v1.10 Multi Monitor Client Lockup (Fixed in v1.11)

• Thread starter hognhominy
  • 48 comments
The workaround I post was for Offline / and Online.
It has worked for me for both. But sometimes the Online glitches and the Clients end up frozen.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/v1-10-multi-monitor-client-lockup.314197/#post-9919715

more detail of what I do here:
http://community.us.playstation.com...ate-1-10-Multi-Monitor/m-p/44152596#U44152596

repost:
Today (7-28) when I started GT6 there was a HOT FIX to Download and install.

I thought Woo Wee. they Patched it...
But No, it made it worse...

Now, I can't get to the PS menu at all on the Clients after they Black Screen.
I have to do a Power down of the PS3..

I did manage to find a slight work around. Similar to what I reported before..
Leave the Clients on the XMB screen
Start the Server and enter a Seasonal or other event.
Once your Car is On Track, Pause it.

Now Start GT6 on the Clients, and Initiate Multi Monitor.
The Screens will go black, but eventually the Track will show up..

Now you can unpause and do the event with Multi Monitor.

*** To Re-start or Change Events..

Pause the Current event and Press Circle on the Clients to exit to the Main GT6 screen.

( if you have crossed the finish line, Then Immediately press Circle on Both Clients. Do this before the screens go black. )

now on the server you can re-start or switch to a new event..

Once on Track, pause it..

On the Clients Go to Options, Display, Multi-Monitor, Start, Initiate OK
wait for the Clients to display the Track.

Race and enjoy..

I've been able to do this repeatedly, but if I didn't press Circle in time and the Black Screen shows up.

I have to Power off that client to get it back on.

So Press Circle on the Clients before you get the black screen at the end of an Event..

Looking forward to PD, fixing this..

I have been told this is now Fixed when Version 1.11 is released.

I have been told this is now Fixed when Version 1.11 is released.

I hope the 1.11 will come as quick as possible. I don't want to wait one month to play again...

Excellent, thanks for the update.
Now all we need is the smoke and spray particle effects to be visible on the client screens!
JohnM

If I remember correctly, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, I don't know if it's track dependant ?

The one thing I remember is the fact that my friend's avatar don't wear the same suit on the clients but it's more funny than anything and I don't care if they don't correct it :)

This is happening to me too. Very unpleasant and mystifying. I was having more fun with stable GT5 shuffle races.

The worst part is we have no choice, if we want to access online features, or earn a reasonable amount of money for racing, we have to update. I feel taken advantage of as a customer.

It looks like you can use the workaround for any event or even the demo mode. It will work for one race/instance, and then the next time the game tries to load a new track both clients hard crash.

I don't have the patience to reboot/check disk both clients after every race.

Something cool just occurred to me, I think I will switch back to GT5 until PD sorts out this issue. I still have my 3 copies of GT5.

ara
This is happening to me too. Very unpleasant and mystifying. I was having more fun with stable GT5 shuffle races.

The worst part is we have no choice, if we want to access online features, or earn a reasonable amount of money for racing, we have to update. I feel taken advantage of as a customer.

It looks like you can use the workaround for any event or even the demo mode. It will work for one race/instance, and then the next time the game tries to load a new track both clients hard crash.

I don't have the patience to reboot/check disk both clients after every race.

If you read up a few posts there was advice on how to keep the clients from crashing. Just pause the event right before or right after the finish and hit circle to back the clients out of MM mode. Then once you're on track for the next race re-initiate MM mode on the clients and you're good to go. It's a bit convoluted but it works and prevents the triple-beep-of-death.

If you read up a few posts there was advice on how to keep the clients from crashing. Just pause the event right before or right after the finish and hit circle to back the clients out of MM mode. Then once you're on track for the next race re-initiate MM mode on the clients and you're good to go. It's a bit convoluted but it works and prevents the triple-beep-of-death.

thanks, missed that one.

Too convoluted and risky for me. I'm concerned that ultimately the triple-beeps are going to corrupt a file system. It's too easy to not get the timing right and head off down the path of system rebuilding.

Meanwhile, my single screen experience will make me really appreciate the fix.

Too convoluted and risky for me. I'm concerned that ultimately the triple-beeps are going to corrupt a file system. It's too easy to not get the timing right and head off down the path of system rebuilding.

Meanwhile, my single screen experience will make me really appreciate the fix.

Eh. I only race online so once I get them loaded up the first time I don't have any issues (besides the occasional driverless kart) and don't have to stop/start the clients. I'm sure it's a nuisance for people trying to play offline though. Hope it gets fixed in the next update. 👍

.i.28.LQ%20CUPID[1].gif

I was lucky with my holydays planning :cool: : the issue appeared and was fixed when I was away. I would not have known about it if I had not read gtplanet's forum :lol:

Back