Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And race one is underway. As usual, Whincup is already off in the lead making a bit of a gap on the rest of the field. And a huge pack of cars has already pitted after one lap, Whincup has lost a few spots due to a problem getting one of the wheels on.

Well, the racing was pretty meh. It wasn't nearly as intense as it was planned to be.

Still, it was nice to see FPR perform. As Tim Edwards said during the broadcast, Albert Park was the round the team considered to be their worst in 2011, so a good result here would be construed as a sign of progress. And coming off the back of their strong showing in Adelaide, it only reaffirms that they've gotten their act together.

Still, it was nice to see FPR perform. As Tim Edwards said during the broadcast, Albert Park was the round the team considered to be their worst in 2011, so a good result here would be construed as a sign of progress. And coming off the back of their strong showing in Adelaide, it only reaffirms that they've gotten their act together.

Since Campbell Little joined FPR it was a question of when - not if - they'd get their act together. The start of this season points to them finally getting their act together, since they usually have a very poor start to the season.

Chrysler won't be joining the V8 Supercars grid in 2013.

The decision comes after Chrysler Australia's US parent elected not to tip in financial support to back the bid.

Funding from Detroit was always regarded as crucial to the plan for Garry Rogers Motorsport to field two 300C SRT8s from 2013.

Chrysler began considering a V8 Supercar entry because of the category's change to new Car of the Future regulations from 2013, which allows other brands to join Ford and Holden on the grid for the first time in 20 years.

Nissan has already announced it will enter four cars next year via Kelly Racing, rebranded as Nissan Motorsport.

Chrysler's decision means almost certainly Nissan will be the only new manufacturer on the V8 Supercar grid in 2013.

http://www.v8x.com.au/index.php/9-news/251-chrysler-says-no-to-v8-supercars

Good job Channel Ten stalling for time. I really want to know what Angela Bishop, entertainment industry soft-news "reporter" extraordinare thinks of female Formula 1 drivers ...

I expect Simon McNamara will a) write the result off as not being important because it's a non-championship round while b) trying to buy Ford.

Yep, was watching. :D

The stream I have to watch has great audio, but the video freezes every few seconds which is annoying. :(

Even though I'm a Holden fan, I must say it's a refreshing change to see someone other than the Triple 8 commodores winning races lately.

Garth Tander is out of today's race! He came down with food poisoning last night, so his wife is going to drive his car today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back