Bronze: 1:30.000
Silver: 1:25.000
Gold: 1:22.000

Prizes:
Bronze: Cr.30,000 + Special Outfit Volkswagen Vision GT
Silver: Cr.60,000
Gold: Cr.110,000

Participation Award:
Volkswagen GTI Roadster Vision GT car obtained just by entering event.
At least one full lap must be driven regardless of whether the time is valid or invalid.

Courtesy car:
Volkswagen GTI Roadster Vision GT.
Tires: RH, Specs: 608 PP/--HP/--KG.

SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.
Brake Bias is set to 5/5, not adjustable via RA menu.

Tunes:
Not Applicable to event.

Course Conditions:
Time: 10:40
Precipitation: 0%
Track: Circuito de Madrid

Madrid_Track.jpg

Volkswagen GTI Roadster VGT: Inside Movie

#Vision GTI: From first scratch to first place

Highlights GTI Festival at W
örthersee 2014
(0:24 mark>)

----------------------------------------------
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
— Ayrton Senna

Last edited:
Another VGT car that i like the way it looks and love the way it drives. The whole VGT concept is really interesting to me. I really enjoy the futuristic looks to all the cars so far.

Only did a few laps just to get the car. Gold shouldn't be too difficult for most. I would put it at par with the Mitsubishi Super Lap challenge. Good Luck to everyone!

Oh and btw, Mr. 35th in the world sitting over here. Yup I'm that good. thirty fit... uh i mean 76th uhhh i mean 158th. wait.... 2064th.. Well it was cool while it lasted :)

A bit of an irritating combo, perhaps another track would suit the car better. More interesting an event though, I'm just tired right now. Golded on my second clean lap I think it was, after I got how to carry some speed through the hairpin.

Enjoyable drive, I thought did 2 laps and got silver.

Is there a proportion problem with the modelling, or did VW just make the 'roof' line too low? The poor old driver's head sticks out - I wouldn't want to roll it :ouch:.

Nice car to drive but why didn't they choose the A1 Ring for this??? Would of been better suited to it.

Funny you mention that, I had a little template going for the OP expecting that.
So I had to go back and re-edit to change to Madrid before posting. :lol:

Don't know if its relevant, but I did find this little tidbit of info on the Red Bull Ring Wikipedia;

In 2007, talks involving Red Bull, KTM, VW and Magna International for a neuer Österreichring failed, after VW pulled out.

Late in 2008, Red Bull began their €70m reconstruction of the track and DTM chiefs considered a return to the circuit in 2009.

Surprised to Gold after 1 lap (ABS=0 locking up the car had a nice balance in slides)- Car was very helpful and drilled corners -

Considering how the engine is way over the front axel line and it is 4wd and it is an open top German car - It just felt very chuckable and not boosted up with lashings of terminal understeer.

Looks - As a styling exercise.... quite nice.

The things that I am dying to do is run head to head races with the Mitsubishi VGT car - both have the same sort of PP value, but the VW has much better power and less weight...

And you get a snazzy VW Race suit which looks like a Federation Trooper from Blakes 7 back in the 70's! Grubby Black with blood red pencil line trim - Oooh Suits you sir!

Another VGT car that i like the way it looks and love the way it drives. The whole VGT concept is really interesting to me. I really enjoy the futuristic looks to all the cars so far.

Only did a few laps just to get the car. Gold shouldn't be too difficult for most. I would put it at par with the Mitsubishi Super Lap challenge. Good Luck to everyone!

Oh and btw, Mr. 35th in the world sitting over here. Yup I'm that good. thirty fit... uh i mean 76th uhhh i mean 158th. wait.... 2064th.. Well it was cool while it lasted :)
Much easier than that Mitsubishi Matterhorn pita.

Isn't that run up the back a little different in Madrid? Now there are blue and white fencing to narrow and zigzag the previous slight dogleg after the hairpin.

Last edited:
yuk this car is feral , actually all the vision cars are terrible , people are tapping the handbrake to get the car to rotate I`m not sure why we cant just change brake balance to stop these shenanigans

1:21.348. That was the time I pulled around the beautiful city of Madrid, Spain in this Volkswagen GTI Roadster Vision GT Super Lap. It took me a few tries to properly get it right around Circuito de Madrid. In one fairly casual run, I managed to pull a very decent lap here. You can take the entry into the first hairpin somewhat deep with this car. The power delivery is pretty nice for this car. I think this is a pretty fun car to use. While my 111-second lap was good, two of my PSN friends were in the 110-second range. That final chicane kind of tripped me up trying to nail a better lap than the time I put up. Gold isn't really impossible here. I eventually got the hang of Circuito de Madrid back in GT5. Scary enough... I'll sadly remember this track as being the first track where I rolled over my car (I was racing a Ferrari Dino 246) in GT6.

had to try hard just to get down to 1:19.5xx after update doing this combo was just so glitchy for me got sick of pausing several times during one lap and wait for track to keep loading to catch up so i could see where i was going,although i have never had this before on this track just silverstone and bathurst..So i'm thinking its time to upgrade the old fatty that i have........

yuk this car is feral , actually all the vision cars are terrible , people are tapping the handbrake to get the car to rotate I`m not sure why we cant just change brake balance to stop these shenanigans
With the prize car you can at least tune it. For the VW i reversed the spring settings F/R, ie made the front stiffer, and took out a lot of rear toe, .6??

Whoever designed this car needs to be smacked very hard in the head, how - in such an open and fictitious car solely for use in a racing game - do you manage to place the A pillar DIRECTLY IN THE VIEW OF THE APEX FOR ALMOST ANY LEFT HAND BEND.

Amazing..

et_
Oh noo, is the ghost replay still broken!?:(
PD, fix it NOW!:irked:
i had this problem too i did GT academy without my ghost loaded hard to tell when i was improving or not but in this VGT its even harder i cant bet my lap hope i can when i do it again
i find this car horrible to i have a very big under steer when i exit a corner i gotta just push the throttle down very quick just so it drifts and yes horrible brakes i find the car better without abs but i not in the mood to do a lap without it

I got to love this combo and car, Question....is it me or this car setup perfect for drifting out of the box? sliding around the hair pins is fun!:lol:

Hello everyone!

There are some people in here, that in the Seasonal Events run with 2-3, even more, profiles.

I will start with a typical case of CRANK_U1 and Don_One79, the same person with two accounts, which in previous editions with Suzuki in Apricot Hill Race way, made two times very high in the rankings. He was 1th and 32th. Now in Madrid he is still running with these two accounts, and he is 27th and 33th by now!

Another classic case is the OTS_SAW-IV and OTS_moh and, very possibly, with a third account as THC_CP-E

I want to ask you:
Why don’t you choose only one account, of the many, in each event?
Is it right?
Do you think that in this way your country is better advertised?
Why are you still doing this?
Do you know that you injustice thousands at a time world in the world, where all the remaining “clean” players are struggling for a good position in the rankings?
Do you respect all these guys?
If someone finished in the 100th position, is this his true position? Or he could be 3, 5, 10 or more places higher?
Would you love to do this to you?
Can you finally stop this injustice?

Do you know about the FAIR PLAY??? If not, you can read it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sportsmanship

All these are not just for these two people, but also for those from other countries using the same tactics!

Also, I write all these because I feel underprivileged.

I think we can have a clean Leaderboards. It is up to us!

What a truly great car. Managed a 1:17:930, good for Top500.
As always (lately) I made a video to show my line, feedback is always welcome.
Excuse the german flag in the corner, but it's worldcup time :cheers:

@gtp123 Why are you spreading it all over the seasonal events thread? Seriously..... :rolleyes: I do it so i can buy cars on both accounts and i always put in a mediocre lap and discontinue on the other so theres "sportsmanship" for you.

I agree that gtp123 is being a little over-sensitive about it but if you're just running multiple accounts for the money/paint chip I'd suggest only getting just under gold on the account you aren't competing with. 👍

BTW CRANK I must say it's very impressive how consistently you can run near the top with the DS3! :cheers:

@gtp123 Why are you spreading it all over the seasonal events thread? Seriously..... :rolleyes: I do it so i can buy cars on both accounts and i always put in a mediocre lap and discontinue on the other so theres "sportsmanship" for you.

That's a BS excuse if there ever was one, you were 10 seconds clear of accomplishing your goal of getting the gold money with your second account. Think of the guy or girl that is trying for a best ever finish before showing anymore lack of "sportsmanship".

Calling a top 50 time in your second account "mediocre" comes off real good also, probably sits real well with the players who may have tried day after day to get a place near your "mediocre" time.

That's a BS excuse if there ever was one, you were 10 seconds clear of accomplishing your goal of getting the gold money with your second account. Think of the guy or girl that is trying for a best ever finish before showing anymore lack of "sportsmanship".

Calling a top 50 time in your second account "mediocre" comes off real good also, probably sits real well with the players who may have tried day after day to get a place near your "mediocre" time.
Jeez! Calm down. I said it like that because i'm familiar with the car and track after running so many laps on other account so thats why it feels mediocre to me.

Back