Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Random question that I haven't ever found out the answer to...

Why is J-dub and Dumbrell the only guys I have ever seen use a helmet without a visor? I see no one else in any series ever use that style they do....seems like there would be alot of other drivers in closed cockpit rides that would do the same instead of a random open visor all race long.
It's 90% personal preference and 10% what if.

Back in the days before the plastic windscreens if it smashed then you would have to take the screen out so the visor would be useful and a requirement, had a similar situation last year in fiesta when the windscreen smashed and the driver had an open faced helmet I had to run around the paddock to borrow a full face.

FF39C494-B6AE-421B-A7F1-2CA4529C1C50_zps4srzdnmg.jpg

07F1E884-3C72-4287-9689-A1DD2C435657_zpsrqccsvsk.jpg

Also aswell if it's tinted you can lower it down which will help with glare when the sun is low.

I guess either my point was lost or something, I wasn't talking in terms of safety because yes no wind screen and open face don't go together really.

Whincup though is the only driver I have seen in a major racing series wear an open face helmet in a closed cockpit car, his is different than anyone else's in the field. It just seems super odd is all.

I think it's the same as rally drivers. For all the danger of cliffs and trees, they still wear open face helmets. May be more comfortable. Hasn't stopped from from winning all those C'hips.

I have a full face but always have the visor up, sometimes with it down (especially if its tinted) it can feel like you can't see all the nuances in the road, and even stuff like oil. You probably could see just as well as without one, but it can just give you that feeling. Same reason I never wore tinted motorbike goggles.

I liked watching the old footage with the open faces, seeing Brock totally in the zone, Johnson and his aviators, and Seton always chewing gum.

Yeah, maybe. It could be Dale Wood's car too. I was only going off of the "teamboc" account name.

Not an overly huge fan of the yellow highlights but it is a lot better than their previous effort.

Just wondering if this new aero rethink, is going to take away Volvo's straightline speed next weekend.

Triple 8 will be unveiling what they call a "special edition" livery on Wednesday morning.

Well I didn't realise Foxtel had secured the rights to v8 supercars and only 6 races will be shown on free to air just highlights will be shown for each race in 2015. Looks like im getting Foxtel to watch V8 supercars then.

Let's see if there is talk about tyre pressure and camber again. Not to mention spring&damper rates.

Glad the red wheels weren't damaged.

for those who are following,
Alex Buncombe 18th and Oliver Gavin 20th after first practice, Gavin spent some time testing the sand traps

Greg Ritter only did two laps after a new engine fitted and still did better than Alex Davison.

Premat will come good on Sunday.

I was hoping to see DJR top 5. I really don't know why Paul Morris is driving.

agreed, Morris shouldn't be hindering that car,

after final practice today 3 cars under Murphy' lap of the gods! Reynolds smashed it!

Greg Ritter only did two laps after a new engine fitted and still did better than Alex Davison.

Won't be the last time the GRM guys will be working on the car today. Big damage to the right rear of that Volvo during practice 3. Tander too found the wall at the dipper. Can't find a picture at the moment but apparently there's front and rear suspension damage to that car.

BzeuDRsCMAIPm1U.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back