• Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Kiwi I would love to see Shane and Scotty as team mates in that Volvo
That would be the worst line-up since Alonso and Hamilton.

Actually, no. It would be worse. It would be the worst line-up ever. Van Gisbergen clearly dislikes McLaughlin; I can only assume he feels threatened by McLaughlin's popularity.

While we're waiting for Phillip Island:

http://www.nzsupertourers.co.nz/news-3/871-van-gisbergen-stars-again-in-bnt-nz-supertourers.html
Hampton_Downs_14-15.jpg

V8SC would still use the control chassis. So no ABS, no TC, 290 tyre width, 18" wheels, 1410kg. Low downforce. Imagine a V12 Rapide, V8 XKR-S, AlTima or M45, M3, Mustang, Insignia, S60, E63 or C-Klasse, RS6! Would be awesome!

As great as Gen 2 sounds (to me), VESA are opening up for even more parity issues. Hopefully they come up with a new parity testing formula, because from what I've heard it's pretty outdated compared to what SRO use for BES/BSS.

Oh, those parity issues are easily fixed: Roland Dane will kick up a fuss about it, VESA will give in, Triple Eight will win everything, and Simon McNamara will be happy that Holden's marketing department has most of their work done for then.

If i remember, 888 used to run Opel hatches in BTCC. I think they were Black and blue or teal(?). I'd be curious to know what he would prefer to use. A coupe or sedan. A Nissan/Renault T4 or that NISMO TT3.8 in an M45. I really would love to know what would be a strong package. The AMG TT5.5L. Ferrari TV6 in a Quattroporte or 300C. HRT(TWR) could run Jaguars again.

Factory support will have to be paramount. Trying to keep costs down to buy a package and develop the drive-by-wire and type fuel, etc will be interesting to. Someone like LDM would have to pack up and go to DVS.

I'm rewatching V8SC seasons 2004 & 2005. Today's V8SC field is also tiny in comparison. Just amazing to see the independent teams on the grid.

I mean, there is Taz Douglas, Aaren Russell, Heimgartner, Jack LeBroq, Cameron Waters and a few of the Carrera Cup drivers. There are drivers out there.

I think they want to keep him until the regulations change. Then, it's fairground for everyone- including new drivers. They don't want to let Todd go just when the cars are coming good. But I say, don't stop the man once he has his mind set. Let him do PR and get GoPro or Youtube or Tim Tams on the side of the 360 & 36.

I was thinking more along the line of already established drivers but yeah, there are a few good young guys out there that deserve a opportunity. 👍
Tim Tams on the side of the 360 & 36.

You're making me hungry. :lol:

FPR discussing "all options" over Ford future.
Among the ideas Speedcafe.com understands has been floated by the Melbourne squad is the possibility of running two different Ford models concurrently.

While the Falcon FG X will underpin FPR’s campaign next season, campaigning two models, such as the Mustang and Mondeo, across its four cars in future has been tabled as a way to maximise the benefit of a reinvestment by Ford.

Duh! After what Volvo just mentioned about promoting their cars. Ford man. The Falcon would have been in the states, even in the Middle East, years ago.

Me speculating again. Mustangs for Pepsi Max and Mondeos for everyone else.

Imagine all those Falcon XR8s that would have been at SEMA right now. :indiff:

Last edited:
Will they be forced to drive with Paul Morris?

oh odn't remind me, Mosterts Bathurst win has been the greatest accident to happen since my conception 28 years ago, to be honest, Paul Morris was so far off the pace I was surprised to see him actually allowed to race,

By the way, This is the V8 super car series isn't it? Gen II doesn't actually bother me though, as once the Falcon and Commodore officially leave as will I,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back