Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, they're both pretty terrible but at least Rust can tell the difference between Keke and Nico.

Well, they're both pretty terrible but at least Rust can tell the difference between Keke and Nico.
alan might be on the senile stage for a commentator but his insights into the F1 Life make up for it easily.

I was thinking....and I know this point has been rehashed already.

We have a big time sponsor/owner/businessman moving his dollars to a completely new series for him with Ambrose, it's a great move but at the same time we lost the only US race for the series. It almost seems like they gained but lost at the same time; It seems this could have paid a huge amount in interest now that we have Ambrose pulling new fans over, Penske pulling those fans over wondering what the series is or possibly following more. Who knows what owners/companies were watching this and wondering; I mean Ganassi, Andretti to name to major ones who already have had some drivers in those cars....I just shack my head at the move itself.

I was thinking....and I know this point has been rehashed already.

We have a big time sponsor/owner/businessman moving his dollars to a completely new series for him with Ambrose, it's a great move but at the same time we lost the only US race for the series. It almost seems like they gained but lost at the same time; It seems this could have paid a huge amount in interest now that we have Ambrose pulling new fans over, Penske pulling those fans over wondering what the series is or possibly following more. Who knows what owners/companies were watching this and wondering; I mean Ganassi, Andretti to name to major ones who already have had some drivers in those cars....I just shack my head at the move itself.
I don't think that has anything to do with it, Penske are looking to expand their business into the oceania region and they see V8 Supercars a good way to promote it.

They obviously wanted a Big Star in their seat and Ambrose has been the man to beat over in the states when it comes to road courses, not to mention he was dominating the V8 Supercars last time he was in the series and it seems to make sense.

And they're using Fords next year

There was some speculation before that Penske was unwilling to finalize the deal with DJR without full manufacturer support first. Now that this has gone ahead without any Ford backing I wonder if we could see potentially see Penske with another manufacturer in the near future?

Edit: Scratch that, didn't see this. DJR Penske manufacturer switch possible in 2016.

Last edited:
Well, put it this way, the only team to stop T8 was DJR w/James Courtney. and that waa with Johnson in the second car. I will be completely shocked if Pye is given another year to race an FGX. Dane could be sneaky once again and offer Pye to the market.

They could look at Fiore again or D'Alberto. I just don't see anyone who will be up to speed to compliment Ambrose when he gets a full understanding of the New Gen V8.

Think Pye is worth having a 1 year contract and see how he goes next season, he has done well for a team that has been running on penny's.

Well, put it this way, the only team to stop T8 was DJR w/James Courtney. and that waa with Johnson in the second car. I will be completely shocked if Pye is given another year to race an FGX. Dane could be sneaky once again and offer Pye to the market.

They could look at Fiore again or D'Alberto. I just don't see anyone who will be up to speed to compliment Ambrose when he gets a full understanding of the New Gen V8.
Pye is under contract for 2015.

Think Pye is worth having a 1 year contract and see how he goes next season, he has done well for a team that has been running on penny's.

Pye getting 6th at Bathurst, with Paul Morris at LDM last year, will give him momentum towards next month. Like Ive mentioned in other posts, I dislike(him) only for taking away possible points from Erebus.
He's good.

Premet eyes permanent Pirtek enduro cup role.
Premat moved his young family back to France mid-year and admits it’s now unlikely he’ll ever make a full-time V8 Supercars return.

Combining a Pirtek Enduro Cup co-driver role with European racing, which has this season consisted of limited outings in the Blancpain Endurance Series, is considered an ideal scenario.
“I would like to come every year as a co-driver, together with some racing in Europe,” Premat told Speedcafe.com before jetting back to Europe for this weekend’s Nurburgring 1000, where he’ll drive an ART McLaren.

“If someone pushed really hard to have me back, sure, but I won’t push as hard (for a seat) as maybe the first time.

“I think I can be a really solid co-driver. I think in Bathurst, top three, we will be there.”

If I was Garry Rogers, I'd be pushing hard to get Alex into a third S60 next year.

Latest speculation has David Wall with Wilson Security backing joining GRM next year.

Random question that I haven't ever found out the answer to...

Why is J-dub and Dumbrell the only guys I have ever seen use a helmet without a visor? I see no one else in any series ever use that style they do....seems like there would be alot of other drivers in closed cockpit rides that would do the same instead of a random open visor all race long.

Random question that I haven't ever found out the answer to...

Why is J-dub and Dumbrell the only guys I have ever seen use a helmet without a visor? I see no one else in any series ever use that style they do....seems like there would be alot of other drivers in closed cockpit rides that would do the same instead of a random open visor all race long.

I could never understand wearing a helmet like that with fire and all types of debris making it into the cockpit. Even in bright sunlight, whincup squints instead of wearing sunglasses. might have to ask him on his twitter page for the answer.

Why is J-dub and Dumbrell the only guys I have ever seen use a helmet without a visor? I see no one else in any series ever use that style they do.
Dick Johnson and Peter Brock used to wear open-face helmets. As to why, I have no idea.

Dick Johnson and Peter Brock used to wear open-face helmets. As to why, I have no idea.

Well I'm not talking about years and years ago, that was the norm for alot of folks back in the day. It's just odd in 2014 to see someone and only one really Ive seen wear it.

David Wall lol, GRM come on get a half decent driver your a factory team for christ sakes.

Quite a few Top guys wouldn't Mind that seat i reckon, it's definetely a 888 Threat next season with the right Driver.

Getting Tander back to GRM where it all started would be a good move imo.

Yeah, GRM should be able to do better than David Wall. He's not terrible, but like Alex Davison, I feel he's more suited to GT racing or Carrera Cup.

David Wall lol, GRM come on get a half decent driver your a factory team for christ sakes.

Quite a few Top guys wouldn't Mind that seat i reckon, it's definetely a 888 Threat next season with the right Driver.

Getting Tander back to GRM where it all started would be a good move imo.

Holdsworth and Caruso were pretty good at GRM. Wall might have good motivation at GRM. The right professional team with very little politics(meaning, transparency), would do any driver good. Worked for Van Gisbergen. Wall, is like a Fiore or a just below Caruso type of driver. We'll see.

I dont mind Tander. He surely doesnt back down face to face after a race. I cant see him leaving HRT. Id see Courtney leave before Tander, if anything. But, I dont have a crystal ball.

That's a weird move. I suppose he has sponsorship, but they should be angling for Scott Pye or maybe Ash Walsh.

Yeah, think Ash Walsh would a great option for GRM. Another talented young guy who would develop nicely alongside McLaughlin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back