text and/or images since I'll do, with your feedback, the assembly of all the gathered content to one single magazine.
Once all eventual questions or problems have been sorted out, you article is cleared for print so to speak. :)
(a good thing to keep in mind is that about 430 words and a normal sized picture fit nicely on a single page.)

Footage
There are some things you should consider before sending your images to granturismo.mag@gmail.com.
  • Unedited images directly from the game are fine as is.
  • Upon editing the images in for example Photoshop, make sure they hold at least 150dpi or higher.
  • All images should be saved as .jpg
  • Upon sending a larger amount of images, please put them in a .zip file
For now these are the basic boundaries I can think of. Might add a few more later on if we bump into any difficulties.

Any questions related to these rules can be asked in this thread or directly to granturismo.mag@gmail.com if you're more comfortable that way.

Last edited:
Sounds interesting. I'm assuming people would just write indudivual pages in the form ofword documents and these would be compiled into a downloadable PDF.

Sounds interesting. I'm assuming people would just write indudivual pages in the form ofword documents and these would be compiled into a downloadable PDF.

That would be correct. Any notepad, open office or something equivalent to them would do the trick. Then the content would be collected and put together as one unite piece in the form of a magazine.

This is a superb idea. Having insights into how other people play the game, favourite cars and tracks etc, would be fantastic

I will definitely contribute the odd article. Maybe sections with exclusive tunes from some tuners (LDP, RKM, etc)

I'm psyched you like the concept, really great to hear! The more people contributing the better!

This is a superb idea. Having insights into how other people play the game, favourite cars and tracks etc, would be fantastic
Yes, I believe so too. It'd be kind of a new perspective of the GT genre.

I will definitely contribute the odd article. Maybe sections with exclusive tunes from some tuners (LDP, RKM, etc)
I think that sounds like a great idea to include some of the most beloved tunes and tips for tuning on your own.

Damn, I really wish I had more free time, as I would offer to compile and assemble most of the graphics and articles. This sounds like a great idea, just wish I had time to contribute.

I would be very interested in writing a regular column called The Junker Files (doesn't have to be that name, just an idea). In every publication I could write a small article about an off-beat low-powered car I've found, what parts/tune I put on it, and why it's so much fun to drive. Stuff like the '68 Isuzu 117 Coupe, '86 Toyota MR2 1600, etc. I'd also be willing to provide a cool action shot of each car.

Christmas Special Part I: Evo Article

(click on images for full-size)
_________________________​

...something like these? Or something that might actually help people advance in their game, and less about making up pretend stories? :lol:

I did them for my Photomode Gallery, but either way, more straight game-oriented or the way I did it, this is a cool idea to me :).

I think once i get back home i'll make up an article, but if you need pictures, feel free to use any from my gallery.

Damn, I really wish I had more free time, as I would offer to compile and assemble most of the graphics and articles. This sounds like a great idea, just wish I had time to contribute.

No need to do it all, rather compose a single article worth reading when you have some time to spare if you wish. As for now there's no deadline whatsoever. :)

I would be very interested in writing a regular column called The Junker Files (doesn't have to be that name, just an idea). In every publication I could write a small article about an off-beat low-powered car I've found, what parts/tune I put on it, and why it's so much fun to drive. Stuff like the '68 Isuzu 117 Coupe, '86 Toyota MR2 1600, etc. I'd also be willing to provide a cool action shot of each car.

All concepts of articles so far sounds very interesting as far as I'm concerned. Besides, who doesn't love a well tuned Isuzu 117 Coupe!

...something like these? Or something that might actually help people advance in their game, and less about making up pretend stories? :lol:

I did them for my Photomode Gallery, but either way, more straight game-oriented or the way I did it, this is a cool idea to me :).

This would be a non-fictional stories, for example "How I battled for the lead in the Historic car cup and finally made it to first place", or something like that. But would also include articles with images of cars and some trivia. Perhaps even some setup tutorials/suggestions as previously mentioned.

I would definitely contribute.I might write about cars that I personally like or are technological milestones, and I may even do some Top Gear style tests, thatmay be rather stupid...

No need to do it all, rather compose a single article worth reading when you have some time to spare if you wish. As for now there's no deadline whatsoever. :)

Ya hopefully I can find some time and do something similar to SlipZtrEm's post(nice articles btw) and contribute in the future.

Ya hopefully I can find some time and do something similar to SlipZtrEm's post(nice articles btw) and contribute in the future.

Remember you don't have to assemble the article, only send in the text and images if you've got any.

Well i got sometime, and i think im going to write an article about my Skyline GT-R. I got the first page done, i think i'll have about 3 or 4 if that's alright.

Haha, I haven't thought about a name yet. Anyone who have a suggestion are welcome to let me know. As for now I'll just go with GT magazine I guess...

Count me in. My main suggestion for a regular feature in the mag is a photo album of several photos, each album detailing either a track or a race on that track. We could call it Portraits, seeing as they act as portraits of the tracks and races themselves. Both the race report and the album could be integrated to fill out the whole experience, and to plant the captured moment in the reader's mind.

A question: will their be dedicated staff for this venture, or will it just be volunteer work? I would definitely prefer the latter.

I would love to contribute. I would even do a regular column, maybe reviewing cars, top gear style? Telling readers if it's a good car for the money, how it handles, how good it feels to drive, and then offer my personal opinion of if I like it or not.

It might be a bit too vague, but why not just simply GT? It works well enough for Evo and Car ;). GT Times is good and short too. I had a site years ago that went by GTGarage, but that sort of lends itself to one aspect of the game more than others. Another good idea would be to get a name we all immediately associate with GT in some way, or at the very least, racing in general, even if it doesn't have GT in the name. Overtake could be a name of a column meant for helping readers get past a particular difficult race, for example? Just spit-balling here :).

I would assume, to keep it running on any kind of schedule, there would be a few people regularly attached to it, and then a large rotation group of contributing members? Just my personal thoughts.

Anywho, I'd be interested in helping out Schwadegan, with any graphics or photo related dealings. I could probably write a bit too, the problem there being I find so much of GT Mode an utter chore!

The issue is in finding a name that can represent the entire GT experience. GT works well enough, but we also want this name to be distinct.

I think 5OUL would be cute. We already have it as the name for that Daiki Kaisho chart, and it's simple enough to remember--while showing that this is GT5, and that it got soul.

The issue is in finding a name that can represent the entire GT experience. GT works well enough, but we also want this name to be distinct.

I think 5OUL would be cute. We already have it as the name for that Daiki Kaisho chart, and it's simple enough to remember--while showing that this is GT5, and that it got soul.

Hmmm, while a good point... would you ever seriously consider a magazine that used leet-speak? :lol:. I do like making the connection to something GT-exclusive, though 👍

Driven?
Driving?
Driving Force?

May as well follow up:

Driving Force GT! Okay, haha, that was bad. But, of course, it is the drive of your life. Someone could probably derive a name from that.

Back