Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, it's pretty nice and all but honestly I think that the X-Box Triple 8 wildcard last year looked a lot better.

You're right about that.

Digging the fact Pirtek are sponsering it, now if only they could be the major sponser.

I wholeheartedly agree.

@05XR8 I hate to say it but it looks SO Forza 2, a few overlaid primitives to make over-fat swooshes and a massive Manufacturer Decal :D

That's fine. At least XBOX have two cars. I have sour grapes that PlayStation Australia couldn't give two craps to at least get someone on board like... Umm, a NISSAN?!

Boooo XBOX. :P

At least that's not his major sponsor for next year. Would be hard to root for him with the devil on the car. :lol:

B27WwKzCcAA50Z2.jpg

Ambrose went back to using his NASCAR helmet as that has better ventilation than this one.

thumb900_phpyb68igimg_5491.jpg

thumb900_phpnnsalqimg_5460.jpg

More video

A message from NISSAN Motorsport
K14I7BK.jpg

Last edited:
I will put my post on repeat.
PERFECT opportunity for PlayStation Australia to back the Moffat & Caruso Altimas. PLEASE!!!

It's as easy as that! They had 2years in doing the track and 2years to get data from the cars. PD could do all 4 cars. Just leave the design for the JD cars and remove the lettering.

One more video from speedcafe.com

Last edited:
So this required test day is the reason Nissan isn't running 2 cars in the 12hr? What a load of crap. V8SC are trying to be a bully in this situation and it's not going to work out for them. Hopefully the fans make their voices heard and get things changed. (although I know it's too late for Nissan to add a second car)

Buncombe would have the most laps of their lineup from last year. But, they could hire one of the Nissan codrivers from the 1000 to help with set up for a second car.

Doesn't matter who had the date booked first. V8SC elected to change the rule. The international event continues to draw bigger viewer audiences. Showcasing V8 drivers would draw even more atttention come V8 season. But that ain't happening.

Just think who McLaughlin could have been driving for. Someone could have scooped up Ambrose in a late deal. No chance for Lowndes to defend or Giz to have another crack.
It'll be interesting to see viewer ratings for the 12H vs the whole season of V8s for 2015.

I may even have to book flights to NZ for Highlands Park next year.

Well come 2017 Gen II rules I doubt the "touring car" series is going to matter, so getting all the bang for the buck is what V8SC needs to do over the next 2 years, seeing as GT3 is going strength to strength here and globally,

Well come 2017 Gen II rules I doubt the "touring car" series is going to matter, so getting all the bang for the buck is what V8SC needs to do over the next 2 years, seeing as GT3 is going strength to strength here and globally,

That's the way it appears to be with ex-"top tier" drivers having fun in other motorsport categories. Webber, Wurz, Bourdais in WEC, Zanardi in GT3, John Bowe in TCM & AGT, Glen Seton in Production Cars, Baird and Richards in Porsche Cup.

How long have people been speculating this potential move for? It's about time Toyota/Lexus shows some interest. Now for the next most speculated brand to finally give in... can't wait to see that Mitsubishi Magna on the 2017 grid!

Aren't they supposed to announce the new rules like any day now?

Edit: Next Wednesday. Would help if I read the whole article first. :P

Wonder if it will be battle of the truck brands next season
image1.jpg

Erebus have Actros Mercedes-Benz trucks. Hope they get more signage by Actro than just the rear number plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back