Vision GT vs Red Bull X Cars

Indonesia
Indonesia
Hi guys I'm new here and i would like to know your opinion. Maybe this question is already covered in someone else's thread but I can't find it using the search engine so I'll post it. What do you think is better? VGT or RBX? This isn't about speed but what you like the most

I like VGT project a lot, and I think it's generated more of an awareness of GT amongst non-gaming car people. I don't really like the RBX cars as I kinda suck at driving them, but I do like the idea of them.

Well one thing in common is that those cars including the Citroën GT and Nike One is that those cars were specifically build for GT right? And if I'm not wrong, the Nike One is not present in GT6

I love both.

Racing an X1 with respectful drivers is actually a lot of fun and VGT cars are diverse and interesting.

Also, welcome to GTP! 👍

What are you talking about? They're both in.

Ah, I misread the thread on my lunch, I thought we were discussing the Redbull cars vs. the next VGT, the 2X from GM/Chaparral, seeing how they're supposed to be close performance-wise, not VGT cars in general, my bad.

I'll still be comparing the two for my own interest, once we have access to both.

Hi guys I'm new here and i would like to know your opinion. Maybe this question is already covered in someone else's thread but I can't find it using the search engine so I'll post it. What do you think is better? VGT or RBX? This isn't about speed but what you like the most

X1 for me. It requires quick reflexes but you can carry 2-3 times as much speed as a normal car when you are driving it around fast corners.

I am of the mindset that the RB cars are basically VGT cars as well so ....

I do like the RB Jr a lot, the others are cool but to fast to interest me for any length of time.

I like some of the VGTs pretty good and am still curious to see what the others will be like, especially the Ford and the Tesla

The Vision GT cars are all very different in every way. Looks, performance etc. the X1 cars are basically the same thing but they just have different power outputs. VGT for the epic win.

I like the fact that the Red Bull X Cars are integrated into career mode. I think the VGT project would really benefit from having their own events other than the obligatory Seasonal Event Time Trial.

Outside of that fictional cars are... well... fictional cars. I don't see much of a difference between them especially with cars like the 2X making an appearance.

I like both.
For most of the VGT cars, you just hop on and drive it.
For all the RedBull X2014 cars, you hop on, and then you have to start learning.
Learning where you can brake, when to turn in, when to accelerate, how far to turn in, it is completely different.

But once YOU KNOW HOW TO DRIVE them (including the Fan car) it is a hell lot of fun driving them.

If i had to chose, i would take both.

I like both.
For most of the VGT cars, you just hop on and drive it.
For all the RedBull X2014 cars, you hop on, and then you have to start learning.
Learning where you can brake, when to turn in, when to accelerate, how far to turn in, it is completely different.

But once YOU KNOW HOW TO DRIVE them (including the Fan car) it is a hell lot of fun driving them.

If i had to chose, i would take both.
Since both are already there, you can have both :D

Last edited:
Why can't we have both?

(party)

The Chaparral 2X might just be a good competitor to the Red Bull X series. Apparently, it can go 300 mph in game, which is on par with the X cars. The linked article mentions reaching 297.

Can't people not name the Redbull(s) "X1"?

The X1, a marvel of its own, is very much real (and not in GT6): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrightspeed_X1

x1-electric-01.jpg

That's also an X1.

Stick to Fan/standard car with the year, please.

Last edited:
I always have a, well... Crazy idea?? Just imagine if most or nearly all VGT fans team up and join the party to make our own community designed and funded VGT car, I myself is a designer so I don't see why it's impossible, Project Cars have their own community designed LMP Cars so why does GT can't have such thing? I think we can do it (well... If Kaz or PD give us the green light of course) what do you guys think?

I kinda like both for different reasons, the Red Bulls because of the sort of unleashed, no rules nature they are based upon and the Vision GTs purely because of the varying interpretations, be it somewhat literal (like the BMW, FT-1) or futuristic (like the Chaperral 2X)

Can't people not name the Redbull(s) "X1"?

The X1, a marvel of its own, is very much real (and not in GT6): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrightspeed_X1

View attachment 262503

That's also an X1.

Stick to Fan/standard car with the year, please.

How about...no?

BMW's X1 is crap and that X1 in the picture is nothing more then a modified Ariel Atom. I'm still calling the RBs (minus the Jr) X1 because that's what they were in the first place.

Last edited:
I also prefer both as they signify different areas of creative freedom. The VGTs give us wild looking machines that are still rooted in real world technology, and the X cars give us an exercise in pushing past (fan technology) and existing technology to the absolute maximum without fear of regulations.

They're not really comparable or related. RBX = extreme formula 1 cars. VGT = series of designs to look at how sports cars could be in the future

Back