Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually reckon that the new Indianapolis road circuit - the one used by IndyCar this year - would be pretty good.

That would still go against the travel idea you said. Trucking the cars to Indiana would be just as bad as Florida, Georgia, New York, Ohio, Wisconsin, Connecticut. Also I just checked the mileage and Watkins Glen is closer to Austin than Sonoma. I mean the difference is about a hundred miles, so at this point I'd say an East Coast race isn't all that unrealistic.

That would still go against the travel idea you said. Trucking the cars to Indiana would be just as bad as Florida, Georgia, New York, Ohio, Wisconsin, Connecticut. Also I just checked the mileage and Watkins Glen is closer to Austin than Sonoma. I mean the difference is about a hundred miles, so at this point I'd say an East Coast race isn't all that unrealistic.
But then you have to truck/fly the cars home that much further. California's advantage is that they are on the west coast making it easier to fly/ship back home when the race is finished.

Wish someone in the media would leak something about which tracks are on the table.
I'm thinking about circuitsbthis season that had the most excitement. The street /park circuits of Adelaide, Albert Park and Townsville gave us good racing. Long straights of Darwin didn't give us much. Winton was good only because of the sticky surface situation. Auckland was a very bumpy ride and still showed passing and fast tight racing.
Tracks like Road America and The Glen with those long straights may help drafting or not. Sonoma is a V8s type track with the curbs and undulations.
As mentioned, back to back weekend's, what about Barber Motorsports Park?

The common sense thing would be to do a tie up with the houston Indycar race.

A one week gap striaght to the otherside of a foreign country puts huge strains on these teams.

But then you have to truck/fly the cars home that much further. California's advantage is that they are on the west coast making it easier to fly/ship back home when the race is finished.

I'm pretty sure both use connecting flights from a polar route either way, yes the East Coast is a bit more distance but the prices aren't all that different between the two areas. The only thing, which I'm surprised you guys didn't say, was cost of area such as hotel, meals, storage and such. I could definitely see that being a knock against NY, FL, or even CA compared to that of Indy as @prisonermonkeys said that might be a better alternative.

The costs of fly-away events will be shared among the hosts of those events. Exactly what they will be paying for remains to be seen.

I hope they can add TCM to the program at the AGP. Watching these cars race at COTA would be awesome too. I'd love to get a car like my old '69 Cutlass to race in TCM. just to be different. Although I'd most likely race a '72 Camaro or XA-XC Falcon coupe.

There's no way they could get TCM to COTA, or any flyaway circuit. They don't even go to Pukekohe. The only way it would work would be to export the concept and set up a TCM series in America.

Some TCM drivers have a hard enough time getting dents fixed. Of course they wouldn't be able to make the trip overseas. Besides, there's no substitute for a 700hp Falcon coupe!

Holden confirms multi year HRT extension.
Holden has finally confirmed its continued support of the Holden Racing Team beyond the end of the 2014 season.
Described simply as a ‘multi-year’ deal, the contract is thought to mirror the two-year arrangement struck with Triple Eight, falling into line with the scheduled end of local Holden production in 2017.

Kinda sad (even as a none Austrailian) that Ford and Holden/GM are leaving Austrailia. :( I'm neutral between the manufactures so I hope they both get some championships before leaving. :)

I hope nobody minds me asking, what kind of cars/style will the V8 Supercar championship change too when they do? Any good guesses?

Kinda sad (even as a none Austrailian) that Ford and Holden/GM are leaving Austrailia. :( I'm neutral between the manufactures so I hope they both get some championships before leaving. :)

I hope nobody minds me asking, what kind of cars/style will the V8 Supercar championship change too when they do? Any good guesses?

We don't know but if you go through the last 10 pages there is a good discussion on perhaps coupes and also more variety in engines in line with the ATCC days.

They're not leaving Australia - they're just ending domestic production. Their cars will still be available for sale, but they will be built in Korea and imported instead.

Caruso with a change of colors this weekend.

10619969_10152614919103427_4633563624741771598_o.jpg

It's alright, I'm not a big fan of yellow so when it's used in smaller beats it's annoying but when used in large portion correctly like the usual livery I love it.

Hope fades for Dragon endurance wildcards.

The Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 grid looks likely to dwindle to 26 cars as hopes fade that Dragon Motor Racing’s two entries will make the field.

The first-year Dunlop Series team had embarked on an ambitious plan to run its two ex-Garry Rogers Motorsport Holden Commodores at Bathurst, as well as a single entry in the Wilson Security Sandown 500.

While team owner Tony Klein was unwilling to comment when contacted by Speedcafe.com earlier this week, it is understood that the Melbourne-based businessman has elected against running any Dragon entries in the two events.

The move follows three tough Dunlop Series outings for the team, including the brief debut appearance of its ex-Sam Walter GRM Commodore at Queensland Raceway earlier this month.

Although unconfirmed, Dragon’s withdrawal is also expected to see it absent from the remaining two second-tier rounds as Klein contemplates the team’s future.

Someone put the cart before the horse again, it's probably a blessing for other teams not worrying about a rookie team having some major issues.

to me that looks as good if not better then the Speed channel that is purely dedicated to racing.

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/championship/network-ten-the-home-of-motorsport

Boooooooooooooo
Having Webber around is cool. An up to date F1 driver is always good for broadcasting and insight. What is Matt White gonna do? Nothing. He'll be silent up the last two laps of every race and before ad breaks.
That's quite a loss for 7. I won't miss Skaife much as it sounds like he has a crisis in his pants every time there is the slightest bit of contact; hope they keep Crompton though.

Most importantly, if they get rid of Rusty, I cant live with just about anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back