v1.04 LIVE *READ OP* for Current Changelog

• Thread starter hognhominy
  • 730 comments
Thank you very much my friend. I'll try your settings later today. Question, do you feel PD has created this car with bad virtual parameters?:irked:

The more I read, the more I think this is true. Just like brake balance and the chassis being reversed when making adjustments for under/over steer. I'm starting to think GT6 is a tangled web.:banghead:
It definitely seems that way. You would think that PD would extensively test their own cars, including updates to the physics. Fortunately, we have tuning masters in here to help us out. I hadn't adjusted the R8 yet, raced it with my own twist on the 1.03 setup by Ridox, and it seemed to race the same, though it's possible some of my spinouts weren't due to an anxious gas pedal but some fine tuning I should do. I'll have to make note of Ridox's changes and check them out.

Ridox's tune update did indeed stabilize the car. I guess the Team Oreca car is basically the same as Team phoenix.
There is almost a 100kg different in weight. The Oreca R8 weighs 1,340kg. While the tune did stabilize the action, the car still has some issues at Bathurst. Not the least of which might be me.:lol:

I suspect it would be goof at Brands and still better at Silverstone due to the lack of elevation changes.

I must say that when I tried Ridox's updated tune on the R8 Team Phoenix, it kind of wigged out. I went back to my edit of his 1.03 tune, added some camber, and all was right with the world. I'm not sure why I can't handle the new tune, but for me, the one I posted is very good.

I must say that when I tried Ridox's updated tune on the R8 Team Phoenix, it kind of wigged out. I went back to my edit of his 1.03 tune, added some camber, and all was right with the world. I'm not sure why I can't handle the new tune, but for me, the one I posted is very good.

If the new 1.03 tune with 0.2 front camber is too twitchy ( very responsive front tires ), increase front camber until you feel comfortable, 1.2 would be the max for front camber :) The 1.03 tune was aimed to fastest possible car by running lowest camber at the front possible ( more grip overall ) If you can nail the entry, most of the time you can go all out with the R8 throughout the corner :D Also, never forget to always have some throttle input when braking or coasting mid corner. The tune should allow easy 1:23s at Brands Hatch GP and 2:05s at Bathurst.

For whatever reason, the problem seems to be the LSD. Seems, as I'm assuming from its behavior. When I decelerate, much of the time the rear tires start skipping and dragging randomly, traction is lost and the tail breaks loose. When I set it to a basic 30/30/30 it's quite controllable in all aspects. Going back to my variation of your 1.03 tune, it felt marvelous with front camber about 2. Of course, driving style matters as much as the tune, so there's that.

Some still rave about praiano's setup he made in December, so I thought I'd give it a look too.

I'm just wondering why anyone would have 500 cars? I'm actually glad because then I don't have to move any to the Stockyard. I don't remember seeing that the glitch was fixed.

I've got 156, some of which are the AE cars, a few others as gifts and don't use more than 10% of them. Sure I bought the 10, 15, & 20 Mil. cars with the money glitch but have not used but one of those.

What does a person do with all those cars? I'm not knocking it but am really curious. There still is no news of gifting or trading yet. I hope that comes soon because I have another account that I started from scratch without being able to do the money glitch and finally have 7 mil. credits. I've gotten to the point that I only log in to keep the 200% bonus and race a few races and quit. I hope PD is working hard to give us more updates like the lack of trading and gifting. That was one of my most favorite things about GT5 and GTPlanet.

I'm just wondering why anyone would have 500 cars? I'm actually glad because then I don't have to move any to the Stockyard. I don't remember seeing that the glitch was fixed.

I've got 156, some of which are the AE cars, a few others as gifts and don't use more than 10% of them. Sure I bought the 10, 15, & 20 Mil. cars with the money glitch but have not used but one of those.

What does a person do with all those cars? I'm not knocking it but am really curious. There still is no news of gifting or trading yet. I hope that comes soon because I have another account that I started from scratch without being able to do the money glitch and finally have 7 mil. credits. I've gotten to the point that I only log in to keep the 200% bonus and race a few races and quit. I hope PD is working hard to give us more updates like the lack of trading and gifting. That was one of my most favorite things about GT5 and GTPlanet.

Some players like to collect cars 👍

Personally, I plan to buy about 530 cars :gtpflag:

Anyone else notice how GT likes to get engines wrong?
'65 GT350: The Car Info tab states it has the 289 V8, you do the CC to CI conversion and it has a 260 V8.
AC Cobra: 4998 cc
Shelby Cobra: 4997 cc I know this is trivial, but still.

There's probably more, but I just noticed these.

Back