User contributed Gran Turismo Magazine

• Thread starter Schwadegan
  • 975 comments
Personally I'd like to see some kind of "a cars evolution" throughout the Gran Turismo series where the writer selects one or more cars and tell the story about the advancements in graphic, handling, how easy or hard it was to obtain the car in earlier games, etc.

I've got that in mind. A series of LM cars from GT1, moving through to GT5. Or just a look back at GT1 in general, to give readers a look at what it really was like.

Personally I don't think the Porsche license has benefitted EA at all.

Let's look at the main competitors.

Dirt ( no not needed )
F1. ( Same as above )
GT ( Won't hurt sales at all )
Forza ( same as above ).

I think they shelled out money for nothing.

Edit. Wrong thread. That was weird.

I'm planning a review of what I will call "The Great American Super Car Battle". I plan to pit a certain Dadge Viper against a Corvette. I should have this completed within 3 weeks. If anybody has any ideas please let me know! :) 👍

GT5 Make-belief Cars: Pack 2 sent in! :D 👍
There's a little bit of muscle, a little bit of luxury and a little more of racing from 2 staple European countries (I'm not saying it's UK and Italy, but it's UK and Italy).

I'm planning a review of what I will call "The Great American Super Car Battle". I plan to pit a certain Dadge Viper against a Corvette. I should have this completed within 3 weeks. If anybody has any ideas please let me know! :) 👍
I vote for Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09 vs Viper SRT10 ACR '08 in the "flagship" category.
And Corvette Z06 (C6) '06 versus Viper SRT10 Coupe '06 in the "flagship's smaller brother" category.
Maybe also even Corvette Z06 (C5) '04 against Viper GTS '02 for the "flagship of yesteryear" category.

Last edited:
blah blah blah

Great idea, by the way I've sent you a PM message with some suggestions. Either PM me back or post here. I hope you like them. :)

TP1
GT5 Make-belief Cars: Pack 2 sent in! :D 👍
There's a little bit of muscle, a little bit of luxury and a little more of racing from 2 staple European countries (I'm not saying it's UK and Italy, but it's UK and Italy).

I vote for Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09 vs Viper SRT10 ACR '08 in the "flagship" category.
And Corvette Z06 (C6) '06 versus Viper SRT10 Coupe '06 in the "flagship's smaller brother" category.
Maybe also even Corvette Z06 (C5) '04 against Viper GTS '02 for the "flagship of yesteryear" category.

This is like. 👍

Schwadegan
I wouldn't say soon. I've gotten a couple of articles so far, but not enough to fill an entire issue.

I'll do my part to help out!
So this morning I started working on 1 article and still thinking of where to take another 1.

EDIT: Both articles have been sent! :D

Last edited:
I wouldn't say soon. I've gotten a couple of articles so far, but not enough to fill an entire issue. Also I need a couple of days to make a rough assembly when there's enough material.

Sounds reasonable, can't wait 👍

If you need anyone to help with anything shoot me a PM or Msg me On PSN, I'd love to help with GTLife :dopey:

Hey Schwadegan!
I've sent you some emails, please reply (not immediately of course :scared: )

The Nurburgring 24hr Online Race by wurks.ca just ended and I asked the teams and organisers to send in their stories/car setups for the magazine! So get ready to (hopefully :dopey: ) be flooded with articles for Issue 4. :D

Last edited:
TP1
So this morning I started working on 1 article and still thinking of where to take another 1.

No offence but I would suggest a bit more quality over quantity. I noticed how many articles from you were featured in the last magazine, and there were some I like, but some rather sounded... pointless. Like they were written mainly to fill in the gaps. So I'd suggest maybe a bit less amount of articles, therefore keeping it more interesting.
I don't want to stop you from writing this stuff and I appreciate how much you help GTlife to fill with articles but it's a bit monotone.

Just saying :)

No offence but I would suggest a bit more quality over quantity. I noticed how many articles from you were featured in the last magazine, and there were some I like, but some rather sounded... pointless. Like they were written mainly to fill in the gaps. So I'd suggest maybe a bit less amount of articles, therefore keeping it more interesting.
I don't want to stop you from writing this stuff and I appreciate how much you help GTlife to fill with articles but it's a bit monotone.

Just saying :)

I welcome constructive criticism. So far every article I've written was done out of pure pleasure and desire to work on each specific topic; you may not share the same interest. You said you felt that there were parts written to fill gaps; like which? Here you can find my articles from Issue 3; please reply here/there and quote or name the parts you didn't seem to like and explain why.
I'll be happy to read your, or anyone elses, suggestions and see how I can improve my writting. :)

Last edited:
Hello, I have a question…

Why was I not asked or even notified about the use of my photograph in GT Life?

Not that I don't like this, I am very happy that y'all chose one of my photographs and all…but I was never, ever asked permission or notified. I only found out a few days ago! :indiff:

Here is the photo in question:

Dooblewasur
Hello, I have a question…

Why was I not asked or even notified about the use of my photograph in GT Life?

Not that I don't like this, I am very happy that y'all chose one of my photographs and all…but I was never, ever asked permission or notified. I only found out a few days ago! :indiff:

Here is the photo in question:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68239947@N07/6307905364/

Men of Honor • Pitcrew by Dooblewasür, on Flickr

My misstake, sorry. :(
I search various groups on Flickr for appropriate photos to feature in the magazine, and I always write for permission (at least I thought I did :P) but in this case I must have messed up the agreement of your photo and someone else's. Again I apologize, but I assure you this was an honest misstake, and I'll be more aware in the future.

Schwadie, I'll be back on the Nurburgring for a few days next week - thinking about a next article, likely something technical, driving technique for low-hp / low-PP cars comes to mind, focusing on how to carry speed in GT 5, or using the three dimensionality of tracks that the game includes very well ... if I don't make the upcoming issue, then it will be in the one after. If you need articles proofread for the next issue, please try me - e.g. if you have any ready ones that you already know you will use, I can look through one or two.

Latest Posts

Back