• Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
gp2TXFA.jpg

Probably grasping at straws but going off of the Coca-Cola cap Betty was wearing at Ipswich and the colours of the teaser. My guess is that it's Powerade sponsorship. Also there has to be a reason why Will Davison has a Powerade bottle in the picture in this article.

Last edited:
What a load of Buncombe.

Meh, probably. Only a guess.

Lexus open to V8 Supercars.
Toyota's luxury division Lexus has declared it will look into a possible Australian motorsport involvement, which could include V8 Supercars.

The Australian branch of the brand confirmed to Motoring.com.au that it was conscious of motor racing as a potential promotional opportunity for its F performance division.

"About a year ago I would have closed the door on motor racing for Lexus in Australia. But now it's kind of open," chief executive of Toyota luxury division's Australian branch Sean Hanley told Motoring.com.au.

"We are not seeking to get into motor racing right now, we have no plans saying that we are getting into motor racing.

"But having said that, if the right opportunities and the right cars were available to us and the right race was available in Australia we'd be open to the idea of looking at it."

Norton should take a backseat this time. It's ruining the bonnet. Thevehwwls should have told centers.

No, I was just drawing parallels between "Buncombe" and "bunkum".

Ah, okay. Maybe it was because I had just woken up when I made that post but that one went straight over my head. :lol: And have to agree with @PAPAPEPE123 about the Erebus livery, the livery itself looks pretty good but the Becko logo completely ruins it :yuck: The Nissan retro livery is cool, could have done without Norton logo on the bonnet though, looks really out of place. And yes gold wheel centers please.

Last edited:
It's kind of hard to have a "heritage" livery when you have only been competing for one year.

Yes, once upon a time, they were known as SBR, but SBR's liveries were sponsor-oriented.

Something seems off completely on that livery, but I do enjoy retro Bathurst liveries. It would be cool to see either some retro or random one off liveries for that race in general.

Kinda like the art cars at Le Mans every year? Not exactly but the idea I mean.

If it weren't for the Norton logo that livery would be quite good on that Altima.

Another image of the Erebus livery. Was thinking that the left side of the car might look slightly better than the right because the Beko logo would sort of follow the rake of the car. Nope it doesn't. Still really like the Blue highlights though.
_MGL8746.JPG

I'm bored so I devised a list of potential classic liveries:
Triple 8 - Brock livery for Lowndes or a Betta Electrical style livery
HRT - Late 90's, early 2000's
Erebus - Tough one. Maybe Silver Arrows
FPR - Maybe a Seton Ford Credit style livery
Nissan - Bluebird or Winfield GTR. Possibly 1991 GTR
BJR - Not too sure. Another tough one. Possibly an early BOC livery
DJR - Possibilities are endless.
LDM - Ingall Castrol style livery?
GRM - 2000 Valvoline livery or 98 Bathurst winner livery
Tekno - Early 2000's VIP livery
This list is just a what could be list. If you have any suggestions, put them up

The hockey stick stripe is fine. The beko and 'gill'-stripes, I don't like. The car should have black wheels. But these livery colors are too close to the FPR and Volvo. Betty should have requested matte black like her GT cars.
Thor(in prototype form) was awesome. The all matte black theme with gloss blue accents would look way better.

@PAPAPEPE123 the early 190Es in the ATCC were white/red and one time all black. I liked Holdsworths chrome IRWIN livery. Silver Arrows would be cool too.

http://www.touringcarmasters.com.au/index1.php?p=2537

I just love this series.

Last edited:
The solution is easy - enlarge the beko logo so that the line underneath extends from the bottom of the forward wheel arch to the top of the rear, and the opposite on the other side, to create an asymmetrical livery.

It's kind of hard to have a "heritage" livery when you have only been competing for one year.

Yes, once upon a time, they were known as SBR, but SBR's liveries were sponsor-oriented.
Majority of Liveries past and present are sponsor-oriented.

The point is that those sponsors probably won't like the idea of a team running in their colours for the sake of claiming a "heritage" that was never theirs.
Probably, but it's been done before and will happen again, Vodafone didn't mind going with the Retro Marlboro livery with Lowndes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back