• Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep

coulthard-livery.png

V8SC-Test-14-S.jpg

All they did was widen the black & silver band and press "print". Collect $100K from sponsor. :)

All they did was widen the black & silver band and press "print". Collect $100K from sponsor. :)

:lol: As I said it is good but I was hoping to see something more along the line of Andrew Jones's Dunlop series livery from Bathurst, now that would have been rocking.

20141008_1725251.jpg

Speaking of the 2017 rules, allowing coupes kills the charm of the V8 sedan touring cars to me, I'd much rather see GT become the dominant category in Australia if V8 Supercars were coupes anyway, at least GT is production based.
I like Fabs' new livery, better than the Lockwood one.

Really?(rubs hands):sly:

Did T8 run IS200s in BTCC or did they stick with the Vectra?
Past history means nothing tbh, 888 have ran with everyone under the sun.

Lexus have shown intrest for the new regulations if they are what they are looking for but the team they will be connected to is pure speculation at this point.

Sifting through the rubbish. Found this:
http://m.motoring.com.au/news/2014/motorsport-hyundai-and-lexus-linked-to-v8-supercars-47483

Hyundai and Lexus have emerged as the front-runners among up to five new brands that could contest Australia's premier motorsport category in 2017,

Brands like Jaguar, Infiniti, Peugeot, Citroen, Honda, Volkswagen, Skoda, Suzuki and Proton are unlikely starters.

No other brands we approached for comment expressed any desire to go touring car racing, but car-makers have a history of denying they have plans or even interest in racing programs when they are in negotiations. That was evidenced by Volvo, which denied its plans to go V8 Supercar racing when motoring.com.au broke the story in June 2013, then announced it the following week.

For the record, here are the official denials.

"Kia Motors Australia has not been approached with regard to any involvement in the Supercar racing series," KMAu Chief Operating Officer Damien Meredith said. "There are no plans for a motorsport program within KMAu."

"We haven't heard from anyone and we have no initial plans to join in," said BMW Group Australia General Manager Corporate Communications Lenore Fletcher.

"No we have not been approached by V8 Supercars regarding potential future involvement in the series, nor do we expect to," said Porsche Cars Australia's Director of Public Relations and Motorsport Paul Ellis. "Porsche has its own racing series with the one-make GT3 Carrera Cup formula which has been long established and hugely successful in Australia and indeed the rest of the world.

"Mazda Australia has not had any discussions with V8 Supercars on the rollout of their future plans and it's not something we're interested in pursuing," said Mazda Australia Senior Manager Public Relations Steve Maciver.

"Audi Australia has not been approached by V8 Supercars. As the regulations stand now, there is no way Audi could consider competing in the series without the very significant costs associated with developing an all-new race car. Aside from any discussions about the suitability of such an exercise from a marketing point-of-view, this expenditure is not on our agenda," said Audi Australia Senior Product Communications Executive Shaun Cleary.

"Audi is very committed to motorsport globally, in the LMP1 WEC/Le Mans endurance category, DTM in Germany, the recently announced TT Sport Cup one-make series from 2015 and also the FIA GT3 endurance category through Audi Sport's customer racing program. At next year's Bathurst 12 Hour race, seven Audi R8 LMS ultra entries are already confirmed -- including two Phoenix Racing cars from Germany."

"We have not been approached and are unlikely to be interested," said Subaru Australia Managing Director Nick Senior.

"FCA has not been approached to be involved in the Gen II Series in 2017," said Fiat Chrysler Australia Director of Corporate Communications, Lucy McLellan. "Our prior involvement with the Supercars has been limited to supplying Chrysler 300 SRT8s as safety vehicles. Further involvement in any capacity is highly unlikely."

"I can advise it's a motorsport platform we're not interested in," said Renault Australia Corporate Communications & Sponsorship Manager Emily Fadeyev.

I love this one:
"MMAL hasn't been contacted by the organising body, most likely because we don't really have anything that fits the new category," said Mitsubishi Motors Australia Limited Executive Director of Marketing Tony Principe.

I would say with these new regs coming and so much interest from other manufactures to get in, they might have to adjust the grid size by a few cars. Unfortunately as it is, double stacking is already a nightmare.

I've looked at past footage from the late '90s to mid '00s. The compulsory stops from lap 5 to 5 laps before the finish rule, seemed to work. "Supercars (we'll find out Wednesday)" may need to close the pits during safety cars.

Ford pulls out of V8SC in 2016:

IT’S official: Ford is pulling out of V8 Supercars.

As first reported by the Daily Telegraph in October, Ford Australia have confirmed that they will stop pouring financial support into the sport at the end of the 2015 season.

Here is the full statement from Ford Performance Racing, the only team in V8 Supercars that the manufacturer currently supports:

Leading V8 Supercars team Prodrive Racing (Australia) has been informed by Ford Australia that from 2016 the car manufacturer will no longer support the team and its racing program.

Prodrive Racing (Australia) (PRA) has raced under the guise of Ford Performance Racing since the team’s inception in 2003, acting as Ford Australia’s primary manufacturer team throughout this period.

PRA Chief Executive Officer, Tim Edwards responded to Ford Australia’s decision.

“Ford Australia’s decision to not extend its commercial relationship with our team beyond the end of next season is extremely disappointing for our large and loyal fan base, but as a business this decision now allows us to concentrate on our long-term future,” Mr Edwards said.

“We have enjoyed a highly-successful relationship with Ford Australia with just shy of 50 race wins, 150 podiums and the last two Bathurst 1000 crowns together.

“This on track success, along with the engineering and commercial strength that underpins our racing activities, provides us with a very viable business and a strong platform for our future in the sport.

“We will run the new FG X Falcon next season as planned with support from Ford, and we’ll possibly campaign the car in 2016 ahead of the major regulation changes coming from 2017.

“Now that we know where we stand we can further develop other opportunities. We have a range of options, some existing and some that were awaiting this decision, so we can now begin to explore these further.

“Whatever happens, I know our loyal fans will support our team whatever direction we take.”

Team owner Rod Nash also expressed his opinion.

“When [fellow co-owner) Rusty French and I purchased the team two years ago we did so because we saw a strong and diverse business, filled with vibrant people and all with a desire to succeed,” Mr Nash said.

“That hasn’t changed today and nor will it based on the decision of one of our commercial partners. We have a broad revenue base and this decision does not weaken the viability of our business.

“Our team of people have been working tirelessly, with support from V8 Supercars, to ensure a blue presence in our sport so while we don’t agree with today’s decision, we have no choice but to accept it.

“While I sympathise with the legions of Ford fans, they are also fans of our team and our drivers, so whatever direction we take we firmly believe that support will continue.

“Our immediate focus is of course this week and finishing off the season strongly in Sydney. We want to secure Mark second in the points and try and top off Chaz’s Bathurst-winning year with more success.

“Once we’re done in Sydney we can begin working on the future and exploring our range of opportunities.”

The team will look to add to its Bathurst triumph and win tally this weekend at the season-ending Sydney 500 at Sydney Olympic Park

http://www.news.com.au/sport/motors...s-at-end-of-2015/story-fnec58e3-1227140947008

Ford pulls out of V8SC in 2016

Blimey! That's unthinkable, if it wasn't for the fact they've clearly thought it :\

EDIT: On further reading, does this just mean that Ford Australia are pulling support (that's what it seems to mean). Perhaps this is a precursor to a larger worldwide challenge in the "common" platform that's emerging?

Blimey! That's unthinkable, if it wasn't for the fact they've clearly thought it :\

EDIT: On further reading, does this just mean that Ford Australia are pulling support (that's what it seems to mean). Perhaps this is a precursor to a larger worldwide challenge in the "common" platform that's emerging?

Could be the same as MERCEDES BENZ Australia are not supporting Erebus. MB Germany aren't supporting Erebus either but they do acknowledge Erebus and have helped in engine development by way of HWA.

Not trying to be slick. Could this be a roundabout way of saying they won't be in V8 Supercars by name but will be in the series with its new name for 2017? I do hope it will be Ford Racing to enter in the series.

I think you're reading too much into it. Why on earth would they announce that they are backing out when they really mean "we won't be competing in V8 Supercars, because the championship will have a new name"?

I could see FPR running Falcons in 2016 and then Mustangs come 2017 with or without support from Ford.

They said they'd probably continue in 2016 in the article, initially the headline is a real grabber but on consideration (as @prisonermonkeys and @05XR8 say) perhaps it's just literally true that Ford Australia won't continue in V8 Supercars. Because noone else will either.

Personally I think that Ford will return (or rejoin), possibly with a "head office" platform across the world.

I think you're reading too much into it. Why on earth would they announce that they are backing out when they really mean "we won't be competing in V8 Supercars, because the championship will have a new name"?

The same way MBA said we want nothing to do with V8s and MB Germany said you dont speak for us so, we will grant Betty this wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back