Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Betty's father owned MERCEDES cars and She still drives MB's. It's why she bought the SLS to race. Her story to race in V8s was to bring BENZ into the series. No other reason than that.

The Problem with that is she doesn't have any long relationship with Mercedes or any percentage ownership of them, so this idea is plain crazy.

The best idea would be to make the team the best possible then present her case to Mercedes after some success, Erebus has the funds to be as good as 888 but having a Benz developed by AMG Customer program and not a Factory outfit like all the other cars in the series which have factory backing means being midfield is best case sceniaro.

Erebus have stopped developing with HWA overseas and have been developing in house. The cars are much improved over time, as expected. If she came in without SBR's help, she wouldn't have lasted the full season. It is a crazy way to get in the series. then again, it was MB Australia who didnt want this to happen. Not Mercedes-Benz Germany.

Pink livery in support of the McGrath Foundation for both DJR Falcons this weekend. And Team BOC are scheduled to unveil a Wolverine/X-Men themed livery for Jason Bright's Commodore tomorrow.

McGrath-Foundation-DJR-e1413985402199.jpg

This is just wrong!

Attachments

• FB_20141023_15_06_13_Saved_Picture.jpg
    FB_20141023_15_06_13_Saved_Picture.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 2
Okay, this is awesome. Triple 8 turned one of Whincup's chassis's from last year into a "Sandman" panel van for ride days. The surf boards on the roof. :lol: That livery is a million times better than what's currently seen on their race cars too.

20141023_101816__E5R4456.jpg

Last edited:
This is just wrong!
Why? They're committed to V8 Supercars first. If the test day falls on the same day as the 12-Hour, then that's too bad. The sport already works around the AFL Grand Final to avoid a clash with Bathurst, around the Grand Prix to make sure the teams are able to attend and prepare for championship rounds, and a dozen other events in host cities and track days at permanent venues. And yet VESA take criticism for scheduling the test day (which has been mandatory) for a while now on the same day as the 12-Hour? Why aren't you criticising the organisers of the 12-Hour for not working with VESA to find a better date?

Why? They're committed to V8 Supercars first. If the test day falls on the same day as the 12-Hour, then that's too bad. The sport already works around the AFL Grand Final to avoid a clash with Bathurst, around the Grand Prix to make sure the teams are able to attend and prepare for championship rounds, and a dozen other events in host cities and track days at permanent venues. And yet VESA take criticism for scheduling the test day (which has been mandatory) for a while now on the same day as the 12-Hour? Why aren't you criticising the organisers of the 12-Hour for not working with VESA to find a better date?

Dont get me started on the AFL.....

Why should they find a different date? They pencilled it in first and its become a globally recognized event, already adjusted to fit into the world of sports car racing off our shores, whilst I dont agree that a test day should be mandatory either, its a test day! Tickets aren't sold and the event isn't sponsored so it is the easiest to be moved, the fact penalties and reprimands can and will be dealt to drivers from V8SC for participation in the 12 hour is just crap, for some of this teams it is a monumental task to even get prepared for the event as far as costs and personnel are concerned, its far from a wealthy event and is trying to grow, the fact is some teams would have already started preparing cars for the event and had seats moulded and even paid for drivers etc, only to have V8SC delay their calendar and bring this nonsense,

Why should they find a different date?
What right do they have to complain when they didn't engage with VESA to avoid a clash? From the moment they planned on a February date, they should have known that a clash was a possibility, and yet they did nothing to avoid it. They take up one weekend in a year; they have far more scope for flexibility than the V8 championship.

And where is it written that it is the responsibility of VESA to make the 12-Hour event stronger by guaranteeing their drivers - who signed up for V8 Supercars first - are available, even if it is to the detriment of their own championship?

As far as I am concerned, the responsibility for this clash rests with the organisers of the 12-Hour. They had every opportunity to avoid a clash, did nothing to prevent it, and then whinged about it.

Come on Whincup the tittle is yours for the taking :D

Whin..... Who? Nope, never heard of him. :P On a serious note, really looking forward to the weekends action. Hopefully HRT can bounce back after their dreadful Bathurst.

Edit: Jason Bright's Wolverine roof.

20141023_140515_2014-10-23-14-05-15-4135.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sick of free to air tv not even showing the v8 supercars practicing but of course they will show crappy shows that no one watches. But they show bathurst practicing FFS. Let alone the amount of ads in between the Bathurst race there was also in qualifying free to air is not even worth my time anymore.

I'm sick of free to air tv not even showing the v8 supercars practicing but of course they will show crappy shows that no one watches. But they show bathurst practicing FFS. Let alone the amount of ads in between the Bathurst race there was also in qualifying free to air is not even worth my time anymore.
Don't complain too much, next year will be much worse

Only practice but good pace from D'Alberto. 👍 Hopefully he and Slade have a change of fortune this weekend too. Been a tough year for the Supercheap Commodore so far.

I don't understand how any racing Fans in oz don't have foxtel, the speed channel alone makes it worth it.

I don't understand how any racing Fans in oz don't have foxtel, the speed channel alone makes it worth it.
The idea of a channel completely dedicated to racing is great and all, but I usually just switch the TV on for the V8s and F1 these days so paying for all those channels would be a complete waste if money for me. Not to mention the fact that I'm pretty much just getting by as it is, so I have no room in my budget for Foxtel anyway. And that's why I'm a bit annoyed by this new deal, especially so after that big campaign to keep major sports on free-to-air a few years back.

Also I'd rather not fill Rupert Murdoch's pockets any more. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back