Wallbanger's "Tons of Fun"(Final Round Underway)

XDesperado67

The Harvey Wallbanger
Premium
United States
Hillsboro Oregon
XDesperado67
XDesperado67
Untitled-1.png

Gran Turismo Year End Blowout!

So everyone loves running those lightweight sports cars and race cars. Burning up the tracks all around the world as they try to get as much power as possible in the lightest vehicle available. Now ole Harvey Wallbanger here has nothing against that and some of his favorite cars are real lightweights. However, this is Gran Turismo which is Italian for Grand Touring.
A quick Google of Gran Turismo got the following from Wikipedia - A grand tourer (Italian: gran turismo) (GT) is a high-performance luxury automobile designed for long-distance driving. The most common format is a two-door coupé with either a two-seat or a 2+2 arrangement.

The term derives from the Italian phrase gran turismo, homage to the tradition of the grand tour, used to represent automobiles regarded as grand tourers, able to make long-distance, high-speed journeys in both comfort and style. The English translation is grandtouring.

And continueing on we read - Grand tourers differ from standard two-seat sports cars in typically being engineered as larger, and heavier, while emphasizing comfort over straight-out performance or spartan accommodations. Historically, most GTs have been front-engined with rear-wheel drive, which creates more space for the cabin than mid-mounted engine layouts. Softer suspensions, greaterstorage, and more luxurious appointments add to their driving appeal. Some very high-performance grand tourers, such as the Aston Martin DB9, Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano, and the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren make various compromises in the opposite direction while rivalling sports cars in speed, acceleration, and cornering ability, earning them the special designation supercars.

Finally we read - The GT abbreviation, so popular across the automotive industry,traces to the Italian tradition of referring to their luxury performance cars as gran turismo. Manufacturers such as Alfa Romeo, Ferrari and Lancia led the way starting from the end of 1920s.

Further reading shows a wide range of cars that have all included the abreviation GT in their name, but the fact remains that at its root Gran Turismo is as much about large cars having great Style and Comfort as it is performance.

So in a salute to the Gran Turismo title as we close out this first year of GT5 Harvey Wallbanger invites you to join him in tuning and driving some of the larger cars in our garages.

We'll start with a dash around London as we complete some holiday shoping, then its off through the chunnel and across France to the North of Italy and the town of Monza so our rides can show off their legs unimpeded by tight city streets and worries about traffic. A lucky few will be selected to continue on, after a short break for the tuners to make any last second adjustments, to a pair of as yet undisclosed locations.

For this fantastic month of fun we'll be allowing tuners to provide us with any car desired as long as it tips the scales in London with at least 1650kg and comes equiped with a set of Sports Soft tires.

All entries will be divided up into groups, with group size based on the number of entries, to expedite testing and set up scoring. Then the keys will be handed over to the test drivers.

But remember this isn't just about performance on the two closed circuits, but also about style and comfort. So ole Harvey Wallbanger here has created five different categories that each entry will be judged in and awarded points for with the overall winner being the entry accumulating the most points.

Your probably wondering by now what these five categories are, so to end the suspense here they are:
1)London Time Trial
2)Autodromo Nazionale Monza (No Chicane) Time Trial
3)Drivers Choice Award based on ease and pleasure of driving and not simply performance or looks.
4)Style/Photo Award not a contest for the most artistic photo but one focused on the looks/style of the cars. A great picture of a car most find ugly should get a lower score than an average picture of a car most find beautiful.Note: Only editing and effects that can be done in game may be used for photo entries.
5)Weight with the heavier car scoring more points. This will also be used as a tie breaker if need be.

So you're excited about this event and want to know how you can get in on the fun well read on and all shall be revealed.
This is a Federation of International Tuners and Test-Drivers sanctioned event.
F.I.T.T. rules will be used for this event. Any event specific rules and all deadlines are listed below.

Deadlines
Tuner Sign-ups are open from now until 11:59pm GMT 28 Nov 2011. See under Tuner section below for specifics regarding sign-ups

Tuner Submissions will be open from 12:01am GMT 29 Nov 2011 through 11:59am GMT 2 Dec 2011.

Test Driver Sign-ups will be open from 12:01am GMT 29 Nov 2011 Through 7 Dec 2011. See under Test Driver section below for specifics regarding sign-ups.

First round results for Test Drivers must be posted no later than 11:59pm GMT 11 Dec 2011.

Final Round tuning and Test Driver sign-ups will occur between 12:01am GMT 12 Dec 2011 and 11:59pm GMT 13 Dec 2011.

Final Round Test Driver Results must be posted no later than 11:59pm GMT 18 Dec 2011.

Note: Extensions or exceptions to the above listed deadlines may be issued at the event sponsors discretion. However, it is up to the participants that they do everything possible to meet the listed deadlines as extensions or exceptions will only be granted under extenuating circumstances.
fitt3.png
Tuners
Tuners wishing to enter must not only post in this thread their intention to enter, but must also send me (XDesperado67) a PM either here or via PSN to verify their intent to submit a tune. This is necessitated by my division of entries into test groups and the need for me to give that information to our official score keeper madmyk and photo poll director DigitalBaka as soon as possible.

Tuner Submissions
Between 12:01am GMT 29 Nov 2011 and 11:59pm GMT 2 Dec 2011 all tuners who have confirmed entry via PM must post their tune either here or in their own garages with a direct link to the tune posted here.
Note: Tuners do not post your tunes in this thread or in your garage with a link posted here prior to 12:01am GMT 29 Nov 2011. Photos and discussion of your entry can be posted at any time but the full tune including weight may not be posted prior to the closing of the Tuner sign-ups. Use the time to select your entry, fine tune it and take your photographs.

Style/Photo competition
Photographs may be posted here with or without tune at any time prior to 11:59pm GMT 2 Dec. Please insure that the one you are entering into the style/photo portion of this event is clearly indicatted.
Note: Only editing and effects that can be done in game may be used for photo entries.
Note: Please send DigitalBaka your selected photo or a link to its post so he may place it in the appropriate group poll.

Eligible Cars
Any car is eligible for entry as long as it weighs a minimum of 1650kg. Yes this includes Race cars such as the NASCARS and some Rally cars, Concept cars, Tuner cars such as Art Morrison, Nissmo etc., Trucks, SUV's and Wagons. Minimum weight may be reached through the use of ballast.

Ballast limits
There is no limit on the total amount of ballast that may be used. Up to the full 200kg is authorized.

Tires
Sports Soft tires are the only authorized tires for this event.

Performance Points
There is no PP limit for this event.

Driving aids and track settings
ABS1 and the Driving line are the only authorized driving aids allowed the Test Drivers, and all testing is to be conducted with tire wear/fuel consumption on and grip reduction set to real, so tune accordingly.

Car Sharing
All Tuners are responsible for placing their car on share as written up in their tune, or making arrangements with one of the F.I.T.T. Car Hosts to place it on share.
Note: Tuners please ensure that your cars are fully broken in and have a fresh oil change prior to placing them on share. Also make sure that they have the authorized Sports Soft tires on them!
fitt2.png
Test Drivers
Anyone can volunteer as a test driver including tuners.
While you can announce your intention to act as a Test Driver at any time prior to the Test Driver sign up deadline, you must confirm it with a post here during the Test Driver sign-up period of 12:01am GMT 29 Nov 2011 through 11:59pm GMT 7 Dec 2011. The reason for this is so that our official score keeper madmyk can add you to his scoring forms.
Note: Because entries are being divided into groups Test Drivers need not test all entries for their results to be counted. However, Test Drivers must announce what group or groups of cars they will test and must complete the testing of an entire group for their results to be counted.

Test Drivers results should all be placed in one post here with notifications posted when that results post is updated.

All Test Drivers must include a Drivers Choice ranking for all cars in each group they test. Just as with lap times this ranking will be averaged to produce a final list for the award of points. Drivers Choice rankings should be based on how easy and/or fun the car is to drive and not on its performance or looks.

Driving aids and track settings
ABS1 and the Driving line are the only authorized driving aids allowed the Test Drivers, and all testing is to be conducted with tire wear/fuel consumption on and grip reduction set to real. Excessive tire wear should be factored into the Drivers Choice ranking especially if it causes serious degredation of the cars handling within only a few laps. All testing is to be conducted offline using shared cars.

Note: It is the responsibility of both Tuners and Test Drivers to insure that they have exchanged FRs on PSN for testing. That said, anyone interested in testing should send needed FRs to Tuners as they are confirmed by me and added to the list since not all Test Drivers may volunteer to test all groups and the groups won't be formed until the beginning of the official Test Driver sign-up.
fitt.png
Prizes and awards
The top 2 entries from each group of the first round will each get up to 250,000 credits in cars and parts.

The overall winner will receive an additional 750,000 credits in cars and parts.

The top scoring car in each of the 5 individual categories, across all first round groups will get 100,000 credits in cars and parts.

All Test Drivers will receive 200,000 credits per group tested with a 50,000 credit bonus paid for each additional group. (i.e. test 2 groups get 500,000 in cars and parts, testing for the final round pays the same and adds to the bonus.)

Additional awards may be announced at a later time.

So there you have it, Wallbanger's "Tons of Fun" Gran Turismo year end blow out!

Hope to see a great turnout for this event and remember,
as Harvey Wallbanger always says...
NASCARS are heavy, no wait that's Jeff Gordon:lol:, uhm oh yeah...
Drive hard and have fun!:cheers::gtpflag:

Last edited:
Links to Tuner entries and Test Driver results

Tuners
Group A
1) XDesperado67 Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08 "Isabella"
2) wildheart90 Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 '09
3) CyKosis1973 Jaguar XKR Coupe '10
4) oopssorryy Lexus GS300 '00 Car Shared by Shmogt
5) Rallywagon C-Fresh Tuned Subaru Legacy B4 Blitzen '00
6) CSLACR Dodge Viper ACR

Group B
1) Indy Racerfan SLR AMG "Breaking Wrist"
2) DigitalBaka Ferrari California '08 GT "Solar Flare"
3) madmyk Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09
4) Jackthalad BMW M3 Coupe '07
5) sean10mm Audi RS6 Avant '08
6) GPdesign Withdrawn due to technical difficulties.

Group C
1) tris_73 Mercedes Benz, SL 65 AMG (R230) '04
2) ACSR421 Lamborghini Murcialago LP670-4 SV '09 "Bodacious"
3) krenkme
4) Motor City Hami Maserati GranTurismo S '08
5) Shmogt Bugatti Veyron 16.4 2009 Car shared by XDesperado67
6) nomis3613 SL 65 AMG '04

Group D
1) Onboy123 Mercedes CL626 'Blue Whale’
2) Dragonthing BMW M5 '08 "Sturmdrachen"
3) Johnnypenso Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro '09
4) MrGrado Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
5) praiano63 Maserati Gran Turismo S '08
6) sheephead99 Mercedes C63 AMG 'GT Edition'

Test Drivers
Will link these to the Test Drivers results posts. For this reason Test Drivers need to keep all their results in one post. Use the edit post feature to update the post as needed.
Test Drivers remember to give a Drivers Choice ranking from 1st to last for all cars in the group/s your testing.

XDesperado67 Groups A/B/C/D
krenkme Group D
Onboy123 Group D
praiano63 Groups A/B
GoSpeedGo88 Groups B/D
nomis3613 Group A
Johnnypenso Group A/B/C
MrGrado Groups A/B/C/D
racer39658 Groups A/C
moparisgod Group C
DaDog Group D
DaDog Group A
Ealirendur Group C

Last edited:
Final Round Tracks, List of Finalists, Final Round Test Drivers, Link to Final Round Score Sheets and Link to Final Round Photo Poll.
For the final round our 8 finalists and the test drivers will need to head slightly east then turn north to take the Brenner Pass through Austria into southern Germany where they'll continue in a north westerly direction to the town of Nürburg home of the famed Nürburgring to take on the Nürburgring GP/D track. After completing their circuits of this world class track they will head out for their final destination. Traveling to the southwest they'll cross southern France and the Pyrenées into Spain to reach our final destination of Madrid. Once in Madrid it's time for a few quick laps of Madrid Mini (Reverse) before we celebrate our first Gran Turismo Tuning Championship and the holidays in style along the sunny Mediterranean coast.

Finalists
XDesperado67 Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08 "Isabella"
krenkme Nissan GT-R SPEC V '09
Johnnypenso Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro '09
wildheart90 Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 '09
praiano63 Maserati Gran Turismo S '08
ACSR421 Lamborghini Murcialago LP670-4 SV '09 "Bodacious"
madmyk Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09
DigitalBaka Ferrari California '08 GT "Solar Flare"

Final Round Test Drivers
sheephead99
Johnnypenso
Jackthalad
GoSpeedGo88
praiano63
MrGrado
ACSR421

Links to Score Sheets and Photo Polls

Final Round Score Sheet
Official Score Sheets

Photo Polls
Final Round
Group A
Group B
Group C
Group D

Special thanks here to madmyk for generating the score sheets and to DigitalBaka for setting up and handling the photo polls. Also need to thank Dragonthing for the great event banner and krenkme's family for the F.I.T.T. banners they have provided us.:cheers::gtpflag:

Last edited:
I've been waiting all day for this :dopey: :lol:.
Sign me up for tuner and tester.... and sponser if you need one. Clueless tunes could also donate 100,000 Cr. on top of what you are offering as prizes if you'd like :dopey:
Now to get tuning 👍

edit- sorry, if you need this post I'll give it to you I just couldn't wait :D

I've been waiting all day for this :dopey: :lol:.
Sign me up for tuner and tester.... and sponser if you need one. Clueless tunes could also donate 100,000 Cr. on top of what you are offering as prizes if you'd like :dopey:
Now to get tuning 👍
I've been typing that on my cell phone for the last 5 hours so you better well sign up and find the rest of your crew to shanghai more entries to this mess, erm I mean extravaganza!:lol:

I have my car already.
Needs sum finetune before publish. :)

This Elephant weights around 1900 kg :P

raVer
Just remember to read the rules and don't post your tune before the listed time/date!👍👍

right!!! tons of fun!!!!, sound right up your ally X!!!! :lol: I'm in as a tuner gotta make up for my thinking outside the box for DB's shootout:sly: PM FORTH COMING

Indy

I'm in as a tuner. I can't test due to vacation the week of Dec 4th. I will help out with scorekeeping while I am around but might need a volunteer to help while I'm out. We should not leave this to our fearless sponsor as he would not have fun typing in times and scores from his phone.

Also Mr. Wallbanger, is it Monza proper, or without chicanes? It would make a difference in the tuning for top speed.

I'm in as a tuner. I can't test due to vacation the week of Dec 4th. I will help out with scorekeeping while I am around but might need a volunteer to help while I'm out. We should not leave this to our fearless sponsor as he would not have fun typing in times and scores from his phone.

Also Mr. Wallbanger, is it Monza proper, or without chicanes? It would make a difference in the tuning for top speed.
Oh shoot I knew I forgot something.:dunce:

It's Monza (no chicane) I've updated the OP.

In to drive for sure! I seem to be in a slump for tuning but I'll see how that goes too. :) Already testing my heavyweights and the walls at London don't like it. :lol:

I'm in! I've got a car in mind already!

In to drive for sure! I seem to be in a slump for tuning but I'll see how that goes too. :) Already testing my heavyweights and the walls at London don't like it. :lol:
Good to hear guys send me a PM confirming entry as tuners.

For those wanting to drive make sure to indicate such again when the regular Test Driver sign-up period begins along with what groups you'll be testing.👍👍

I would like to take part in this as a tuner plz :)

Looks like I will need to make my own garage, by the way is the testing to be done online or offline?

Last edited:
By the way my psn is wildheart90, not my GTP username.

Looks like I will need to make my own garage, by the way is the testing to be done online or offline?

All F.I.T.T events are done offline unless it's stated in the OP that it shall be done online. 👍

Received your confirmation PM and adding you to the list now.

Testing is to be done offline which I will add to the OP.

Also will add that all Tuners must place their cars on share or arrange for one of the F.I.T.T. Car Hosts to host it for them.

It will be the responsibility of both Tuners and Test Drivers to insure that they have exchanged FRs on PSN for testing. That said, anyone interested in testing should send needed FRs to Tuners as they are confirmed by me and added to the list since not all Test Drivers may volunteer to test all groups and the groups won't be formed until the beginning of the official Test Driver sign-up.

Added DigitalBaka, ACSR421 and Dragonthing to the list of tuners I've received confirmation PMs from.

Reminder to all Tuners wanting to sign-up that you need to send me a PM as well as posting here.

If anyone has posted here but doesn't see their name on the tuner list it's because I've not received the confirmation PM yet.:odd:

Also remember that Tuners can also sign-up as Test Drivers and that Test Drivers will only have to sign up individual groups of 5-7 cars and not all entries if there are time constraints.💡

I've already tested my barge on London. Not as bad or mad as I was expecting. And I also put a bit of drag racing theory to practice, which is nice. :D

Added DigitalBaka, ACSR421 and Dragonthing to the list of tuners I've received confirmation PMs from.

Reminder to all Tuners wanting to sign-up that you need to send me a PM as well as posting here.

If anyone has posted here but doesn't see their name on the tuner list it's because I've not received the confirmation PM yet.:odd:

Also remember that Tuners can also sign-up as Test Drivers and that Test Drivers will only have to sign up individual groups of 5-7 cars and not all entries if there are time constraints.💡

Sent you a PM a few hours ago. But will send another you you need me to.

Got your PM and added you to the Confirmed Tuner list CyKosis.👍👍

Far too scared of my R2000 now, corners like it is on rails...and I triple checked my tyres and assists too out of sheer disbelief :scared: :dopey: stay tuned to find out what it is!

Back