• Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bump! Back to racing this week!

On a side note, all 6,000 camp sites for the Bathurst 1000 sold out today in 33 minutes. :lol:

On a side note, all 6,000 camp sites for the Bathurst 1000 sold out today in 33 minutes. :lol:

Wow.. That's a real big sell-out. :lol:

Anyways, I just found this picture earlier today.

149710_10150672798119506_71830524505_9540507_983065534_n.jpg

Notice the loss of rear wing on these cars? They look kind of funny without one :lol:

That aside, I'd love to see any of the SBR cars in front, or perhaps both locking up the front grid. Just like in the picture! 👍

Great! Looking forward to next weekend. I don't know why but lately I've been really bit by the v8 bug. I go about mundane things when suddenly "v8 supercars!" just pops into my mind and I've been dying for some action the last couple weeks. Really enjoyed the races in Tasmania so hoping next weekend will be good aswell.

I guess they are looking for more areas to put more people. So keep an eye out as some more spots may open up. 👍

OK8
By the way, when is the Bathurst 1000? Really looking forward to that one.

On the 7th of October mate. Also, Hamilton round is this weekend and not next weekend as like what you said in your previous post. ;)

On the 7th of October mate. Also, Hamilton round is this weekend and not next weekend as like what you said in your previous post. ;)

Cheers. Just two days from my birthday then.

This weekend is going to be exceptionally busy with things to do, with F1, V8, el clasico and a numerically special date on friday aswell.

I won't spoil the qualifying results, let's just say I'm very happy about who got pole. More importantly, I'm happy for the team. :D

Davison and Whincup are the drivers to beat this year, no doubt about it. Good run by HRT to have both cars finish in the top ten for a change.

From a bumping race into a very clean race at the end. The FPR cars look really strong this season though but I was gutted when the steering collapsed for David Reynolds. Hoping for more good race for tomorrow...

Sort of. The Winton Round which was originally scheduled for the 24-26 of August has now been moved back to the "TBA" date of 9-11 of November to make way for the newly added Eastern Creek round.

VESA are always looking for new ways to hold races, and they usually come up with something gimmicky - like the knockout race at Albert Park. But I think that Eastern Creek offers a very unique opportunity to do something different. The circuit is currently undergoing a re-build, and by the time it is done, there will be several different configurations:

Full-ECIR1.jpg

I think it would be a great idea to run three races Eastern Creek, with one race on each layout. The first would be on the short track, going left at Turn 4 instead of right. The second would be on the normal circuit, going straight ahead after Turn 6. And the third race would go right after Turn 6, using the extended circuit.

Three races of equal lengths - maybe 200km apiece - on different circuits. I think it would be great.

Or they could do what everyone else in the world does and have an Eastern Creek Sprint round and an Eastern Creek Endurance Circuit round. Enough with the gimmicky stuff, it just makes it harder to follow.

Or they could do what everyone else in the world does and have an Eastern Creek Sprint round and an Eastern Creek Endurance Circuit round. Enough with the gimmicky stuff, it just makes it harder to follow.
No circuit has more than one round. Why should Eastern Creek be any different?

The beauty of three races on three different circuits is that the pressure is on to get the setup right. The short circuit and the long circuit are vastly different; the short circuit is considerably faster than the longest one.

It's not a gimmick because it doesn't change the format of the racing. It just changes the circuit that the racing takes place on.

No circuit has more than one round. Why should Eastern Creek be any different?

The beauty of three races on three different circuits is that the pressure is on to get the setup right. The short circuit and the long circuit are vastly different; the short circuit is considerably faster than the longest one.

It's not a gimmick because it doesn't change the format of the racing. It just changes the circuit that the racing takes place on.

BTCC, DTM, SuperGT - they all do it (race at the same track twice using different layouts). Why shouldn't V8 Supercars? It's a gimmick precisely because they don't change layouts throughout any other round. Nor does any other major racing series.

It's a gimmick precisely because they don't change layouts throughout any other round.
So, your argument is "they don't do it, so we shouldn't".

Wow. That's very flawed logic. I don't vote liberal, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't.

I bet those last few laps were fantastic! I guess I'm just not meant to enjoy motorsport this weekend... :irked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back