Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mt. Panorama is set to be co-named after the traditional aboriginal name. It's great to hear that the original settlers of this great land will be getting some recognition on one of Australia's greatest sporting grounds. Many of the commenters (on the article), though, don't seem too pleased and it's a shame that there is still people thinking the way they are in 2014. But then, Abbott got voted in, so I shouldn't really be surprised anymore.

Source: http://www.speedcafe.com/2014/07/18/bathurst-council-co-name-mount-panorama/

Many of the commenters (on the article), though, don't seem too pleased and it's a shame that there is still people thinking the way they are
They probably think that Holden and Ford can maintain domestic production of Commodores and Falcons beyond 2017.

Mt. Panorama is set to be co-named after the traditional aboriginal name. It's great to hear that the original settlers of this great land will be getting some recognition on one of Australia's greatest sporting grounds. Many of the commenters (on the article), though, don't seem too pleased and it's a shame that there is still people thinking the way they are in 2014. But then, Abbott got voted in, so I shouldn't really be surprised anymore.

Source: http://www.speedcafe.com/2014/07/18/bathurst-council-co-name-mount-panorama/

Yeah exactly, stupid bigot ideas will always maintain despite how modern society is, I think it is a respectful move.

Last edited:
Yeah exactly, stupid bigot ideas will always maintain despite how modern society is, I think is a respectful move.
It's ironic considering that the English name is actually derived from the Wiradjuri name (many English names are derived from the local dialect), Waluu, which means "to watch over" - a panorama.

Yep, I thought it was pretty good. What were your thoughts?

Cams not feeling the RX7 fit the series.
Ford always not fully funding their cars.
It was only an hour but, it could have been better. Just talking about the Boss Mustang and not showing footage was bad. I got to see it make its rounds around Albert Park.

The size of the fields were awesome. It's like they just let anyone show up to race.

DJR plots retro Shell livery.
Dick Johnson Racing is set to continue its run of retro liveries at the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 this October.

Speedcafe.com has learned that the famed Queensland-based squad is planning a Shell tribute livery for this year’s race.

It is expected that the scheme will celebrate 20 years since the 1994 Bathurst 1000, where Dick Johnson teamed with John Bowe to take his third and final Great Race victory.

The move will follow the Tru-Blu and Greens’-Tuf retro liveries campaigned by the team in the 2012 and 2013 Bathurst 1000s respectively.

As was the case for the last two years, the livery change will likely take place only on the #17 entry, to be campaigned by David Wall and Steven Johnson.

Bathurst-1994.png

Mmm, yes please. Based on how good their retro liveries have looked over the past couple of years. I really want to see this happen.

The whole stand alone operation bit is interesting. I don't think either Ford or GM are in a position where they could financially back another team. If that is the case and Penske does end going it alone and starting a team from scratch, what are the chances we could see manufacturer on the grid?

Edit: Erebus upgrades ready for Ipswich 400.

I Think Penske would be looking at a Manufacturer switch, possibly as a second Volvo team untill they bring a new manufactuer in, I doubt Penske would be happy with the tiny backing ford gives DJR now.

hey guy really quick when does the entry list for the 1000 become official?

Also I wouldn't worry too much about Penske either way he seems to always make it work in the end.

I Think Penske would be looking at a Manufacturer switch, possibly as a second Volvo team untill they bring a new manufactuer in, I doubt Penske would be happy with the tiny backing ford gives DJR now.

Well, Volvo have said in past that they are interested in expanding but won't be offering another two factory backed cars. Trying to find full manufactuer backing is probably the thing that's holding Penske from finalizing a deal.
hey guy really quick when does the entry list for the 1000 become official?

Imagine probably like a few weeks out from the event, most of the main game teams have their driver line ups sorted out already. Don't know when the other two wildcard teams are planning to announce theirs.

Penske have repeatedly said that a strategic alliance with DJR is their preferred option.

Penske have repeatedly said that a strategic alliance with DJR is their preferred option.
Yeah im not opposing that, factory teams in V8SC history(same thing with BTCC) mostly run with an existing teams, like GRM with Volvo and Kelly racing with Nissan etc.

Penske wouldn't want to just go
straight in without an existing team support if it wants to be competitive within the first 3 years, DJR have some good guys there but they are massively tight on funds to do anything with what they have.

Last edited:
Yes to more retro liveries. 👍 Would like to see HRT do something like the '97 livery. A retro GRM Valvoline one would be cool too. Also numbers on the doors :embarrassed:, know some people don't miss them but personally I really do.

Last edited:
That actually really suits that livery might have to get that when Apex release it.

Also for people outside aus should watch this IMO the best. Can't beat someone who can build,engineer, develop, race and win in his own cars. Should have got a championship.

I don't like it - which is weird, because the car it is based on is one of my all-time favourites. Literally. The yellow #17 was my favourite car as a child, and the one that single-handedly sparked my love of motorsport.

But it just looks wrong on the current model of Falcon.

V8 Supercars is considering a name change from 2015, with the possibility of dropping the "V8" from the name.

If they go ahead with it, I think they'll need something to replace it. "Supercars Championship" is too generic.

I'd be all for a return to the "Australian Touring Car Championship" moniker. Honestly, as much as I love the sport, the name "V8 Supercars" has always come off as a bit cringeworthy to me. Also, I'm going to have to stop reading the comments on Speedcafe. A hive for backwards views and conservative buzzwords such as "do gooders".

V8 Supercars is considering a name change from 2015, with the possibility of dropping the "V8" from the name.

If they go ahead with it, I think they'll need something to replace it. "Supercars Championship" is too generic.
if the rumors are true on facebook they may not run V8 engines personally I couldn't care less about the series anymore they might as well call it ''CARS" the championship as there will be nothing super about them and could end up as a non V8 running series which is making it more of an international laughing stock

if the rumors are true on facebook they may not run V8 engines personally I couldn't care less about the series anymore they might as well call it ''CARS" the championship as there will be nothing super about them and could end up as a non V8 running series which is making it more of an international laughing stock

How do you even figure that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back