Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know... for anyone listening... if coupes were to be allowed in V8s, the Mustang would have to be in there if sales figures are good. Unless, Ford are hoping to press their luck on importing the Taurus. Another coupe that would be quite nice, is that ATS Coupe. I could see GM rebage that as an Opel or if the Cadillac brand were brought here in Australia, it might be a viable low volume car. A rebadged Holden Monaro, maybe not. But, imported and named "HSV GTS Coupe", that might work. I've only read it will have a turbo four. Any word if a 6.2 V8 is in the works?

There's nothing wrong with it. The problem is that the subject, by its very nature, is rather gross - so I am at a loss to explain why the ads are shown when people are eating.

V8 Supercar cuts Thunderdome laps.

Rick Kelly has become the first driver to turn laps at a proper oval track in a V8 Supercar after taking his Nissan Altima around the Calder Park Thunderdome in Melbourne.

The Jack Daniel’s Racing driver took his car inside the dome after a corporate ride day at the raceway across the carpark.

Although the demonstration run was not officially timed, Kelly lapped the facility at an average speed of close to 200km/h, considerably faster than quickest track on the calendar, Mount Panorama Bathurst, which has an average speed of 175km/h.

Is Daytona being used during the projected USA rounds? Anyone? Anyone? Imagine the field drafting around those turns and then braking for the infield. :)

Is Daytona being used during the projected USA rounds? Anyone? Anyone? Imagine the field drafting around those turns and then braking for the infield. :)

I don't know I like the idea of a 1.5 track which is what Thunderdome looks like. Plus the aero for Daytona would have to be quite different I feel.

V8's on an oval, please! Daytona I think is too long for on the oval side for them to actually not top out pretty fast if you ask me but I could be wrong.

All 25 cars usually qualify within .8seconds on a V8SC Road course( I cant remember COTA and Bahrain quali times). id love to see if the cars would be as close.

I feel Wil should just do a Bathurst 1000 on his own. Everyone he gets paired with, stuffs the car. He has had failures but, he starts strong and he's always fast on the mountain.
Ive never felt Alex had/has all his marbles. True, he is better than some but, inconsistant. It's only for three "races". We'll see how he goes.

Honestly, I think it is wrong that we have professional sporting events on ANZAC Day. Maybe on the weekend closest to it, but 25 April should be a day of remembrance.

JPS-BMW-Phillip-Island-2014.jpg
http://www.speedcafe.com/2014/04/16/feature-heritage-touring-cars-jps-bmw-e30/
I have a slick of this car frm Father's Day two years ago at SMP.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2014/04/16/nissan-altima-set-nzv8-touring-cars/
Iit'll be interesting to see what engine they run, as toyota run GM engines.

Nissan-Altima-NZV8-Touring-Cars-344x243.jpg

The rules say must run a engine from its own brand.The Toyota V8 is from TRD USA and was used in Grand-Am DP.

Toyota aren't going to run their DP engine since it's old and from the UZ V8 family, they're going to run the UR which has a 5L engine of it's own that is better than the UZ which was already wonderful. I don't know why they ran a Chevy V8 in the NZ series but they have plenty of V8s at their disposal.

EDIT: I see what you're saying now, you are saying they currently run it, I thought you were saying that was an option. And from what I've seen you're right they do use the Lexus DP engine.

Last edited:
Those renders actually look pretty great and it'll be interesting to see these cars on track but I don't think I can get into this series as long as it remains an "entertainment category". While the quality of racing has picked up a bit over the last few seasons, the V8 Utes still can't maintain my attention, hell, when I go to the Clipsal 500 I make sure I'm not sitting in the grandstand while they're on track.

Toyota aren't going to run their DP engine since it's old and from the UZ V8 family, they're going to run the UR which has a 5L engine of it's own that is better than the UZ which was already wonderful. I don't know why they ran a Chevy V8 in the NZ series but they have plenty of V8s at their disposal.

EDIT: I see what you're saying now, you are saying they currently run it, I thought you were saying that was an option. And from what I've seen you're right they do use the Lexus DP engine.
Unless a GM LS3 grew a couple of new camshafts.;)
V8SUPERCARS_3873.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back