Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A bridge too far for Percat I think, not enough time for him to catch McLaughlin.

Damnit, just one more lap and Percat would have had him, what a fantastic performance from Nick. Really pleased for McLaughlin though especially after yesterdays disappointment.

Great comeback for Scotty and a mature drive for Percat :cheers:.

Frosty is not driving like a incumbent champion, he is going to be the Dani Pedrosa of V8SC.

What a confidence booster for Percat before the Enduros

Definitely. 👍 Looking forward to seeing how him and Oliver Gavin go in the enduro's.

Edit:
BvyX8FfCYAAFXVc.jpg

What happened to Tander at the end? Looked like someone else spun on the last corner too.
Good win by McLaughlin, and Percat was flying!

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/...of-the-americas-agree-to-end-current-contract

I don't like the sound of how this ended, seems like either Warburton burnt the bridge or never really tried. COTA I think had every goal to work with them on dates and with other tracks. Yes cost were higher than most probably guessed but it wasn't as if they had no clue either...you can't just show up one year and expect everything to sell out either for a series that a few americans even know about either.

To be honest I think the only reason they went there was the "OMG AWSUM NEU F1 TRAK" koolaid everyone was drinking. There are much better/easier places for the V8's to race. *cough*Laguna Seca*cough*

To be honest I think the only reason they went there was the "OMG AWSUM NEU F1 TRAK" koolaid everyone was drinking. There are much better/easier places for the V8's to race. *cough*Laguna Seca*cough*

There are a ton of better places but a one year deal that hardly anyone knew about the series to bail on it was a piss poor effort on their part. I have heard teaming up with Indycar was one thing they were trying to do in Detroit.

The thing is looking back they need to either abandon the international races all together or suck it up and take some lumps the first year to make them better! They haven't had any success anywhere they went really either.

I believe the original COTA deal gave the circuit exclusive hosting rights to an American round. It's very difficult to set up a second event with that proviso stringing you up.

With IndyCar going to NOLA in April, I wouldn't be surprised if V8 Supercars do a COTA-NOLA double.

I knew this was coming, when we went to the Nismo factory in GT Academy he had the look of someone who was keen on the next stage of his career.

If they want to get somewhere, they need to bank their money on getting someone like Van Gisbergen, for a four car factory team they really lack someone who can put the car up front.

It's about time!

It's about 2-3 years too late if you ask me. If he does step aside, it's going to be very interesting to see who they get to fill that seat. Who's off contract at the end of the year?

Last edited:
I haven't been on for a while so I need to release all the fan-boyism in me. VAN GISBERGEN WON!!
And the hot chick. :D
You just called Rhianna Creehan (<<no idea how to spell that) hot? you should feel bad. In saying that in gossip she is dating Will Davison

Who's with me to head to AUS for Bathurst and Gold Coast next year! I thought about it, but holy crap will it cost alot.

You just called Rhianna Creehan (<<no idea how to spell that) hot? you should feel bad. In saying that in gossip she is dating Will Davison
Eh, I still think she's hot.

Who's with me to head to AUS for Bathurst and Gold Coast next year! I thought about it, but holy crap will it cost alot.
Hmmm, maybe. Depends on the total cost. I already have a passport, so I'm set there. :P

My Mum and Dad were going to go to Bathurst for there 20th anniversary (2015) but now we are going on a cruise to New Caledonia so they're going in 2016 (mums fortieth) and yes Bathurst alone is very expensive @Wilbur

Buncombe will prove to be competitive in practice and qualifying for the 1000 but Kelly will crash out in the first stint of the race. You heard it here first.

Will an Academy driver (from Australia) get the seat? Hmmmm... Nissan want to add more cars and get GTA drivers involved. Would be good to get them running in the 12ahour and then Bathurst. Seems good tome to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back