v1.04 LIVE *READ OP* for Current Changelog

• Thread starter hognhominy
  • 730 comments
I thought it was just me. I took it around Brands Hatch and it seemed to push a lot. Switched back to my regular C7 and it seems to understeer more, too.
The whole tire, suspension aerodynamic modeling has changed.
All that work people have done to get the cars to perform the way they wanted.

The standard red bull understeers like crazy, won the first two races then went to apricot hill and couldn't stop crashing the pos, got so pissed I just shut my ps3 off after losing by 30 seconds.:mad:

I miss when the Vettle Challenge took more then one attempt to gold.

Not complaining, was still a blast.
It's indeed super-easy to get now; the game doesn't even penalize you for cutting across the Eau Rouge in Spa. That didn't stop me from trying to legitimately beat my best times, though. My hype was definitely satisfied from when the X cars were first revealed. So much awesome~

Talk about portion control and savoring the moment..

Finished every single new event released in this update already. Vettel, GT Vette Concept and Mercedes VGT. Now nothing to do again :lol:

Oh Gran Turismo.. such a love-hate relationship. :dopey:

Reading this ^^...so they are not as difficult as the Red Bull challenges in GT5?

Talk about portion control and savoring the moment..

Finished every single new event released in this update already. Vettel, GT Vette Concept and Mercedes VGT. Now nothing to do again :lol:

Oh Gran Turismo.. such a love-hate relationship. :dopey:
can you please post races, exact track variant, laps, prizes, and gifts for the x2014 challenges?

So, am I the only one amazed at the ambient sound when racing the X2014 standard?

First race on Silverstone, I get out a 15 second lead early on, as the AI is way too cautious. Anyway, there's some distance between myself and the main pack, and the thing I noticed was that despite the noise of my X2014 S's engine, I could crystal clearly hear the other cars screaming around the track, and 2 cars that pulled away downshifting into the next corner, and this is while I'm in another sector of the track. The way the other car's sounds were coming in, echo-ing and dissipating was great, sounded like I was at an actual F1 race. Anyone else notice this effect so strongly?

Perhaps it's just the car, since it's very loud, that's making me notice it more than usual.

So, am I the only one amazed at the ambient sound when racing the X2014 standard?

First race on Silverstone, I get out a 15 second lead early on, as the AI is way too cautious. Anyway, there's some distance between myself and the main pack, and the thing I noticed was that despite the noise of my X2014 S's engine, I could crystal clearly hear the other cars screaming around the track, and 2 cars that pulled away downshifting into the next corner, and this is while I'm in another sector of the track. The way the other car's sounds were coming in, echo-ing and dissipating was great, sounded like I was at an actual F1 race. Anyone else notice this effect so strongly?

Perhaps it's just the car, since it's very loud, that's making me notice it more than usual.
Yes!! IT'S BLOODY GREAT!!

READ THIS - Here's the details regarding about the Red Bull X Challenge Part II:

Red Bull Standard Championship (Bronze or better result in the championship: X2014 Standard) (Now all of a sudden this has become the place for "rigging" and earning a whole lot of cold hard cash - nearly $2.3 million in 20 MINUTES!!!)
Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit
  • Gold: Cr. 130,000
  • Silver: Cr. 84,000
  • Bronze: Cr. 65,000
Trial Mountain
  • Gold: Cr. 124,000
  • Silver: Cr. 80,000
  • Bronze: Cr. 62,000
Apricot Hill Raceway
  • Gold: Cr. 121,000
  • Silver: Cr. 79,000
  • Bronze: Cr. 61,000
Fuji Speedway F
  • Gold: Cr. 129,000
Nürburgring GP/F
  • Gold: Cr. 138,000
  • Silver: Cr. 90,000
  • Bronze: Cr. 69,000
Championship Bonus: Cr. 500,000

Sebastian Vettel X Challenge (Mission Races) (Bronze or better results in all races: X2014 Fan Car) (I found this X Challenge to be MUCH EASIER to even get GOLD than Gran Turismo 5!)
Autodromo Nazionale Monza
  • Gold: Cr. 530,000
  • Silver: Cr. 290,000
  • Bronze: Cr. 180,000
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
  • Gold: Cr. 550,000
  • Silver: Cr. 310,000
  • Bronze: Cr. 190,000
Suzuka Circuit
  • Gold: Cr. 580,000
  • Silver: Cr. 320,000
  • Bronze: Cr. 200,000

READ THIS - Here's the details regarding about the Red Bull X Challenge Part II:

Red Bull Standard Championship (Bronze or better result in the championship: X2014 Standard)
Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit
  • Gold: Cr. 130,000
Trial Mountain
  • Gold: Cr. 124,000
  • Silver: Cr. 80,000
  • Bronze: Cr. 62,000
Apricot Hill Raceway
  • Gold: Cr. 121,000
  • Silver: Cr. 79,000
  • Bronze: Cr. 61,000
Fuji Speedway F
  • Gold: Cr. 129,000
Nürburgring GP/F
  • Gold: Cr. 138,000
  • Silver: Cr. 90,000
  • Bronze: Cr. 69,000
Championship Bonus: Cr. 500,000

Sebastian Vettel X Challenge (Mission Races) (Bronze or better results in all races: X2014 Fan Car) (I found this X Challenge to be MUCH EASIER to even get GOLD than Gran Turismo 5!)
Autodromo Nazionale Monza
  • Gold: Cr. 530,000
  • Silver: Cr. 290,000
  • Bronze: Cr. 180,000
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
  • Gold: Cr. 550,000
  • Silver: Cr. 310,000
  • Bronze: Cr. 190,000
Suzuka Circuit
  • Gold: Cr. 580,000
  • Silver: Cr. 320,000
  • Bronze: Cr. 200,000
thank you!

I haven't been playing. Have they added the community features and private lounge yet? Have they increased the online lobby credits? Last time I played it was 1/10th what GT5 payed.

Sucks for you, dude. Downloaded within 90 seconds and another 90 to install.
:( yep..
Red Bull Standard Championship (Bronze or better result in the championship: X2014 Standard) (Now all of a sudden this has become the place for "rigging" and earning a whole lot of cold hard cash - nearly $2.3 million in 20 MINUTES!!!)
Whoa... awesome , looks like im gonna get the cars i wanted.

edit: its repeatable right?

Whoa... awesome , looks like im gonna get the cars i wanted.

edit: its repeatable right?

Unlike the Sebastian Vettel X Challenge, yes, the Standard Championship is repeatable. The Vettel challenge...you only get your cash once (it's a mission race after all).

Also, I don't think you immediately get disqualified on the GT6 Vettel challenge if you hit a wall or go off course, that's what I found out...which was the case back on GT5.

EDIT regarding the Vettel challenge: 2 laps for each mission race, no championship bonus (again this is a mission race).

Back